Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bills vs Patriots game day thread.

Itís kinda depressing to see pretty much 99% off the fan base and media outlets throughout the NFL, giving the Bills no chance to win this game and saying the road to the playoffs depends on the bills beating the Dolphins week 17.

On the bright side, We beat KC and the Dolphins, who manhandled them on both sides of the ball, so we can still dream I guess.

As I said the first time they played, on Defense, The Bills can win this game if they blitz Brady all day long. He looses composure when the pressure is constant. The down side of doing that is that then the Bills have to stop the rush, which they destroyed us doing last game. Good news is, Burkhead is out, Bad News is, they still have plenty of running backs that we have trouble tackling.

On offense, Tyrod not playing the entire game injured, like he did the last time they played will help. McDermott needs to make Tolbert an inactive for this game. Tolbert has proven to be a waste of down every time he gets the ball. Against Brady, we donít have any downs to waste. I think they said Tolbert was 2 for the last 17 on 3rd and 4 th down conversions, with one of them being a fumble so scratch him. Cadet is always moving forward for plus yardage.

On special teams, we are glad at punting and FGs. But on returns, Tate hasnít fumbled, but wouldnít it be nice to see a kickoff return at some point. On punts, he stupidly fair catches the ball Well inside the 10 yard line, which makes no sense, because if he moves out of the way, at least there is a chance it goes in the end zone. If the other team downs it, our offense would still get it where he could have fair caught it, so it would be nice to see a little more production in that area.

As for coaching, we need something more out of McDermott than the Wildcat. The only wrinkle he has thrown into any game plan throughout the first 14 weeks has been the Wild Cat, in that one game against the Pats. We need more. As I said, bench Tolbert and play WR Brandon Reilly. Benjamin with a torn miniscus, being a decoy, fools nobody. We need non injured WRs in the game. Also, no more passes to Dimarco or Tolbert. These are not checkdowns that are Tyrodís decision. These are set plays. Both have proven incapable of catching passes out of the backfield.

We also need to see a shot gun offense. If we line Tyrod under center, game over. The Pats have proven the last game that their defensive line is way stronger than our offensive line. They were all man handled pathetically last game, causing lots of holding penalties. Shotgun offense is best. Tyrod can see the play unfold while he is watching it, rather than scrambling behind center, with the line immediately collapsing, having no time to watch a play or see a WR.

I'm gonna put some money down on this game. Not because I think we'll win, but because I think we have a better chance to win then the odds say.

From watching this team all year, I canít think of any circumstance that would allow us to believe we win in this game in foxborough against Tom Brady.

Hereís the deal, McCoy canít carry the team for 60 minutes. He needs help. That help comes from our WRs getting open and catching the ball.

Belichick will have his team prepared to stop McCoy and Clay, our only two offensive weapons. So what McDermott needs to do is figure out what other weapons can we find and take them by surprise.

First offensive possession. Great job being in shotgun offense.

Sadly Tolbert is playing and gets -2 on his carry. McDermott just doesnít want to realize Tolbert is a waste of down.

If that was Gronkowski, they would have called that a TD. But every week they have to take a TD away from the Pats opponents.

Good first half. McDermott is finally listening, by having Tyrod in shotgun all game long. Our weak line is minimized now.

I love the guts of McDermott going for it on 4-2, however, as even the announcers said, stupid move calling the same exact play that failed on 3rd and 2. As we saw late in the half, McDermott finally realized Benjamin is tall and he has to be the go to guy in that situation. Not clay who dropped his TD pass, throw the jump ball to kelvin all game long in the 2nd half.

That was a horrendous overturn. No indisputable evidence was there. Kelvin's back foot even left a faint but visible trail in the turf. What a joke of a call.

1934 ē 1938 ē 1961 ē 2010 ē 2013 ē 2015

And Tyrod/Dennison throw away a perfect opportunity after a great play by McCoy. Yeah we get the FG, but it should have been seven.

Watch, they'll overturn this for the Pats.

I love how on 4th and 1, Belichick throws the flag to review it, but the when Amandola is clearly a yard short of the first down, McDermott doesnít do anything. He has to throw that flag to make the next play 3rd and 1. Who care if they get it, the point is, u get the defense a time out and take Brady out of rythym. This is why McDermott gets all this criticism from me. He just isnít smart.

It shouldnít even have come to that Benjamin catch. Clay dropped the TD catch on the play before.

And can someone tell me why Tolbert is getting the ball on 2nd and long? Why McCoy, who can break on at anytime is on the sideline is just another knock on McDermott. Not to mention, on 3rd and 2, the play calling is a 40 yard sideline pass, yet on 3rd and 25, the play calling is a 5 yard pass. I just donít get it.

****ing Bills are such trash. Tyrod taking a fifteen yard sack?!?!!? THen handing off to Tolbert??!?!? WTF?!

In the end, if we canít stop the rush, weíre never going to win against these good teams. We simply cannot make a tackle.

Next week, Miami will not be an easy one. They will be fired up to knock us out as we knocked them out last week.

Correct me if I'm wrong but next week if the Bills win against Miami (decent possibility), the Titans lose to Jax (also a decent possibility) and the Chargers beat the Raiders (likely) then wouldn't the Bills miss the playoffs solely because of their loss to the Chargers earlier this year? If so, how much worse would that decision to bench Tyrod look?

I like to think stopping the run is a pure talent issue. Harder to scheme something that stops the run and pass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast