Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What Is the point of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    To demonstrate that you shouldn't talk about football if you don't actually watch football. At least that is what I am getting out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    To demonstrate that you shouldn't talk about football if you don't actually watch football. At least that is what I am getting out of it.
    Yah man ... I think there's no comparison between the 2.

I had a love hate relationship with Kaep, but I still will defend him only b/c he did more for the 49ers than any QB in the last 20 years. (that includes Young in those three years).

This is no comparison. Garoppolo shows features of Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. Everyone can see it, and now the entire NFL can see it, b/c he's spilled into the national media spotlight.

But Kaep won 4 playoff games, 3 of which were on the road, two NFC Championship games, and 300 yards in a Superbowl. So let's not just casually forget what he did despite having a loaded team. There are tons of "loaded teams" that didn't do squat.

Jimmy G has anything but a loaded team and isn't losing...
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I had a love hate relationship with Kaep, but I still will defend him only b/c he did more for the 49ers than any QB in the last 20 years. (that includes Young in those three years).

This is no comparison. Garoppolo shows features of Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. Everyone can see it, and now the entire NFL can see it, b/c he's spilled into the national media spotlight.

But Kaep won 4 playoff games, 3 of which were on the road, two NFC Championship games, and 300 yards in a Superbowl. So let's not just casually forget gwhat he did despite having a loaded team. There are tons of "loaded teams" that didn't do squat.

Jimmy G has anything but a loaded team and isn't losing...
    Two NFC Championship games?

Edit: Sorry this read as won two NFCC games.

To the rest, Kaps 2012 season and beyond to me is alot like Dontae Johnson's game against Jacksonville. One big shining moment and then a whole lot of downhill after.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 12-28-2017 at 05:11 PM.

I understand Montana fans hating Young.
    But Kaep over Steve Young? Címon...

In the Jags GT thread he was gawking about why do we praise Jimmy when we just root for him, and I mentioned how he went ****ing ape over Kaep is next Montana (in here) and BOOM lolphillies created this thread....nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    It's obvious that you haven't actually watched Garoppolo.
    I mentioned in the OP I haven't lol.

But even if I had watched every game, that doesn't mean I know what to look for, or what i'm looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiga775 View Post
    I think he's just scared to get excited about Garopplo, and he's assuming this high will come to end.

Personally, even though it has only been 5 games, I believe Jimmy is a Top 10 QB. I couldn't name 10 quarterbacks that I'd rather have. He just has that "it" factor and he is only going to get better. It will be fun to watch him with a legit #1 receiver.
    nailed it.

And wow. top 10 QB already? Based on the "it" factor? Something tells me if I waltzed into the NFL main saying that I would get crucified lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeWalker View Post
    Kaep didnít ďreadĒ defenses. He threw ball 100mph every time. I donít see how you can compare the two.
    I honestly think the last time Iíve seen some competent quarterback play was Jeff Garcia. Even Alex Smith couldnít march down the field with 1 minute to score.
    Kappy (Hi WSG) was never good at reading defenses or progressions. Jimmie doesn't seem to have that problem at all, though I have barely watched him.

You are ready to say Jimmie is better than Alex Smith and our best QB since Garcia with confidence?

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    The question is fine, if we ignore the fact there are ways to watch alot of footage from games past, especially when he's like THE hot topic in football right now. Not to mention the multiple references/threads about Kap/hype/comparisons.
    he's a national topic already? Is this like the Kaepernick hype his first year? (magnitude wise).

I haven't paid attention to national football media since our season with Tomsula, for what I would say obvious reasons, so I have no clue what's a "hot topic" lol. Kind of felt most of us where just hoping this season would get over with so we can move on since the second or third week. It's easy to do since the Warriors are in the middle of a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Two NFC Championship games?

Edit: Sorry this read as won two NFCC games.

To the rest, Kaps 2012 season and beyond to me is alot like Dontae Johnson's game against Jacksonville. One big shining moment and then a whole lot of downhill after.
    I'd say a full season plus a deep playoff run is more than one shining moment.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    he's a national topic already? Is this like the Kaepernick hype his first year? (magnitude wise).

I haven't paid attention to national football media since our season with Tomsula, for what I would say obvious reasons, so I have no clue what's a "hot topic" lol. Kind of felt most of us where just hoping this season would get over with so we can move on since the second or third week. It's easy to do since the Warriors are in the middle of a dynasty.
    Haha yes, I'd say he's a national topic. Honestly man, the internet is massive and so easy to use. You don't need our opinions. Stop trying to equate him to Kap.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    I'd say a full season plus a deep playoff run is more than one shining moment.
    In terms of a career it is.

let's see if I can simplify the request beyond what I thought was a pretty clear OP:

Kaepernick had an outrageous amount of hype about 3-5 games in. He didn't reach his potential.

Garropolo seems to (on this forum) have a similar excitement brewing, roughly about the same games in, with roughly the same (slightly better) stats thus far.

How do we (we being 9er nation) know Garropolo is the real deal? Most of us here though CK7 was the real deal. How do we know we won't make the same mistake with Garropolo?

And yes, as it's been said a few times, I haven't seen but one game of his, and it wasn't the whole game.

If that isn't clear, I just don't know how to simplify it further.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast