Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    By a clearly unanimous vote it is clear that Billy B is the winner

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pederson McVay or Zimmer. All very deserving.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It has to be McVay over Pederson. Last year the Eagles had a positive Point differential. They’ve improved by 6 games. The Rams had a negative differential and were one of both the worst defensive and offensive teams in the league and have improved by 7 games.

Additionally, more people expected the Eagles to do good this year compared to the Rams.

McVay easily for me as well

Biased, but I think Pederson deserves it.

No doubt that McVay will win it though.

It shouldn't be understated either that Jeff Fisher built that team, specifically the defense, special teams and the most important player on offense: Todd Gurley. Fisher just couldn't get much out of that team. He was right though when he said on Hard Knocks that the team was too talented to go 7-9 or 8-8... I've had the Rams as my dark horse to win the division because of that. (And because I thought Seattle was on an obvious decline.)

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Not to take away from Peterson or the Eagles, but people kinda expected better out of them and the progression overall of the team.

The Rams were not expected to do this at all. They were bound to be last or next to last in the West. Instead they are fighting for the 1 seed.

Their GM (name is escaping me, Les Snead I think?) should be GM of the year. Signing Whitworth and Woods, Traded for Watkins. Drafted Cooper Kupp. Will be close with the Saints GM though.
    Out of curiosity, who was picking the Eagles to make the playoffs? Dallas was picked by most of the experts, the Giants were supposed to be good, and Wentz was the 4th best QB in the NFC East...remember? That said, McVay is my pick, but let's not pretend that a lot of people thought the Eagles would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Out of curiosity, who was picking the Eagles to make the playoffs? Dallas was picked by most of the experts, the Giants were supposed to be good, and Wentz was the 4th best QB in the NFC East...remember? That said, McVay is my pick, but let's not pretend that a lot of people thought the Eagles would be good.
    I thought they could have been a possible WC team.

PROCESSING

I thought they could have been a possible WC team.
    Really? I know I felt this way, but I'm an eagles fan and watched every game last year to know that they were much better than their record indicated and just even a small bit of progression from Wentz could help them win more games (he had huge progression). Most non eagles fans I saw, had the eagles as the 3rd best team in the nfc east (behind cowboys and giants) and some even had the eagles behind the redskins too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Bill will probably never win the award again... it’s pretty much the “2nd best COY” award every year because everyone pretty much knows Bill is the coach who by far makes the most impact on the game...

Would be kind of cool if they named the award after him actually
    Belichick might have a chance to win it again once he leads a team without Brady to the Super Bowl.

Their GM (name is escaping me, Les Snead I think?) should be GM of the year. Signing Whitworth and Woods, Traded for Watkins. Drafted Cooper Kupp. Will be close with the Saints GM though.
    That same GM drafted Greg Robinson 2nd overall though -- the guy that had to be replaced with Andrew Whitworth. Snead was GM under Fisher and never cared much about the WR position. For those additions I would clearly credit McVay.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Belichick might have a chance to win it again once he leads a team without Brady to the Super Bowl.
    ...or doesn't cheat.

Here’s what I’ll say about the injuries thing:
    Wentz- that sucks but you have a good backup
    Sproles- he was part of a stable of running backs and I think his lose is over played.
    Hicks- really darn good but same as Sproles.
    Peters- I was reading articles on his declining play and Big V has been getting help. Not a hard choice to make.
    Maragos- literally had to google who that was. Overcoming an injury to a 5th safety and core ST player isn’t that big.
    Sturgis- hey that Elliott guy is pretty good. Not like you’ve been working around a bad kicker all season.

And this is where you put yourself in a catch-22 by saying “keeping them afloat”. Either your team isn’t that good and are bound for a let down OR they are really good and it’s more about the players.

I think it’s more about the players and the job Howie Roseman has done putting together the right combination of players.
    Wentz to Foles is a big downgrade. We're talking MVP caliber QB to a guy on the starter/backup bubble. Wentz's playmaking ability has been noticeably absent the last two weeks already. Also his threat to run. Foles has certain tendencies that DCs didn't take long to notice after the Giants game, specifically his reliance on passes over the middle of the field as opposed to outside the numbers, and how he favors the right side over the left. Foles does have a good deep ball, but he hasn't been able to connect with it so far.

People expected Peters to decline since the beginning of last season, but the point is -- he really hasn't. Obviously he is no longer in his prime but he's still a Top 10 LT in the league. Vaitai is more like the 30-40th best LT. The loss of Peters didn't matter as much since we've mostly played opponents with only one top pass rusher since then, and that pass rusher usually was on Lane Johnson's side. If we face a team with two good or better edge rushers though, Peters' absence will be much more noticeable.

Hicks has mostly been replaced by Bradham and Kendricks stepping up their game, and Jenkins replacing him in pass coverage. But that still limits us schematically, and Hicks was better at covering TEs than Jenkins is. He also had a knack for underneath coverage, which is how some teams have hurt us. Neither would he have dropped as many interceptions as Bradham does.

Sproles' absence didn't hurt us much when Wentz was playing, because he excelled on 3rd down all on his own, but now with Foles it does.

The loss of Maragos and Sproles loss also factored into our special teams taking a step back; from great to good/average. We had to bring Bryan Braman back to address that and since then (2nd Giants game), teams is pretty special again (blocked punt, FG and XP).

Sturgis' injury indeed was a non-factor.

That same GM drafted Greg Robinson 2nd overall though -- the guy that had to be replaced with Andrew Whitworth. Snead was GM under Fisher and never cared much about the WR position. For those additions I would clearly credit McVay.
    Executive of the year is about this year only so that doesn't matter.

PROCESSING

Executive of the year is about this year only so that doesn't matter.
    It does if one reason for why he should win is fixing one of his own huge mistakes.

It does if one reason for why he should win is fixing one of his own huge mistakes.
    So my disagreement with this take is that then you really only end up with rookie coaches and rookie gm's being the ones without mistakes to correct. Just because he made a mistake in the past doesn't mean he didn't do a great job this year. Heck some could point to Loomis blowing a few drafts and he shouldn't be executive of the year.

This just leads to a slippery slope to exclude guys because of something that happened before.

Using that logic Bill Belichick should never be COTY because of what happened in Cleveland.

PROCESSING

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast