Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Build the oline up
    Scary part is he didn't sign Steve smith let Norman go, does this mean obj is gone? I'd hate that lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Steve Smith wanted big cash
    Norman wasn't worth big cash.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG91 View Post
    Can we trade down 2-3 spots and still get Barkley? That would be best case if we decide to trade out of 2.
    I doubt it because I think the Colts would take him at 3 if the order is the same after Sunday

Dude Barkley is overrated. He only played good vs trash unranked teams.
    Rasaad Penny gives you better numbers vs same level comp. same size n speed. Later rds

I like hire. My only disappointment is that McCloughan didn't get a chance.

Gettlemen wasn't the safe pick.. The Safe pick would have been The interm Kevin Abrams or The VP of Player Eval Marc Ross
    Going with someone who was cut out of the blue after rebuilding a franchise. not from the ground up but from the sub basement .. The Panthers were in Cap Hell the first season he took over they were -8 million to -15million Different articles range but the least was 8 over the cap,

So for the HC spot. They said he is leaning towards a defensive minded HC.
    Steve Wilks (Panthers DC) might be his target
    I wanted to keep Spags on in some way shape or form .. Watch he goes to Jags...

But Matt Patricia is also a name out there and with the possibility of O'Brien being Booted from Houston, Would it be out of the question to land Patricia as the HC and O'Brien as the OC/ AHC ?

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Build the oline up
    Scary part is he didn't sign Steve smith let Norman go, does this mean obj is gone? I'd hate that lol
    Expectation is Kevin Abrams will stay on as the assistant GM with Dave Gettleman hired as the general manager.

Abrams did most of the Contract negotiations when JR was GM
    So i'd assume He will continue that role.

Norman wasn't worth the money that was a smart move
    Smith wasnt a good pay day but he and Cam did not get along and Smith isn't one to hide feelings
    So they had to make a call on who to keep and who to send packing... AKA not the franchise QB

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    Gettlemen wasn't the safe pick.. The Safe pick would have been The interm Kevin Abrams or The VP of Player Eval Marc Ross
    Going with someone who was cut out of the blue after rebuilding a franchise. not from the ground up but from the sub basement .. The Panthers were in Cap Hell the first season he took over they were -8 million to -15million Different articles range but the least was 8 over the cap,

But Matt Patricia is also a name out there and with the possibility of O'Brien being Booted from Houston, Would it be out of the question to land Patricia as the HC and O'Brien as the OC/ AHC ?
    It depends if the QB of the future is drafted. If he is then in my opinion it would be important to have an offensive minded HC to mentor and develop a young QB. That said if O'Brian is let go I think he would be an excellent HC for the Giants. Funny if Spags goes to Jacksonville, the Giants will be playing Jacksonville next year. Can you imagine if Eli is released and traded to the Jaguars, I think the schedule makers would schedule the Jaguars to play the game at Met Life

This is the most expected vanilla move they could have made.

Meh we’ll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This is the most expected vanilla move they could have made.

Meh we’ll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like that Gettleman’s philosophy is building a team through the trenches. This team isn’t doing anything until management fixes the Oline and finds one or two more players who will help rush the QB. If Gettleman drafts and signs players who can help protect the QB, open up running lanes and get to the opposing QB, this team will be a contender again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    It depends if the QB of the future is drafted. If he is then in my opinion it would be important to have an offensive minded HC to mentor and develop a young QB. That said if O'Brian is let go I think he would be an excellent HC for the Giants. Funny if Spags goes to Jacksonville, the Giants will be playing Jacksonville next year. Can you imagine if Eli is released and traded to the Jaguars, I think the schedule makers would schedule the Jaguars to play the game at Met Life
    From my perspective O'Brien was mediocre in Houston. What makes him an excellent choice for the Giants?

I like Gettleman's kick butt take no prisoners, no non sense approach in his presser. Reminds me on my drill sergeants in Air force

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post

I think the team will end up with Defilippo as the OC. Based on the success that both Foles and Wentz have had puts him in the lead for an OC hire. I wouldn't be opposed to that. Last time we hired a position coach from the eagles to be our coordinator we ended up winning the super bowl.
    Last edited by eeek78; 12-29-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Loved Gettleman press conference

Dude pretty much said:

This Oline sucks

Need to clean the locker room and get rid of a few guys

OBJ is here to stay period

Eli still has a lot left but still need to watch film

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast