Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Where does Eric Hosmer sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Right. It's like he has all the worst sources or he makes it all up
    This. Heyman too, dude just throws names and ties them to teams with zero credibility.

Its why i only listen to our local reporters for news/rumors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I heard the Royals offered 7/147...I hope he takes it.

The Royals will be ****ed over with a high payroll for another 5+ years...do it Hosmer, teach these small market teams to stay in their lane.

Dayton Moore would be considered an even ******** GM id that happens
    There’s no bitterness in this post at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post

Because there’s no way this backfires for the Royals

First thing people jump to is call you bitter. but I’m willing to bet that the Royals might be competitive once Hosmer is out of his prime, being a small market team with a 25MM commitment? They already have the likes of Gordon and Kennedy taking up half their payroll, Hosmer handicaps them from doing anything significant.

I like watching teams crash and burn because they were too stupid to realize that it was time to move on. Check the Phillies and Yankees from 2010-2016, the Orioles for the past 3-4 years, the Tigers the past 3-4 years, and even the Giants for the upcoming 5 years.

Royals were stupid enough to farther deplete their system to make an impossible run, they should’ve traded their big three when they first had the chance. Now, they’ll face the consequences.

The Royals signing Hosmer and the way they handled their impending FA/failed season is a terrible move, that’s something we should all agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Nightengale seems to somehow be wrong all the time

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Nightengale says he has confirmed the number of years with both teams, Padres and Royals.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post

Hahahaha!! Hadn't pieced that together just yet but was going to mention that Moore's rep really shouldn't be too bad. Especially with the back to back WS appearances.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Because there’s no way this backfires for the Royals

First thing people jump to is call you bitter. but I’m willing to bet that the Royals might be competitive once Hosmer is out of his prime, being a small market team with a 25MM commitment? They already have the likes of Gordon and Kennedy taking up half their payroll, Hosmer handicaps them from doing anything significant.

I like watching teams crash and burn because they were too stupid to realize that it was time to move on. Check the Phillies and Yankees from 2010-2016, the Orioles for the past 3-4 years, the Tigers the past 3-4 years, and even the Giants for the upcoming 5 years.

Royals were stupid enough to farther deplete their system to make an impossible run, they should’ve traded their big three when they first had the chance. Now, they’ll face the consequences.

The Royals signing Hosmer and the way they handled their impending FA/failed season is a terrible move, that’s something we should all agree on.
    So you like to see teams who are trying to compete, fail? Why play the sport if you don't plan on being competitive? The 08 Phillies had a solid core that had a chance to be a dynasty team. The 09 Yankees still had Jeter/Rivera/ TEx/ Arod etc. Why not try and continue competing? The 2010, 2012, 2014 Giants had a solid core and relatively young. The 2014-2014 Royals had a good core as well. Why not maximize your success and keep trying to compete as long as you can until your team breaks down or guys leave? Every team goes through the same cycle. The Cubs will go through it in 5 years or so. Eventually so will the Dodgers and Yankees. Every successful organization goes through it after a series of postseason/world series championships.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Hahahaha!! Hadn't pieced that together just yet but was going to mention that Moore's rep really shouldn't be too bad. Especially with the back to back WS appearances.
    Feel like just a year ago people were referring to him as one of the best GM's in all of baseball. He's far from an idiot, that's for sure. Built a solid core that made back to back World Series appearances and really if it weren't for Madison Bumgarner, the Royals would be calling themselves back to back champions which is a very difficult and rare thing to do in this game. And if I am not mistaken the Royals were playing some pretty good baseball at the deadline, but I didn't agree with the acquisitions that KC made.
    Last edited by Lincecum4CY; 01-03-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123