Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Where does Jake Arrieta sign?

Trying to get some discussion going in the MLB forum, so lets take a look at Arrieta on the FA market. Arrieta has a lot of rumored suitors, from a return to the Cubs, as well as the Nationals, Phillies, Blue Jays, Rockies, Brewers. Twins, Cardinals and Astros. So where does Arrieta end up to start the 2018 season?

Cubs or Brewers

I have a feeling the Phillies are getting one of Lynn, Darvish, Arrieta if they don't acquire a SP via trade.

I'd put Arrieta at the most likely to wind up on the Phillies out of those mentioned those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I have a feeling the Phillies are getting one of Lynn, Darvish, Arrieta if they don't acquire a SP via trade.

I'd put Arrieta at the most likely to wind up on the Phillies out of those mentioned those.
    I can see him being a Phillie

Cards and Cubs are apparently linked to Arrieta

I want to avoid him.

People talk about the second half resurgence, but his second half periphs are just as bad as his first half. And people are glorifying his two post-season starts, but if you combine those two starts, he had a 5.95 FIP in them.

They lost Game 4 against the Nationals, he went 4 innings and walked 5, giving up two doubles and an unearned run.

He was better in Game 4 of the NLCS against the Dodgers, which the Cubs pulled out. He went 6.2, 5 BB, 9 K, 1 HR.

Arrieta has shown a steady regression and a HR allowed spike 4 years in a row (not relegated to only this season) and has been leading the league in WP.

I hope the Cards avoid him. Wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs over extend to keep him

I don't trust Arrieta... not one bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

The Orioles

Hell be 32 in a month or so and hes got declining numbers and declining velocity. Anyone who gives him more than a 3 year deal is crazy.

The highest I would go is probably 3/60. Hes not worth more than that

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    The Orioles
    No way lol. Even with the need being there for SP, I can't see a reunion happening. We will just "re-Oriole" him, and all the work the Cubs did to fix him will be for nothing.

I loved what he did for the Cubs, but I do not want him back. You might get two more good years out of him, but the end of the contract will be awful. His homeruns and walks have been going up the last few years and his velocity down. You are lucky if you get six innings out of him anymore because of his high pitch count.

He will probably sign with a team that will risk the back end of his contract to win a world series now. So probably a team with multiple pieces that can be free agents in a year or two.

Nationals?