Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    The third name should be changed to "Yankees are not close to acquiring Gerrit Cole from Pittsburgh"

Not the fault of RC. When he made it, they were supposedly close.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The third name should be changed to "Yankees are not close to acquiring Gerrit Cole from Pittsburgh"

For I am ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

exactly,

rumors don't lose their credibility just because they fall apart (not saying we aren't getting cole)

most rumors start as speculation which have less merit but often interesting

and then we have fake news rumors from whatshisname which are neither credible or interesting

when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post

exactly,

rumors don't lose their credibility just because they fall apart (not saying we aren't getting cole)

most rumors start as speculation which have less merit but often interesting

and then we have fake news rumors from whatshisname which are neither credible or interesting
    why won't they give monty a chance that baffles me....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3747634
    Interesting read about why the Yanks seem to be so focused on Cole . It also talks about how the analytics department likely thinks they could get him pitching like an ace again. It basically talks about what i've been saying since we started hearing the Cole rumors. He threw his 2 and 4 seam close to 60% of the time last yr and gave up the majority of his HRs on those 2 pitches last yr.

If they trade him and get him throwing his 3 off speed pitches at a higher %, like he did in 15 when he pitched like an ace he would be a huge addition and worth the reported cost

Rosenthal and other are reporting this morning that Cole to the Astros is heating up so the idea of us getting him might be a mute point. We didn't block the Stro's from getting Verlander last yr and it cost us going to the WS. The Astros are one of the few teams i would absolutely hate to see Cole go to. IMO they are going to be our biggest competition in the AL for quite a while and their rotation with an improved Cole in it would be very tough to be in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3747634
    Interesting read about why the Yanks seem to be so focused on Cole . It also talks about how the analytics department likely thinks they could get him pitching like an ace again. It basically talks about what i've been saying since we started hearing the Cole rumors. He threw his 2 and 4 seam close to 60% of the time last yr and gave up the majority of his HRs on those 2 pitches yr.

If they trade him and get him throwing his 3 off speed pitches at a higher %, like he did in 15 when he pitched like an ace.

Rosenthal and other are reporting this morning that Cole to the Astros is heating up so the idea of us getting him might be a mute point. We didn't block the Stro's from getting Verlander last yr and it cost us going to the WS. The Astros are one of the few teams i would absolutely hate to see Cole go to. IMO they are going to be our biggest competition in the AL for quite a while and their rotation with an improved Cole in it would be very tough to be in the playoffs
    Astros becoming a thorn in the Yankees side, aka the new Boston.

Sounds like Cole to Astros a done deal.

Astros gonna give the Yankees serious problems.

Wonder how the Yankees respond.

Darvish? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Sounds like Cole to Astros a done deal.

Astros gonna give the Yankees serious problems.

Wonder how the Yankees respond.

Darvish? Lol
    Heller and Higashioka for Kershaw

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Good no Cole since I donít want to give up Frazier for him.

Now some reporters are backtracking saying deal isn't done. Reminds me of how they handled the Yankees-Cole situation, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    why won't they give monty a chance that baffles me....
    they will

in the winter we must think of the rotation as 7 or 8 guys and not 5

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Now some reporters are backtracking saying deal isn't done. Reminds me of how they handled the Yankees-Cole situation, lol.
    I hope it's not over...........till it's over

sounds like pitt people might be feeding the press stuff to help motivate other teams

sounds like the same people that said we were close to getting Cole are saying the same thing about the Astro's. Their GM and a couple reliable sources are saying nothing is done or eminent.

I hope Cashman makes another call and see if we can get back in this thing. If it was just about any team other than the Astro's or Soxs i'd be fine with it. Cole makes that rotation a top 3-5 in baseball IMO. The Astros figure to be our biggest competition in the AL for the next few yrs, the last thing i want them to do is acquire a cheap, controlled arm with #1 upside

Jeff Passan

Verified account

@JeffPassan
    10m10 minutes ago
    More
    Source: "No deal" for Gerrit Cole to Houston. "False rumor."

As is the case with these things, talks could pick back up quickly. For now, though, Gerrit Cole to Houston is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    I hope it's not over...........till it's over

sounds like pitt people might be feeding the press stuff to help motivate other teams
    i think your right, it feels like Pitt isn't quite getting the offers they are looking for from either the Astros or Yanks. It just feels like they are trying to create a sense of urgency for the Yanks in hopes of getting him to give up a better package. I don't think theirs a chance in hell Cashman gives up Torres and probably not Florial or Sheff. I'd be fine with trading pretty much anyone else especially to keep him away from the Astros

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast