Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yankees back to dominance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yankees back to dominance

It a constant cycle with them, their literally the only franchise that will build some sort of dynasty after some time passes by when they don’t win as much and eventually rebuild a great team. Obviously the amounts they can spend helps.

Still early in the offseason but I don't look at the Yankees depth chart and think anything more than "quality team that should contend for the playoffs". Dominance is far from the first word that comes to mind.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/team/...hart/?c_id=nyy

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They will be the late 90’s Yankees

At some point that's certainly possible but the currently constructed squad doesn't strike me as what you are describing.

Yeah even as a fan I don’t see dominance. I think I’d describe them as more “legit WS contender” than I would “solid team competing for the playoffs” though. I’d say LAD, HOU, CLE look better on paper but Yankees in that discussion. BOS up there as well but IMO 5th.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

They dynasty talk will be deserves when they sign Machado or Harper next year.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Still early in the offseason but I don't look at the Yankees depth chart and think anything more than "quality team that should contend for the playoffs". Dominance is far from the first word that comes to mind.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/team/...hart/?c_id=nyy
    http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts...n=ALL&teamid=9

Current projections have them at 95.2 wins

Adding Cole's 3.8 makes them .3 wins behind the Astros for the best in baseball.

At some point that's certainly possible but the currently constructed squad doesn't strike me as what you are describing.
    Outside of the 98 season, which Yankees squad is this current team worse than?

http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts...n=ALL&teamid=9

Current projections have them at 95.2 wins

Adding Cole's 3.8 makes them .3 wins behind the Astros for the best in baseball.
    That's all fine and dandy but I don't put a ton of stock in projections; especially when most teams are far from set at this point. Long baseball seasons with unexpected injuries, breakouts, and drop-offs are prone to unexpected randomness.

Yankees are looking like a playoff team to me, not some unstoppable dynasty. They do have the money and young talent for a nice run though fasho.

Outside of the 98 season, which Yankees squad is this current team worse than?
    I don't feel like looking over a bunch of old rosters and stats to make this comparison right now. I hear late 90's Yankees though and think of championships upon championships. That's not what I imagine we're going to see in the next handful of years with the Yankees.

It's a tough thing to confidently predict. Don't get me wrong; the Yanks certainly have a bright future. I'm certainly not talking **** about them or anything. More that it's hard to imagine any current franchise having the kind of success that the late 90's Yankees had.

I don't feel like looking over a bunch of old rosters and stats to make this comparison right now. I hear late 90's Yankees though and think of championships upon championships. That's not what I imagine we're going to see in the next handful of years with the Yankees.

It's a tough thing to confidently predict. Don't get me wrong; the Yanks certainly have a bright future. I'm certainly not talking **** about them or anything. More that it's hard to imagine any current franchise having the kind of success that the late 90's Yankees had.
    Certainly. Just the amount of luck it takes today to get back to backs is unreal.

I doubt we see another late 90's Yankees run for a long *** time. Even the Giants are the exception.

But I find this Yankees roster incredible deep.

Everyone's on the Yankees for dynasty train eh? Can't help but feel like we're missing out on a team with 3 NLCS appearances in a row, one WS title, currently #3 on team projected WAR in 2018, in heavy discussions for Yu Darvish and the favorite to sign Bryce Harper in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    Everyone's on the Yankees for dynasty train eh? Can't help but feel like we're missing out on a team with 3 NLCS appearances in a row, one WS title, currently #3 on team projected WAR in 2018, in heavy discussions for Yu Darvish and the favorite to sign Bryce Harper in 2019.
    Sorry but i dont look at the Cubs and think dynasty. Yes they made the nlcs 3 years in a row but i wouldnt be surprised to see them fade and see the Cardinals dethrone them as the top team in the NL Central in a few years.

The Cubs have a lot of guys that have potential but have underperformed. Can they win another title in the next few years? Probably. Dynasty? No.

And the Cubs are favorite to land Bryce Harper? Please show me a link or source that states Harper wants to be a cub. And dont say because he is buddy buddy with Bryant means he wants to be a Cub. Nationals and Dodgers are more favorited to land Harper than the Cubs. The Cubs cannot compete with the Dodgers for Harpers services. If they want Harper, they will get him. If the Yankees want Harper then can certainly compete with the Dodgers especially given his open fondness for the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    How? Don't they already have a 5 man in Severino, Gray, Tanaka, Sabathia and one of Cole/Darvish? or would Sabathia move to long relief?
    Either 6 man rotation or move CC to long relief. CC is the type of guy to get hurt often, so I would try to micro-manage his appearances.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast