Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Gettleman Named New GM

Last edited by ohbilly2134; 12-28-2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Added URL

They played it safe IMO. But, given what's going on I can understand why they went with someone proven and experienced. I have mixed feelings.

His past history says he'll build up our Trenches.. we have the D line for the most part ... God please give Eli a line for a year

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    They played it safe IMO. But, given what's going on I can understand why they went with someone proven and experienced. I have mixed feelings.
    Agreed 100%. After the McAdoo debacle, I got the sense that Mara and co. would likely go the opposite direction with our new administration and put a lot of weight in experience. On the HC front, I think whomever we hire won't be a first timer.

Retread....He has some house cleaning to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns:32066493
    His past history says he'll build up our Trenches.. we have the D line for the most part ... God please give Eli a line for a year
    As long as he goes QB followed by O-LINE and O-LINE I will be happy.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I like the hire. A proven commodity who I think got a bit of a raw deal in Carolina. He helped put together a solid team there, specifically in the trenches and the overall defense.

If he can do the same here, he addresses our main short term and long-term needs.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I like the hire.

He's also traded down 4 times. So for those who like trade downs and cried Reese never did, there is now a better chance. Lol

Don't like his age but oh well

I was hoping for Louis Riddick. He is a younger, new school type of guy. But I am not mad at Gettleman. He had success in Carolina and knows what he is doing. Curious now to see his vision. Does he move on from Eli or try to reload and make another run? My opinion would be to trade Eli for as good of a pick as you can. He makes $22M next year. There will be comparable vet QB's we can sign for less. Then draft Rosen or Darnold and build the O line.

Ok , one down, one to go. I hope he does not choose the DC from the Panthers although I don't know very much about him.

If the Giants do indeed draft a QB, then we need a HC who will mentor him and develop him. That is why McDaniels would be my choice . I am still in favor of Barkley and rolling the dice with Manning and Webb, but he would have to address the OL in FA. Actually if we draft a QB he would have to address the OL in FA,

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Ok , one down, one to go. I hope he does not choose the DC from the Panthers although I don't know very much about him.

If the Giants do indeed draft a QB, then we need a HC who will mentor him and develop him. That is why McDaniels would be my choice . I am still in favor of Barkley and rolling the dice with Manning and Webb, but he would have to address the OL in FA. Actually if we draft a QB he would have to address the OL in FA,
    Can we trade down 2-3 spots and still get Barkley? That would be best case if we decide to trade out of 2.

Mara has no testicles. I'm more concerned of the coaching hire. It has to be Harbaugh or McDaniels.
    Art Stapleton is saying he's hearing Gettleman like bill obrien if Houston lets him go🤢🤢🤢

This moves says to me all you fans crying influenced this crying about Eli and there starting him next year and DG is here to build the trenches

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast