Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I am not at all advocating keeping Marc Ross and I support his firing . That said, the way it was done is disturbing unless there is something that we do not know.

Why couldn't Gettleman have waited until the season had ended to fire Ross ? What good was it to fire him with one game remaining in the season, he couldn't do anything anyway? It looks like there are going to be other changes made administratively.

I am just disappointed in the lack of class shown, unless as I previously said, there is something that we do not know.
    I personally agree with how DG handled the situation because it appears that he want to make a statement first and foremost....loud and clear that 2-13 is clearly unacceptable and some heads are going to roll. He released Hart as well and I'm sure there is more to come.

On the flip side.....maybe he feels its better than being phony by speaking to the guy as he walk pass him around the facilities as if everything is OK....making him think he still may be with the organization after the season ends. I think DG has to much respect for him to treat him like a lame duck..... other teams , colleges now no he's available.

Can you image the conversation pre game with DG and MR....I think we should go with Sam Darnold #1 .......DG thinking, well you won't be around to find out.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Well, JDR anyone? Not sure he'd want to get right back into coaching after being fired by Oak, but who knows?

I still think I'd prefer Schwartz, but wouldn't be pissed about Del Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    I actually think Schwartz is a solid pick. Has experience as both a HC (with obviously mixed results, though don't forget he inheirted an 0-16 team) and very successful DC. He's got a fire in his belly and will command a ton of respect from our players (Philly players have said that he's very tough on them but that they love playing for him).

Also, he's relatively young and, if successful, can be here for a long time, which you'd have to think Mara will like, especially after the 1.5-and-done McAdoo stint.
    McDaniels had a top 10 offense in Denver. The 2nd season was bad but it was more so their defense not the offense. Guy went top 10 with Kyle orton Brandon Lloyd and Willis mcgahee.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I personally agree with how DG handled the situation because it appears that he want to make a statement first and foremost....loud and clear that 2-13 is clearly unacceptable and some heads are going to roll. He released Hart as well and I'm sure there is more to come.

On the flip side.....maybe he feels its better than being phony by speaking to the guy as he walk pass him around the facilities as if everything is OK....making him think he still may be with the organization after the season ends. I think DG has to much respect for him to treat him like a lame duck..... other teams , colleges now no he's available.

Can you image the conversation pre game with DG and MR....I think we should go with Sam Darnold #1 .......DG thinking, well you won't be around to find out.
    I guess we can agree to disagree.

And now Caldwell and John Fox join the unemployment line.

Wow, lots of teams purging their HCs already...

One thing about finding a new HC right now is that they're are plenty of candidates out there. No rush...lets let the playoffs play out and hire a new HC just before the draft.

I swear, if Saban win this championship tonight, I'd offer the job to him.

Ross ran the draft for us .. DG is running it now.
    Ross pick most of the busts..
    Get him out before we really get the draft board set so if another team adds him he has a little less info.

I want Patricia.
    It's crazy the raider s fire JDR and he has a winning record with the team...

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Nothing vanilla about firing Marc Ross and waiving Bobby Hart. In time you may appreciate his hiring.
    Let me rephrase that then. I love Gettleman and like the move to bring him back. I meant itís just a very expected Giants move. Any fan of the team saw this coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arians retiring? Wow...

Would love him as HC here..

Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Arians retiring? Wow...

Would love him as HC here..
    Me too at first but if he's considering retirement, he's loosing his passion for the game. With that being said...go enjoy your retirement buddy, we have a lot of work to do.

At one point when we were looking to replace Tom Coughlin, I had wanted Todd Haley. I'd love to have him as our OC but don't know how he will do as HC. I do think he has talent and a upgrade from Ben McAdoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    At one point when we were looking to replace Tom Coughlin, I had wanted Todd Haley. I'd love to have him as our OC but don't know how he will do as HC. I do think he has talent and a upgrade from Ben McAdoo.
    Todd Haley as HC? What else do you want? Richie Kotite as the OC and Ray Handley as the DC?

Add Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur to the list of New York Giants coaching candidates.
    per ESPN

Shurmur could be interesting. What he has done so far this year with the Vikings is for sure impressive.

I want JDR, he did well with that Oakland group last year and he coached the jags like coughlin. Can get magic again

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345