Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dolphins moved up a few spots. currently at pick #11. I can see 3 different teams winning next week and putting us into the top 10 if we lose to Buffalo again

we should be in position to legit land Arden Key

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I looked again and still see that he is only a $25,000 hit (post June 1) after the 2018 season. However, when I looked back I did notice as you said that he does carry a big cap number next year. So he may be gone after all. Not that we have great LB's, but there will be room to make changes and we have McMillan coming back at one spot. Depending on what kind of other changes we make this off season he could be gone or just a very expensive part-time player. I know he isn't great in pass coverage, but I just wish he would learn how to pursue consistently on run plays of short passes in front of him. He overruns the ball carrier causing him to miss tackles sometimes and you can't do that because it turns a stop into a big play.
    I like Chase Allen and McMillan going forward. Timmons apparently went downhill and lost playing time but I see him making plays, up until this week when I didn't see much of the game. But he may just not want to be here.
    No sure where you are getting the 25,000 number from, that is his workout bonus number though.

His dead cap hits if cut for the next two years are $13,125,000 and $3,500,000 the following year. Both haved if done as a post June 1st cut. His cap hits are $9,650,000 and $8,260,000.

Two things are going to happen. They cut him and post him a june 1st with him counting 6,562,500 on the 18' and 19' caps or keep him at his cap next year and then cut him in 2019 and have the hit of $3,500,000. You end up saving 25,000 if you just cut him next year but I just don't see that happing being Timmons will for sure and if you cut him your only returning LB is a injured rookie.

Yea kiko has a massive hit next year. Just like Branch does. But after that they're very easy to get out of. My comments about cutting him were more about how bad he is and that it would probably be worth just cutting him and eating the massive amount of money because he's easily the worst player on the starting defense. He should be used like Timmons is this year. 2 down LB and then out on passing downs. He just can't run anymore. That's why Smith from UGA is my fav pick in the first simply because he adds the speed we need from that unit.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Sorry. Mods delete please.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 12-26-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    No sure where you are getting the 25,000 number from, that is his workout bonus number though.

His dead cap hits if cut for the next two years are $13,125,000 and $3,500,000 the following year. Both haved if done as a post June 1st cut. His cap hits are $9,650,000 and $8,260,000.

Two things are going to happen. They cut him and post him a june 1st with him counting 6,562,500 on the 18' and 19' caps or keep him at his cap next year and then cut him in 2019 and have the hit of $3,500,000. You end up saving 25,000 if you just cut him next year but I just don't see that happing being Timmons will for sure and if you cut him your only returning LB is a injured rookie.
    I believe you because I have never seen dead cap of $25,000. I see it on overthecap.com when I go to 2018 post June 1. I would expect it to be more like the number you gave though. Do you see it? Am I reading it wrong or did they make a mistake on overthecap?
    Either way I would also expect him here next year. This is also only year 4 for him. Not that a LB usually takes a jump in year 4 but some improvement isn't impossible. He'll probably never be good vs the pass but maybe they can just get him to wrap up more and that will keep him from missing some tackles at least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12