Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Sure but that doesn't make them bad players either. Shady, Benjamin, Incognito, Williams, Hyde and White are pretty good players. No one is going to be overly impressed but with some good coaching (like they got this year) they could sneak into the playoffs like they did. If he took a roster like the Colts or Browns to a 9-7 and the playoffs then we have a real discussion.
    Incognito was in danger of being cut at one point this year... I think you're confusing a year or two ago when he was good.

Benjamin was only on the team 6 games, is likely still hurt, and got like 217 yards and a TD. Between Buffalo and Carolina he was averaging like 34 yards a game this year. He's a bit overrated. We'll see how he does next year.

Hyde's alright (so is EJ Gaines) but it wouldn't be too hard to upgrade those guys. Same with Williams. I mean the Bills had to give Dareus away and he's probably better than Williams.

In terms of rankings, Buffalo's D came in right behind Chicago and right ahead of Cleveland at #15.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Other playoff teams?
    Jags - 1
    Vikes - 2
    Eagles - 5
    Rams - 6
    Panthers - 7
    Saints - 8
    Steelers - 9
    Titans - 21
    Falcons - 22
    Chiefs - 30
    Pats - 31

So bottom half defensively of the playoff teams. Could upgrade most positions off the Jags/Vikes/Eagles. Shady is probably the only guy who you can't find a clear upgrade on another playoff team for. Surely you'd take a young guy like Kamara over him long term though.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I don't think Zimmer deserves as much credit as he's getting for the offense's turnaround. For one, he's a defensive coach so I don't think his input made the offense substantially better in his 4th year as HC of the team. IIRC, Shurmur's impact last year was evident after Turner left. This year, it's been Shurmur's work with Keenum that has made the Vikings the 2nd seed and possibly SB favorites due to their home field advantage (I'm fully expecting the Eagles to lose if Foles doesn't improve significantly). It's not just the fact that Keenum was the backup, or that he would've been 3rd string had Bridgewater been healthy. Keenum's had substantial playing time in the league and even played under Bill O'Brien, a supposed-QB whisperer. That Shurmur was able to get such a season out of Keenum this year is outstanding.

Obviously, it's a moot point bc Shurmur isn't going to get that level of credit, so I think McVay is the winner. Like Shurmur, what he's done for the Rams offense is incredible, especially considering that they're starting the Bills' discarded WRs.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

I guess McVay didn't do a very good job last night.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The Bills weren't tanking. Neither head coach nor GM ever openly stated they were tanking. McDermott even said that that public assumption of them tanking served as motivation for the team.

White made Darby redundant, which must have been evident in training camp. They've got another starting CB from the Watkins trade. That trade in turn one basically replaced one WR on IR with another WR on IR. Ragland was a bad Rex Ryan pick from the beginning; a two-down LB in today's NFL. He's actively made the Chiefs front 7 worse. Pretty much the only tanking trade was getting rid of Dareus/his guaranteed salary. But then what tanking team would trade picks for Kelvin Benjamin?

I get that fans either want a QB to be a franchise QB or trash. But who ever said Taylor was "so bad"? It's possible to just be a competent NFL QB.
    Taylor sucks man.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Mike Zimmer should be the coach of the year with McVay likely coming in second. Please tell me another coach who could lead their team to a 13-3 record with their 3rd string QB and backup RB's?
    Keenum is still better than fraud Goff which was also evident when both were on the same roster.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    This isn't the thread to have this discussion but Teddy was far from brutal. Sure, I'll agree he was not a stud but he was above average with limited talent around him in an offense that simply failed. No doubt in my mind that had he stayed healthy he would be putting up the same kind of stats as Case.
    Teddy above average? When was Teddy above average since entering the NFL?

Coach of The Year goes to...Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I think Jim Schwartz > Doug Pederson in terms of impact to the team.
    You'd be absolutely wrong. Peterson has proven himself to be a good coach. They each do their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Finesser View Post
    Coach of The Year goes to...Sean Payton
    you realize its a regular season award right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Payton did pretty well in the regular season too though. No one expected the Saints in the post season... well no one expected the Rams, Eagles, Jaguars, Bills, or Titans either lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Payton did pretty well in the regular season too though. No one expected the Saints in the post season... well no one expected the Rams, Eagles, Jaguars, Bills, or Titans either lol.
    I did expect the Saints, Rams, Bills and Titans to do well. Jaguars are definitely a surprise though. I also thought Kizer would do better than he did.

I did expect the Saints, Rams, Bills and Titans to do well. Jaguars are definitely a surprise though. I also thought Kizer would do better than he did.
    Well enough to all be playoff bound?

The only one on that list that wouldn't have surprised me was the Titans. I guess maybe the Rams because of the guru whom is McVay.

A think this season has a lot more to do with missed expectations (good/bad) and injuries more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well enough to all be playoff bound?

The only one on that list that wouldn't have surprised me was the Titans. I guess maybe the Rams because of the guru whom is McVay.

A think this season has a lot more to do with missed expectations (good/bad) and injuries more than anything.
    Here's what I wrote before the season: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...9#post31839169

I expected the Rams to take a big step forward, but didn't see them winning the NFC West until a few weeks into the season. I also didn't see three NFC South teams with 10+ wins.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-08-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Yes I do, the saints werenít looked at as a top team to begin the year. They started out 0-2 and looked like a disaster but then they got rid of Adrian Peterson and thinks Started clicking. Splitting the plays between Kamara and Ingram was smart and Dree Brees somehow is getting better with age. The defense is very good to, Lattimore is already a top corner and itís only been one season. Rams head coach could take it also, but I think Payton should get it. Just my opinion

You thought the saints would be this good??? You must be able to look into the future.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast