Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    That's just about any Minny sports team. Every once in a while they surprise us though. I honestly don't know what to expect this year especially with the assumption that the Vikings will have to face a Panthers team that already beat them.

I just caution getting too excited about individual players' performances. Not the least of which should Pat Shurmur leave.
    A Panthers team that beat us in Carolina on an off day... It's a different story in Minneapolis... That place gets LOUD AS HELL. The Panthers aren't ready for that.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    If by Carolina you mean Buffalo and Tennessee, then I agree.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Sorry. I didn't realize Buffalo and Tennessee were in the NFC. My bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    If by Carolina you mean Buffalo and Tennessee, then I agree.

Unless he edited after your comment, he said the NFC playoffs. You are correct though, the AFC is much weaker than the NFC this year.

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Yeah, I've been active in the Wolves forum here since '08. Unfortunately, the Wolves appear to have a playoff team but not a contender (as far as my assessment). They are capped out and Wiggins does not appear as if he will reach the potential of his physical attributes. I anticipate them being the Raptors of the West (perennial also-rans) and Thibs' minutes overload to create nagging fatigue injuries.
    Ugh, stupid wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Unless he edited after your comment, he said the NFC playoffs. You are correct though, the AFC is much weaker than the NFC this year.
    I did not. He just can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by akytola View Post
    A Panthers team that beat us in Carolina on an off day... It's a different story in Minneapolis... That place gets LOUD AS HELL. The Panthers aren't ready for that.
    The Vikings have seemed in recent years to have trouble with mobile quarterbacks. Admittedly, I did not see the Carolina game - moved to Florida and refuse to sign up for Direct TV, but we're still talking about what? An 11-5 team? And one that not only beat the Vikings on a given Sunday, but also picked off Keenum for 2 of his 7 interceptions on the year.

The Panthers who made the Superbowl a couple years ago aren't ready for a loud stadium? Not sure about that.

The Panthers suck. Us losing to them was a fluke. Also, you should sign up for DirecTV. All other TV providers are hot garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    The Panthers suck. Us losing to them was a fluke. Also, you should sign up for DirecTV. All other TV providers are hot garbage.

don't mince words, man...tell us what you REALLY think
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

You should really cut the cord. I have been watching hi def football for free all year.

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    You should really cut the cord. I have been watching hi def football for free all year.

Tried it for the past year while I was living in an apartment. Wasn't a fan. Didn't like being 30 seconds behind during live sports. Something that simple bothered the **** out of me. Much easier to just turn the TV onto whatever channel and it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post

Tried it for the past year while I was living in an apartment. Wasn't a fan. Didn't like being 30 seconds behind during live sports. Something that simple bothered the **** out of me. Much easier to just turn the TV onto whatever channel and it's there.

I have watched the games on my laptop for the last 8 years or so. It started where I couldnt even read the numbers on the screen to finding HD streams that never cut out. I cant imagine what having a cable/dish provider would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I have watched the games on my laptop for the last 8 years or so. It started where I couldnt even read the numbers on the screen to finding HD streams that never cut out. I cant imagine what having a cable/dish provider would be like.
    well then you need a Google Cast so you can throw whatever's on your laptop screen to your TV

yeah, I keep 'threatening' to cut cable, just never quite get to it....finding NFL games easily now is cake, but what do you do for Twins games? mlbtv I'm 'in market' even tho I'm 500 miles away...I suppose there's the virtual IP thing

I can't cut the cord yet...I'm too stuck in my ways with convenience! I use Kodi for some things but that just seems to flaky lately. Also, my internet through Mediacom can be hit and miss. We have a newer company come into the area that offers fiber that I will probably end up switching to.

But I love NFL Sunday Ticket with DirecTV. I setup an HD projector in my garage (on a painted wall). The screen size is 8 ft high by 13 ft wide lol. I'll watch the main Vikes game but also use the 8 games at once channel. I can't remember for sure but I measured what one of the screens was and it was like 8 50" TV's lol.

8 by 13 ft? Do you sit across the street in the neighbor's driveway?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    8 by 13 ft? Do you sit across the street in the neighbor's driveway?
    lol I got my chairs setup about 25 feet away. Makes for the perfect viewing experience! Surround sound is setup behind me. The garage is my man cave since my basement isn't finished in the house. Got a heater installed a few months ago so I can enjoy the game at a nice 70 degrees. The best part is there are 4 neighbors on my street that are big Viking fans as well so we have get together's often.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast