Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Good luck getting him to check himself. He’ll never look at anything that has a remote possibility of infringing on stuff he’s already decided to believe. He’ll use this eternal “science can be manipulated” deflection without ever addressing how or investigating the difference between what is or isn’t manipulated—particularly if his own sources (that he neither reads or fact checks) is involved. He’s terrified of the evaluation and peer review actual science represents—for obvious reasons.
    I actually believe he’s Russian. If I’m honest

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...022420992?s=17

Yes, he actually tweeted this. No one can convince me we aren’t in imminent danger every second this guy spends in the White House. He has severe mental problems and his condition seems to be getting worse rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Trump's appointed a lot. We heard about the one that couldn't answer basic legal questions and had to withdraw, but there were less extreme (but still unqualified) examples that have been confirmed by the Senate.

Trump just seems allergic to competence.

Repubs also blocked most of Obama's appointments. So this false equivalency thing you're trying to float here just doesn't fly.
    blah blah blah

the numbers in both admins first year are the same... you are trying to equate the latter years of Obama when he didn't have the house and senate... that wasn't the case his first two years... he pushed whomever he wanted through those first four years... after that the rate was much slower...

guess what ... the same thing will happen when the Repubs likely lose both houses by 2020.

Again... the facts don't equal the narrative you are pushing

And again... give me one guy who was confirmed that was "unqualified"

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Leonard Grasz received an unqualified rating from the ABA and was appointed.
    one guy and I am sorry but read up on "why" and you will note it is all political because of his abortion stance.

I don't agree with Grasz at all on some of his view but to say he isn't qualified for the reasons the ABA did is laughable...

one of their contentions was that he is "rude"

Let's move this argument elsewhere; it's way off topic.

Here: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ay-Now/page300

Or here: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...inued)/page303

Meanwhile, at least six states have enacted trigger laws, and a majority of the counties in the US have no safe provider for abortion services due in large part to oppressive state regulations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aborti...tates_by_state

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    nuclear fall out? I am one of the elite... my place in the post apocalyptic world has been secured...
    But you will be here to protect us from the ruffians at the Warped Festival right? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Cherry-picked. Please provide the full context. Again chicken ****
    I used your words. I countered what you said about science with the people on the other side using science too.
    I have no interest into getting into a debate about the science behind abortion, I simply offered something from the other side.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    But you will be here to protect us from the ruffians at the Warped Festival right? Please?
    oooooh... who goes to the warped festival?

Isn't that like EDM?

Yuck

blah blah blah

the numbers in both admins first year are the same... you are trying to equate the latter years of Obama when he didn't have the house and senate... that wasn't the case his first two years... he pushed whomever he wanted through those first four years... after that the rate was much slower...

guess what ... the same thing will happen when the Repubs likely lose both houses by 2020.

Again... the facts don't equal the narrative you are pushing

And again... give me one guy who was confirmed that was "unqualified"
    What in God's name are you talking about? Obama was not unstable, he did not have mental problems, He didn't go waving his nuclear button around. He did not antagonize not only our enemies but also our allies like Trump has. You are trying desperately to create some false equivalency where none exists, I guess because it's easier to adopt some kind of cheesy bothsiderism than think critically. God knows what these "numbers" are you're referring to. Something completely irrelevant to my point no doubt.

Here's what our allies are saying about Trump: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...phic-Dangerous

What happens when they decide they need to bail on us? Even temporarily? Our enemies will be licking their chops.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    What in God's name are you talking about? Obama was not unstable, he did not have mental problems, He didn't go waving his nuclear powers around. He did not antagonize not only our enemies but also our allies like Trump has. You are trying desperately to create some false equivalency where none exists, I guess because it's easier to adopt some kind of cheesy bothsiderism than think critically. God knows what these "numbers" are you're referring to. Something completely irrelevant to my point no doubt.
    we are talking about judicial confirmations... you are implying that some imbalance is occurring under Trump... it isn't ... judges get pushed through rapidly when the president and senate are controlled by the same party...

nothing happening today is different than what happened between 2009-2012

my apologies though... I should have lowered my expectations of you to follow along with facts and reason...

that damn need to give people the benefit of the doubt strikes again! curses!

one guy and I am sorry but read up on "why" and you will note it is all political because of his abortion stance.

I don't agree with Grasz at all on some of his view but to say he isn't qualified for the reasons the ABA did is laughable...

one of their contentions was that he is "rude"
    So now you're moving the goalpost? First it was find me someone who was confirmed who was unqualified and now it's the unqualified rating doesn't matter?

Either you trust the Bar Association to render qualified or unqualified judgements or not, and if you don't, why even make it a point to ask who was unqualified and confirmed if them getting a rating of unqualified doesn't matter to you?

Second, trying to paint the ABA as some partisan organization against Trump and his nominees is more right wing mudslinging. They have given unqualified ratings to judicial nominees for every modern President and have rated 53 of Trump's 57 appointees as either qualified or well-qualified.

Third, attempting to belittle the reasons they list him as unqualified is more mudslinging, they did so for reasons beyond him simply being rude, such as:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/leonard...ed-okd-senate/

In written testimony to the Judiciary Committee, the evaluators explained that "a significant number" of Grasz's peers raised concerns that his strongly held social views and deeply rooted political allegiances "would make it impossible for him to have an unbiased and open mind on critical issues."

Hopefully we can all agree that not being able to render unbiased opinions based on the letter of the law because of your personal opinions is wrong, no matter whether current judges do it or not. It is wrong when a judge blocks Trump's travel ban because of their own ideology, and it's wrong when this guy does it for abortion and gay marriage.

we are talking about judicial confirmations... you are implying that some imbalance is occurring under Trump... it isn't ... judges get pushed through rapidly when the president and senate are controlled by the same party...

nothing happening today is different than what happened between 2009-2012

my apologies though... I should have lowered my expectations of you to follow along with facts and reason...

that damn need to give people the benefit of the doubt strikes again! curses!
    You have nothing to back up your assertions, are you really going to sit there and tell me that conservatives don't have a significant advantage in the federal courts?

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    oooooh... who goes to the warped festival?

Isn't that like EDM?

Yuck
    No Warped is punk.
    Did I have it wrong were you defending people at the Riot Fest? or did you already forget you made up the fabrication?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This from the “moderate” GOP presidential candidate.
    No such thing as a moderate conservative anymore. The ones that want you to believe it don't actually do anything to oppose it (see: Flake, Sasse, Graham, McCain, Graham, etc.) all almost entirely continue to do his bidding. Hell, look at Flake. He's getting heaps of praise for basically quitting and choosing not to fight against the things he claims to be opposed to. So brave! The Conservative Agenda is the predominant and unifying force in politics right now, even more than Trump. They might think he's volatile, crude or even just honest about the things they'd rather not be honest about, but none of them have seriously opposed him or even really oppose his policy wants. The healthcare vote is the one thing you can really point to, I guess, but they all folded on taxes and just about everything else too.

Hell, look at Rubio's comments on the tax bill he himself passed. He admitted it wasn't great and was way too generous to the mega rich while leaving the rest behind, but vote against it? Hell no! Of course not! He knows McCain is leaving soon and is all too ready to fill the created void of being a spineless politician who always will vote for things he says he doesn't like. Maverick!

Anywho...I see this has been off topic but I haven't been on in a while and just wanted to pop my head in and say John Kasich sucks. And if you aren't pro-choice you can not in good faith call yourself a progressive. I know many in the party and the DNC are eager to move the party more towards the center on women's reproductive rights, but we must fight against that and fight against those who do normalize the stances of "moderates" like Kasich.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    No such thing as a moderate conservative anymore. The ones that want you to believe it don't actually do anything to oppose it (see: Flake, Sasse, Graham, McCain, Graham, etc.) all almost entirely continue to do his bidding. Hell, look at Flake. He's getting heaps of praise for basically quitting and choosing not to fight against the things he claims to be opposed to. So brave! The Conservative Agenda is the predominant and unifying force in politics right now, even more than Trump. They might think he's volatile, crude or even just honest about the things they'd rather not be honest about, but none of them have seriously opposed him or even really oppose his policy wants. The healthcare vote is the one thing you can really point to, I guess, but they all folded on taxes and just about everything else too.

Hell, look at Rubio's comments on the tax bill he himself passed. He admitted it wasn't great and was way too generous to the mega rich while leaving the rest behind, but vote against it? Hell no! Of course not! He knows McCain is leaving soon and is all too ready to fill the created void of being a spineless politician who always will vote for things he says he doesn't like. Maverick!

Anywho...I see this has been off topic but I haven't been on in a while and just wanted to pop my head in and say John Kasich sucks. And if you aren't pro-choice you can not in good faith call yourself a progressive. I know many in the party and the DNC are eager to move the party more towards the center on women's reproductive rights, but we must fight against that and fight against those who do normalize the stances of "moderates" like Kasich.
    Democrats would be well served to see the unity of effort Republicans have achieved, if they want to try and win as Republicans have recently.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast