Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where does JD Martinez sign?

Trying to get some discussion going in the MLB forum, so lets take a look at Martinez on the FA market. With his lack of defensive prowess in the outfield, it seems that an AL team would be the best fit- the Red Sox have been the most rumored destination, but his power doesn't quite play well there. Same as the Giants, another team that's been rumored to be interested in Martinez. The Diamondbacks would like to see him back, but in all likelihood do not have the funds to make it happen. So where does Martinez end up to start the 2018 season?

Red Sox

Boston. They might be the only team truly in it. Here is what is known right now.

1.The Red Sox are the most interested, but they don't want to go 7 years.
    2.The D-Backs want Martinez back, but have to to trade Greinke to make it happen. No takers right now.
    3.The Giants have interest, but he appears to be lower on their list. They seem to be more interested in guys like Cain, Billy Hamilton, and Jay Bruce.

PAPI SMASH!

Red Sox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Red Sox seem likely

My dark horse would be the Blue Jays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Red Sox seem likely

My dark horse would be the Blue Jays.
    They would be...if Rogers wasn't so cheap.

PAPI SMASH!

the bluejays

The Red Sox have to sign him after the Yankees got Stanton, but I'd say the dark horse is the Giants. Even though they probably shouldn't go for Martinez, they'll eventually start getting into the race and end up being the Red Sox biggest competition. Cubs will go for him softly.

I'd like the Rockies to sign him. We all saw what he did in Arizona, just imagine what he would do in Colorado!! Martinez and Arenado would be the Judge/Stanton of the NL. East vs West! NL vs AL! What a show that would be!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Killer_P's View Post
    I'd like the Rockies to sign him. We all saw what he did in Arizona, just imagine what he would do in Colorado!! Martinez and Arenado would be the Judge/Stanton of the NL. East vs West! NL vs AL! What a show that would be!
    Never realized Arenado was so young, always thought he was close to 30. Absolute Giant killer. Cant wait till he's out of the NL West. One hell of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Never realized Arenado was so young, always thought he was close to 30. Absolute Giant killer. Cant wait till he's out of the NL West. One hell of a player.
    He's the best all around 3B in baseball and getting better and better. One of the downsides of getting Longoria, Giants don't have a shot at Arenado in 2020

I see the Sox waiting him out, and getting him for 6/150.

If not them, then I can see the Nationals working out a deferred option with him. Something like $210 paid out over 15 years, but controlled for 8 years.

I feel some of these opinions are biased opinions than reality. I'm a Yankee fan and would sure love to have JD. Imagine him Judge and Stanton, but with the 40 outfielders we have, it's just unlikely. We already did our damage with Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    We got his little brother in our minor league system.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Boston. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already tbh

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast