Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Yankees Close to Acquiring Gerrit Cole

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...e-yankees.html

"Jim Bowden of MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM now tweets that the Pirates and Yankees are close to a deal that would send Cole to New York. Torres is not a part of those talks, according to Bowden.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports (via Twitter) that the Yankees would also likely balk at including either of Justus Sheffield or Estevan Florial in a package for Cole. Sherman suspects that any package would be structured around Clint Frazier and Chance Adams."

I would trust Sherman before Feinsand here as well. Deal seems to be more closer than he says.

Keep getting mixed signals on this.

Really hope this happens.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

Don’t want to trade for him as a Yankees fan. We have a strong starting 5 already and his performance hasn’t been great recently. I’d rather sign a guy like Cobb or trade for a lower prospect cost option and I think we’d be better off.

Speculation is they have a breaking ball heavy philosophy compared to PIT throwing a bunch of fastballs and they think that’d help him. If they believe that would get him back to 2015 form then The risk does make sense though.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

There is no risk here . He's a good quality pitcher who may have an ace season up his sleeve over the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    There is no risk here . He's a good quality pitcher who may have an ace season up his sleeve over the next two years.
    Risks would be Chance Adams (#3 Yankees prospect, #53 overall prospect) and Clint Frazier (#2 Yankees prospect). Adams would be in the mix to be the Yankees #5 starter this year. Clint got blocked by 3 OFs better than he is currently.

Cole has the #26th WAR from last season. Giving up two A level prospects for a potential #3 assuming Darvish signs with the Yankees? Doesn't seem like a good idea to me since there are other #3s out there you can get for less. Fulmer would cost less than Cole in all likelihood. Yankees have a chance to do a proper reload, so I don't want them to rush into things like a Gerrit Cole.

Cash putting in work

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Risks would be Chance Adams (#3 Yankees prospect, #53 overall prospect) and Clint Frazier (#2 Yankees prospect). Adams would be in the mix to be the Yankees #5 starter this year. Clint got blocked by 3 OFs better than he is currently.

Cole has the #26th WAR from last season. Giving up two A level prospects for a potential #3 assuming Darvish signs with the Yankees? Doesn't seem like a good idea to me since there are other #3s out there you can get for less. Fulmer would cost less than Cole in all likelihood. Yankees have a chance to do a proper reload, so I don't want them to rush into things like a Gerrit Cole.
    Yankees arent getting both Cole and Darvish unless they unload Tanaka or Gray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No risk? Since his 2016 tricep and elbow injury he has made 38 starts with a 4.69 era in that time span. Thats in the national league with no DH, now he is potentially going to yankee stadium with one of the shortest fences in the MLB for a guy who gave up 31 home runs last year.

Depending on what the yankees give up, there is great risk.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

They aren't giving up Adams & Frazier.

One or the other, not both.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Cash putting in work
    I for years though this guy was so ****ing overrated. I mean the guy was basically given a blank check every off season to spend and he made a **** load of questionable moves.

But the work he has done over the last few years has completely changed my mind about him. Dude has gotten too talent for cheap and dealt some talent for great young talent. Yanks are set for the next 10 years and likely have 4-5 rings in that period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Yankees arent getting both Cole and Darvish unless they unload Tanaka or Gray

I wouldn't say they need to trade either Tanaka or Gray. Yankees' Brass wants to get below luxury tax areas, but there could be a chance to add a major SP via trade (Cole) and add a Darvish if his asking price comes down. Yankees are working both angles and could have both come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    I wouldn't say they need to trade either Tanaka or Gray. Yankees' Brass wants to get below luxury tax areas, but there could be a chance to add a major SP via trade (Cole) and add a Darvish if his asking price comes down. Yankees are working both angles and could have both come to fruition.
    How? Don't they already have a 5 man in Severino, Gray, Tanaka, Sabathia and one of Cole/Darvish? or would Sabathia move to long relief?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yanks are set for the next 10 years and likely have 4-5 rings in that period of time.

I'll gladly take the under on that.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I for years though this guy was so ****ing overrated. I mean the guy was basically given a blank check every off season to spend and he made a **** load of questionable moves.

But the work he has done over the last few years has completely changed my mind about him. Dude has gotten too talent for cheap and dealt some talent for great young talent. Yanks are set for the next 10 years and likely have 4-5 rings in that period of time.

4-5 in the next 10 years is a stretch. They definitely have an envious team both in the major leagues and minor leagues. But as we've seen, anything can happen in the postseason.

I somewhat agree. I think there’s a bit of a risk but I think it is one that would be worth it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast