Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I like to think stopping the run is a pure talent issue. Harder to scheme something that stops the run and pass.
    Itís also schemes and having the right defense out there. If you watched the game, you would have heard Tony Romo day a hundred times, the Bills have their small players out there because for some reason, they are still playing the pass.

Plus McDermott is totally unorganized. He now has a habit of either not sending enough people on the field or as we saw today, sending to many people out there.

Then look at the past two games and look at the play by play. Over 5 times, 3rd and 2 they call a 40 yard sideline bomb. Then when it is 2nd and 3rd and long, McDermott sends Tolbert on the field to run or catch a 2 yard pass. I know some of you love McDermott, but odds are he is a two year coach, not our future.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but next week if the Bills win against Miami (decent possibility), the Titans lose to Jax (also a decent possibility) and the Chargers beat the Raiders (likely) then wouldn't the Bills miss the playoffs solely because of their loss to the Chargers earlier this year? If so, how much worse would that decision to bench Tyrod look?
    We now need one of two things. Tennessee and LA both lose with the Bills winning. Or if LA wins, we definitely need Tennessee to win as well, so there is a three team tie, which Buffalo will then get in.

I think If Baltimore looses next week and the Bills, Titans, Chargers all win and the four are tied at 9-7, Buffalo gets the 5th seed.
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-24-2017 at 09:06 PM.

When I played football - too many men on the field or too few had nothing to do with the coach. It was players being unorganized. Not sure if it's different in the NFL with all the subs and depth but that was my experience.

That's what I was saying though. If you don't have the talent overall then you need to game plan to stop a specific element of the offense. If you have true talent then the only guy who should be switching around is your nickleback for a LB or DL. Some teams have the talent to just send their OLB to cover the slot. This team is not talented so you have to pick your poison. I'd be worrying about Brady on every down and hoping for the best against the run. Also keep in mind that McD doesn't call the plays on O. Still the issue of why isn't he putting a stop to what keeps happening but the blame needs to be shared.

In the NFL, the bills defense is on the sidelines, hearing the schemes, but the coaches are not communicating of whoís in or out. This has happened repeatedly this year and thatís on the coaches.

As for playcalling, Tolbert and DiMarco are on the field when the designed play is for them to catch the ball. Neither should be on the field receiving a catch. McDermott is definetly responsible for this, because this happens on 2nd down and there is no way that McDermott is giving Dennison the freedom to have McCoy sit on the bench on a second down play. Like I said, this happens repeatedly and itís all on McDermott. 3rd and 2, having Tyrod throw a 50 yard bomb, then on 3rd and long, running the ball, itís all McDermott in those situations. No way any head coach gives the OC the power to determine These important game day situations week after week.

The Bills havenít scored a touchdown in the 2nd half in five straight games. So what are the coaches talking about at half time? 5 straight weeks of the same lousy decision making is on the head coach.

Just remember what I have said for several weeks now. That after the first half of every game this year, McDermott coaches the team to lose not win. He goes into this Uber conservative shell and we have simply been lucky to hold onto leads in the second half to win the game. Whether we are winning or losing, the game plan in the second half has been pathetic. Tyrod and McCoy are not the ones packing it in, in the 2nd half of these games, itís the coach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12