Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Why the hostility? If you don’t want to discuss or listen to possible trades maybe you shouldn’t be in a trade thread.

Also there is no guarantee the Mavs would want to resign Randle. This trade would be strictly o “kick the tires” on Randle. If he works out then obviously they would want to resign him however if he doesn’t fit the team they would absolutely let him walk. Also the fact is that no teams are wanting to help the Lakers have a shot at Labron so Nerlens might be the best offer the Lakers could get for Randle.

The most likely scenario is that neither player is traded and both become UFA this offseason (after the Lakers renounce his rights to free up the cap hold).
    What I was thinking probably happened was the mavs offered to do the deal straight up and the Lakers asked for a pick to be included and they could not agree, and both teams moved on...they could revisit it, but personally I don't think a deal happens here!

According to NBA insider Eric Pincus, the Lakers will target both DeMarcus Cousins and Paul George closer to the NBA Trade Deadline. “Plan A for the Lakers is still LeBron James. Having said that, at the deadline, the Lakers have two targets: Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins. I think George is more of a long shot since the Thunder seem to have figured things out over the last 10 games. However, the Pelicans are a different story because they’re just above .500. If they don’t climb the standings, they will be open to move Cousins,” Pincus said during the LakersNation Podcast. 2 days ago – via IBTimes

Clarkson, Randle, Zubac, future pick for Cousins?

(Another posters idea) send Kuzma, Deng for PG?

Sign Lebron in FA

Cousins
    Lebron
    Ingram
    PG
    Ball

I read on twitter Cousins may consider Mavs as a free agent. Not sure why. Dirk should retire. Matthews over paid. Barnes meh. Nothing exciting. Cuban should rebuild. Shocked Cousins wouldn't consider pairing with buddy Wall on Wizards if anything.

Do Wiz have the cap?

Without some magical moves I don’t think they do. Would me losing Gortat, Morris, and Porter if my math is correct.

Signing Porter to that deal who’s year cemented their place IMO. 3 max deals with a bad bench is touch to over come.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Without some magical moves I don’t think they do. Would me losing Gortat, Morris, and Porter if my math is correct.

Signing Porter to that deal who’s year cemented their place IMO. 3 max deals with a bad bench is touch to over come.
    Yea that would be very difficult, can’t see Cousins signing for anything less than the max also.

Cousins won't get traded this year. Pelicans are desperate to make the playoffs and they're actually playing good ball right now.

They’re .500 in the 8th spot 18-18. If they don’t improve their record and slip in the next month. I can see him beaing traded, instead of letting him walk. Pelicans would be wise to explore all options.

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Cousins won't get traded this year. Pelicans are desperate to make the playoffs and they're actually playing good ball right now.
    The only way I see it happening is if he tells the FO he has no intention of returning no matter the offer and NO (who would be over the cap if he walks anyways IIRC) decides they rather get something back for him than nothing.

I think if he says that and really forces his way out, if I were Washington's GM I would try something like:
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc5q4ab3

Throw in a 1st and a 2nd from Washington to New Orleans.

Washington:
    Wall - Frazier
    Beal - Allen
    Porter - Miller
    Morris - Scott
    Cousins - Smith

New Orleans
    Rondo - Nelson
    Holiday - Meeks
    Ourbe - Cunningham
    Davis - Hill
    Gortat - Ajinca

Man....New Orleans is very guard heavy aren't they? But I think both teams really benefit in that.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    If IT can come back and be IT, then I 100% don't want any part of PG. Cousins is the guy you have to go get. Of course if u can get AD instead you do it, but he is the only piece the Cavs are missing.

Wade
    Bron
    Green
    Love
    Cousins

They run this lineup and have zero weaknesses and can play any style and your bigger than everyone.
    That's a horrible defensive lineup and way too slow. Warriors and Celts run the Cavs out of the gym and bomb numerous 3s while the Cavs have 1 true 3 point shooter on the floor and mostly rely on half court basketball and the FT line.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I read on twitter Cousins may consider Mavs as a free agent. Not sure why. Dirk should retire. Matthews over paid. Barnes meh. Nothing exciting. Cuban should rebuild. Shocked Cousins wouldn't consider pairing with buddy Wall on Wizards if anything.
    He’d consider them because they are one of the few teams that can pay him and he’d be the focal point of the offense. Cousins/Barnes/Dennis Smith and a top 5 pick in this draft (Porter?) is not a bad core to have at all.

Personally I don’t want Cousins though. He’s super talented but also a perineal loser. I don’t know if it is because of his attitude or what but his teams always suck.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers squad View Post
    What I was thinking probably happened was the mavs offered to do the deal straight up and the Lakers asked for a pick to be included and they could not agree, and both teams moved on...they could revisit it, but personally I don't think a deal happens here!
    From what I read Nerlens hurting his thumb is what killed the trade. He should be healed by the deadline though so I’d expect these talks to pick up again. I doubt any trade happens but they will likely revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    That's a horrible defensive lineup and way too slow. Warriors and Celts run the Cavs out of the gym and bomb numerous 3s while the Cavs have 1 true 3 point shooter on the floor and mostly rely on half court basketball and the FT line.
    Agreed. They really need to see if they can shake Nerlens Noel free and get him to wave his NTC.

PROCESSING

If Memphis is committed to avoiding a rebuild, the move they should try to make happen is go after Faried and take a flier on him. They are a horrible rebounding team.

Then do everything possible to get a scorer like Trae Young in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    If Memphis is committed to avoiding a rebuild, the move they should try to make happen is go after Faried and take a flier on him. They are a horrible rebounding team.

Then do everything possible to get a scorer like Trae Young in the draft.
    The Grizzlies would have a hard time taking on Faried's deal. They got three guys making over $20M per. Doubt anyone takes on Parsons. Not many other salaries to match for Faried's either. Green is only guy close to Faried's salary. Not sure they deal him.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast