Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    if cashman got cole for that deal the whole league would protest while cashman won executive of the century

Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    At least we didn’t trade Shane Greene for Didi, oh.
    Picking at the wound

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Yankees offered packages of prospects and young players similar to what they are offering the Pirates to the Tampa Bay Rays, for Chris Archer, and to the Detroit Tigers, for Michael Fulmer, according to a source. The Rays and Tigers rejected the offers.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...s/201712220175
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Yankees offered packages of prospects and young players similar to what they are offering the Pirates to the Tampa Bay Rays, for Chris Archer, and to the Detroit Tigers, for Michael Fulmer, according to a source. The Rays and Tigers rejected the offers.

If Fulmer was that good then the Tigers would build around him...They are not getting a kings ransom.
    Nick

He’s gotten cocky bc of the Stanton trade.

The Yankees are one of those teams with so much leverage in virtually any trade situation since the teams looking to move SPs need to rebuild. Tampa is a mess because they have very little fans and the market isn't attractive. Detroit had to move Kinsler recently. Without JD Martinez, the Tigers are less likely to contend next year either. Fulmer is a nice SP, but he isn't a young Verlander and cannot be a #1 on a contender. Pittsburgh is desperate to trade Cole. According to MLB Network: "The Pirates do not have Cole or McCutchen in their marketing material for next season."

Curious, what does everyone remember about Tanaka's season? the 30+ dingers or his Ace-like performances in the playoff?

Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Curious, what does everyone remember about Tanaka's season? the 30+ dingers or his Ace-like performances in the playoff?

take a bow nyy09

Last edited by pinstripezac; 12-24-2017 at 09:45 AM.

when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

What have you done for me lately, seems apt.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

when i think if tanaka i think that game vs Boston when he outdueled Chris Sale

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    take a bow nyy09

What have you done for me lately, seems apt.
    Playoffs >>> Reg Season

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    when i think if tanaka i think that game vs Boston when he outdueled Chris Sale
    Big. Game. Pitcher.

The appropriate question is what do people think of Sonny Gray?

There is only one young ace potential pitcher in the game today worth trading the farm for. His name is Luis Severino and last I checked he his on this roster.

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

Gerit Cole my ***!

Must have been some dumb *** rumor that never materialized!
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If Fulmer was that good then the Tigers would build around him...They are not getting a kings ransom.
    What...? That is exactly what they are doing. There is a reason the Tigers aren't shopping him and other teams are the ones calling about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    I don't want anything to do with Cole if it costs Frazier. I would trade for Fulmer.

This is not the 2015 Cole we are getting. We already took a chance on a "high-end starter" with lower stats than their best season in Sonny Gray. Do you really want to add the 26th best pitching WAR from last season for the Yankees #2 and #3 prospects? Chance Adams is right now #53 on MLB.com's list. That list includes Ohtani, so it is still being updated bit by bit.

I rather sign Yu Darvish and develop a SP outta of Chance Adams. Prefer to trade for a household name. To give Boston credit, Sale was an established front-line starter that didn't dip as much in production as 2015 vs 2017 Cole did.

Trade for Greinke, Fulmer, deGrom, or Carrasco. All should be considered first before Cole.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...on1=2017&ind=0
    Greinke is a disgusting contact and already 34 years old. Fulmer, right now, would cost a TON. DeGrom is not available and if he was would also cost a ton. Carracci is not available, plays for a contender expected to compete for the next 5 years minimum, and would cost a ton.

Cole isn’t perfect but he can pitch 200 innings and has 3 above average pitches (fastball at 95-97, curve, and change. Slider is below average). Big, strong body (a good pitcher’s built, a la Curt Schilling, Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte, Kevin Brown, Max Scherzer... types that tend to hold up over time).

I think last season was a fluke where he was a big unlucky. His K rate, BB rate, and line drive rates were all in line with his career average which led to a 3.23 ERA and 2.98 FIP up to last season. His HR/FB rate skyrocketed, nearly doubling. His hard hit ball rate, pull rate, fly ball rates were all in line with his career average, even his BABIP was in line with the career average. So to me, he was a bit unlucky and having McCutchen in CF doesn’t help. He had far from the worst defensive team behind him but they weren’t going overboard to help anyone out. He was still at a 3 WAR despite a down year in his book.

The move for Cole makes sense because he can easily slot in as a mid-range 2 or high-end 3 (while still offering ace potential and ace stuff). And he is under team control for the next 2 seasons. A Frazier, Adams, and third piece in the Estrada-Solak-Tate (9-15 range area) range makes sense, but not much more. I think he will age well and offer a great base line as a mid-3 ERA starter at 200 innings while offering potential to be a 1b type starter at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast