Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where does Eric Hosmer sign?

Trying to get some discussion going in the MLB forum, so lets take a look at Hosmer on the FA market. He was rumored to be a possibility for the Red Sox, but they seem to be out of the running for him as they brought back Mitch Moreland. The Padres seem to be the front runner to bring him in to provide veteran leadership and prepare for their build, and the Royals would also like him back. So where does Hosmer end up to start the 2018 season?

Padres

Yankees , he said he wants to win
    #BringBackMatty

I think he ultimately ends up back in Kansas. Can also see the Cardinals going for him if his price drops a little.

Doesnt make a whole lot of sense for SD to go after him. There will be plenty of options for them next year when they are closer to competing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Would love for the Yanks to sign him.

Whoever gets him will certainly regret the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Would love for the Yanks to sign him.

Whoever gets him will certainly regret the contract.
    I was being sarcastic lol
    #BringBackMatty

I think SD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I think he returns to the Royals.

Not too much of a market for him because I think most teams recognize his contract will be way bigger than his worth. I see him going back to the Royals, because San Diego won't have enough money.

I think Padres. Padres are closer than some think and they are looking to make a splash. They were all in on Ohtani, I think they land Hosmer just not on the mega deal he wants. I think the Royals are more likely to bring back Moustakas than Hosmer.

Royals 5/90

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    This would be a good fit for us. Bird is our 1B. Will Hosmer be ok at DH?

Royals. Wherever he goes though he's going to get wayyyyyy overpaid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not a fan of any big ex-Royal FA's that are available this offseason. Desperately hoping my team stays far away from them all.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of any big ex-Royal FA's that are available this offseason. Desperately hoping my team stays far away from them all.
    Same

Hosmer is a ground ball hitting 1B who needs a high BABIP to show offensive success. While he does hit the ball the other way well, that played well in KC due to the large park. I think he is a good offensive profile for a large park team (Petco, San Fran, Miami, etc). But no team really needs him and this is from a 1B who has mixed reviews on his glove work. Anything longer than 4 years is likely an overpay.

Moose came out of nowhere and his power doesn't look nearly sustainable enough. He probably eventually needs to shift to 1B as well. He is Chris Carter but can play defense at third base. All of his offensive value comes from the home run. Which he hits about one every four games. Anything more than 4/$60-72 is likely an overpay

I like Cain the most, but I hate his age and how much of his game is built on his speed, including his offense.
    But anything more than 4/$60-72 is likely an overpay

And Escobar can't hit and needs to take a utility role somewhere as a backup infielder for 1/$4M

I don't see why any team would jump at the idea of fitting these guys in. And I get why teams are looking the trade route.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 12-30-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast