180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Not sure what's noteworthy about Higbee. Whitworth, Woods, Watkins and Kupp were good additions. How many players of impact does the average team add in one year? Speaking of the Eagles, that would be Jeffery, Darby, Robinson, Ajayi, Blount, Long, Foles. (7)

The Rams aren't just the offense, they also have a very good defense and arguably the best special teams in the league. Those were obviously assembled by Fisher. The most important player on offense, Gurley, is a Fisher pick, too. I remember some people laughed at the pick when it was made.
    Higbee is a solid young tight end. Nothing sexy but he's a solid starter they found in the 4th round. I just don't think it's fair to say McVay is winning with Fischers players but then say Pederson is doing it with his own guys. Pederson is only in his second season so a lot of these guys are still Chip Kelly players. McVay and Pederson are, more or less, in the same boat.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Well let's see here. Since the AFL/NFL merger, there have been at least 26 active NFL teams. 47 seasons. You're looking at well over 1,000 different teams. And that isn't even counting the seasons prior to the merger. On average happens about once every 2 years. Pretty obvious it's a difficult to pull off.
    47 seasons means 47 teams with the #1 scoring offense. 27 of those 47 also had a Top 10 scoring offense. Which is over 50%.

...is there anybody in here debating this besides Eagles fans? lol
    I'd vote McVay for the record lol.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

Higbee is a solid young tight end. Nothing sexy but he's a solid starter they found in the 4th round. I just don't think it's fair to say McVay is winning with Fischers players but then say Pederson is doing it with his own guys. Pederson is only in his second season so a lot of these guys are still Chip Kelly players. McVay and Pederson are, more or less, in the same boat.
    I don't think anybody is giving Pederson credit for the players he has on his team.

Why should McVay?

Of course it's a big turnaround from 2016 Rams to 2017 Rams. But it's still mostly the same players. So it speaks to the job McVay has done (and Wade Phillips). All that BDawk and I are saying is that Rams team had a lot of talent to begin with. In my opinion, their success shouldn't come as that much of a surprise. I'm more surprised by the Eagles winning 13 or 14 games.

I don't think anybody is giving Pederson credit for the players he has on his team.

Why should McVay?

Of course it's a big turnaround from 2016 Rams to 2017 Rams. But it's still mostly the same players. So it speaks to the job McVay has done (and Wade Phillips). All that BDawk and I are saying is that Rams team had a lot of talent to begin with. In my opinion, their success shouldn't come as that much of a surprise. I'm more surprised by the Eagles winning 13 or 14 games.
    The Eagles have a ton of talent to begin with as well. BDawk said McVay is doing it with Fischerís players but Pederson with his own and thatís just not true. Ertz, Lane Johnson, Graham, Cox, Jenkins and so on. Itís surprising when any team wins 13 or 14. Nobody (besides maybe a Patriots fan) will expect that. I knew the Vikings were good but if you told me in August we would be 12-3 right now I wouldnít have believed you.

If you want to be impressed by building with your own players then you have to be just as impressed with Zimmer too. Every defensive starter he has had for at least 2 years. 6 of 11 on offense.

Personally I donít really care or think it matters how you got your players. Iím not sure why that was even mentioned in the first place because it shouldnít boost or discredit a coach.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Dumbest award in football. For some reason you have to have some sort of turnaround to argue your case. I can't stand Bill Belichick but the fact that he only won the award three times is a travesty. He's the best coach in football every damn season. Whether Brady's suspended or injured they still win. There's a constant turnover of defensive players. Just wins year in and year out. He's so good that people don't like giving him the award.

To show you how stupid the award is since 2000 (first year in NE) a bunch of guys have won the award. The only award winner that actually has a SB next to his name as a hc not named Bill Belichick is Sean Payton. I'm not talking about winning the SB the same season as the award, I'm talking about any point in time.
    Last edited by fingerbang; 12-28-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

The Eagles have a ton of talent to begin with as well. BDawk said McVay is doing it with Fischerís players but Pederson with his own and thatís just not true. Ertz, Lane Johnson, Graham, Cox, Jenkins and so on. Itís surprising when any team wins 13 or 14. Nobody (besides maybe a Patriots fan) will expect that. I knew the Vikings were good but if you told me in August we would be 12-3 right now I wouldnít have believed you.

If you want to be impressed by building with your own players then you have to be just as impressed with Zimmer too. Every defensive starter he has had for at least 2 years. 6 of 11 on offense.

Personally I donít really care or think it matters how you got your players. Iím not sure why that was even mentioned in the first place because it shouldnít boost or discredit a coach.
    My point is that building a team shouldn't factor into the award. You brought that up with McVay.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Eagles offense looked bad in 1 game with Foles in cold conditions and extreme wind gusts. Minnys offense looked equally as bad against GB.

Foles looked great against NY and good against STL in a quarter and a half.

For me itís a 3 man race with McVay, Pederson, and Zimmer. Still feel what Pederson has done is more impressive given heís done it with his guys, rather than McVay who is operating with Fischerís players for the most part.

Funny that the playoffs will consist of 3 former Fischer QBs that he was unable to do anything with: Foles, Goff, and Keenum.
    My point is that building a team shouldn't factor into the award. You brought that up with McVay.
    I did not bring it up, Bdawk did. Iím agreeing it shouldnít matter into the award.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

This award should be given out just before or after the SB. If Pederson or Zimmer get there with backups then who is the real COTY? It's a easy decision at that point. Same for Mccvay . If he just gets there he's the COTY. It way take away from a coach who doesn't make the playoffs but how many coaches win it without making it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    This award should be given out just before or after the SB. If Pederson or Zimmer get there with backups then who is the real COTY? It's a easy decision at that point. Same for Mccvay . If he just gets there he's the COTY. It way take away from a coach who doesn't make the playoffs but how many coaches win it without making it anyway.
    I've always felt that awards should extend into the postseason because that's where the real value is imo.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Agreed.

Thing with Zimmer though, their backups, both Sam and Case are far better than their starter in Bridgewater. Still hope if Philly does t, Sam finds an opportunity to get back in. Watching him in week 1 was glorious, if healthy, no contest who the best qb in Minny is.

If the bills win sunday they will likely make the playoffs while accumulating draft picks and selling off all of their talent. The chargers game seems to be the killer of his chances to win it but damn... It could be argued the bills have less overall talent than the browns.

with the Bills getting in i think McDermott now has a strong case. He coached a team that the GM actively tried to tank with and still made it in.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast