Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Chiefs to start Patrick Mahomes

What do you think? Iím really exited to see him and how he does.

He looked fun during preseason. I expect him to play loose since the game doesn't matter, take some chances and have a good time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Fast View Post
    What do you think? Iím really exited to see him and how he does.
    Maybe he'll start the playoff game too. Remember Buffalo's last playoff team?

I think Denver will have their way with him.

Interesting. I'll have to tune into the chiefs on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

If he does well, it's the end of Alex Smith in Kansas City.

Sucks for Alex, too, because the Broncos defense has obviously quit.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

Week 17 with an unproven qb on a team that's going into the playoffs= end of alex smith? I think that's a bit short sighted. If they didn't have confidence in smith they would of benched him during their losing streak.

Kansas city is built for cold weather playoff games which is what they will be in the afc.... I honestly could see them winning a few games in the playoffs.

Patrick might be a gunslinger that is detrimental to a team that is in a win now mode built upon a strong defense and running game...

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

Doubt it means the end. As the guy above me said, KC is locked into the 4 seed. Nothing to play for so why not give Mahomes a game and see what heís got. Get his feet wet. Still got the playoffs after that.

If KC were fighting for seed, out of the playoffs, or something similar I would be more inclined to agree with you.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Week 17 with an unproven qb on a team that's going into the playoffs= end of alex smith? I think that's a bit short sighted. If they didn't have confidence in smith they would of benched him during their losing streak.

Kansas city is built for cold weather playoff games which is what they will be in the afc.... I honestly could see them winning a few games in the playoffs.

Patrick might be a gunslinger that is detrimental to a team that is in a win now mode built upon a strong defense and running game...
    This is much more about Alex Smith's contract than anything else.

Benching him during the Chiefs' losing streak would have been dumb, because Mahomes is very raw, plus Smith's struggles were more due to lack of a running game. This also goes the other way around, too; he is great when the running game is working.

If Mahomes shows you anything in this test game, then it's the end of the line for Smith. Again, the decision isn't Smith or Mahomes, it's extend or release Alex Smith. I doubt they pay him his 2018 salary when they've got a promising young QB waiting in line. Mahomes will also be helped by a second offseason with the team if he does end up starting next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post

Thatís not entirely true. Our defense has really struggled this year. They arenít horrible but they arenít too 5 like last couple of seasons. This is an offensive team. Good run game. The passing game is there if they have a qb thatís willing to go down field. Chiefs have the best tight end in the game and the fastest wr in the game. This isnít the chiefs of the past.

Regardless of how you slice it, this is the last year Smith is in KC.

Not capable? Please, I'm BDN homie..

I saw a few plays here and there and the guy flashed some nice throws. I didn't focus on that game, so I don't know how he did otherwise.

As predicted:

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Regardless of how you slice it, this is the last year Smith is in KC.
    Somebody is gonna get a good QB. Washington, maybe Arizona or the Bills. But will they be better then KC of this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I saw a few plays here and there and the guy flashed some nice throws. I didn't focus on that game, so I don't know how he did otherwise.
    I didn't see entire game either but he looked good from what I saw. He made some great throws.