Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Paige's in-ring WWE career is reportedly over, according to a report from PWInsider.
    Paige, 25, has been out of action since sustaining an injury at a RAW live event at the Nassau Coliseum in late December. Paige was teaming with Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville against Sasha Banks, Bayley & Mickie James. Paige took a kick to the back from Banks and dropped to the canvas. Paige struggled to get to her feet before falling to the mat, causing the referee to throw up the "X" injury signal and stop the match. A stretcher was brought out, however she was able to walk to the back with the help of the doctors.
    PWInsider reports that Paige was told at this past Monday's RAW that she will not be able to return to the ring. It was noted that she is "done" as a wrestler, and that the situation is similar to Edge's retirement in 2011 due to a neck injury.
    Paige had just returned to WWE in late November after a seventeen month absence due to a neck injury she suffered in June of 2016. During her absence she suffered two Wellness policy suspensions.

That sucks.
    I'll never forget her main roster debut. One of the best debuts in recent memory
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnzoZW5wjTc

a year ago I wouldn't have really cared with the way she was acting, but with her comeback and hearing her on Lillian Garcia's podcast, I feel bad. She worked hard and went through hell to return, and it ended so quickly. Her doctors said she shouldn't be wrestling anymore and with her career ending so quickly on a move that wasn't really dangerous, they were probably right. She was gonna breakdown regardless...

In hindsight, it was probably dumb to have her working live events after coming off such a serious injury. She shoulda been a part-time wrestler and slowly worked into the full-time schedule.

I'd think that this gives them even more pause about bringing Bryan back.

Really sucks b/c she just got back and was hitting her stride.

It sucks for Paige and for wrestling. The matriarch of the modern "women's revolution" force to retired early. Damn. Paige was one of my favorites. Paige/Emma is still my favorite NXT match.

------------

As cold as this may sound in like of Paige's injury/retirement, I wonder what's going to happen to Deville/Rose. I know the WWE is high on both, hence pairing them with Paige but neither is really ready to go on as neither have a character that connect with the fans yet. The are three scenarios:

I would love to see the WWE bring back Emma and have her replace Paige as leader of Absolution, with Paige taking on a "JJ Dillon" role.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    It sucks for Paige and for wrestling. The matriarch of the modern "women's revolution" force to retired early. Damn. Paige was one of my favorites. Paige/Emma is still my favorite NXT match.

------------

As cold as this may sound in like of Paige's injury/retirement, I wonder what's going to happen to Deville/Rose. I know the WWE is high on both, hence pairing them with Paige but neither is really ready to go on as neither have a character that connect with the fans yet. The are three scenarios:

I would love to see the WWE bring back Emma and have her replace Paige as leader of Absolution, with Paige taking on a "JJ Dillon" role.
    I think given her role in the women's revolution that it's not cold to mention Deville and Rose. It's a very real concern and is probably running through Paige's mind.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Really sucks for Paige, and it shows just how much they think of her after everything she's been through and acting out against the company. They also should not have rushed her back.

Too bad that it was so close to the rumble match.

My guess is we'll still see plenty of her on TV in non wrestling roles. She is very good on the mic. She could be a good manager if she wants to go in that direction. I think she sticks with Absolution in a valet/manager role as Deville and Rose still need her mic skills to put them over

Quote Originally Posted by ReJo
    My guess is we'll still see plenty of her on TV in non wrestling roles. She is very good on the mic. She could be a good manager if she wants to go in that direction. I think she sticks with Absolution in a valet/manager role as Deville and Rose still need her mic skills to put them over
    That's what I'm hoping they do.

It would have been better if they made her 2 sidekicks turn on her and then they can get all the heat for retiring her.

I think this gives WWE the out to release Paige when her contract is over which is probably something they wanted to do anyway after her multiple wellness violations and all the **** her former boyfriend stirred up about Triple H.

It sucks because she is really talented but I'm sure she'll do really well on the UK independent scene because she is beloved among marks. Sasha has to be more careful in the ring too.

Not the same type of injury, but it gave me flashbacks of watching the infamous Dynamite Kid injury at a house show. It's a dangerous business and at any moment your career can end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper
    Not the same type of injury, but it gave me flashbacks of watching the infamous Dynamite Kid injury at a house show. It's a dangerous business and at any moment your career can end.
    Sobering reality! And the fact it can happen at house shows drives home the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think this gives WWE the out to release Paige when her contract is over which is probably something they wanted to do anyway after her multiple wellness violations and all the **** her former boyfriend stirred up about Triple H.

It sucks because she is really talented but I'm sure she'll do really well on the UK independent scene because she is beloved among marks. Sasha has to be more careful in the ring too.
    Del Rio is already sucking up to come back to WWE once his Impact contract runs out.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12