View Poll Results: What happens?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lions win!!!!

6 100.00%
  • Lions lose

0 0%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Looks like Bengals have quit on their coach. Should be a win. In the Caldwell era we have beaten bad teams and lose to the good ones, probably because the Lions are an average team talented wise.

This should be a game where we win. Do we? Who knows. Haven't had a "bad" loss in terms of a team we should've definitively beat this year. Ravens are the closest thing to it, but they're not bad we just got blown out.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    except that Stafford is a top QB in the NFL and Caldwell is one of the worst coaches in the NFL.. is this not true?

there's nothing to argue about... once Stafford isn't asked to do as much as he does and has at least a middle of the pack run game/O-Line, then that team will be super bowl contenders

do you see what the Jags and Bortles are doing...
    What stupid *** reasoning do you have for this? You know the reason Stafford doesn't blow dick anymore is because of Caldwell, right? Remember how bad he was in the Schwartz era?

From 2014-Now: Stafford is 64.7% comp, 2.34 TD/INT ratio, 270 YPG, 7.3 Yds/Attempt 4.2k yds per year, 26 TDs/11 INTs a year, 93.5 passer rating, 35-27 record.

I'll give you the 3 years before Caldwell, so I'll discount the 2 AWFUL rookie/sophomore years where he was flat out bad or hurt, with those included these following numbers would look even worse.

2011-2013: 1.73 TD/INT ratio, 305 YPG, 7.2 Yds/Attempt, 4.8k yds per year, 30 TDs/17 INTs a year 86.9 passer rating 21-27 record. So even if I give you that outlier MVP-level season Stafford had and include it with his 2 following years, he is STILL not better than Jim Caldwell Stafford on average.

Remember how bad he was in GWD situations in the Schwartz era? Stafford has had 26 career 4th quarter comebacks, he's had 13 (AKA HALF) of them in just 2 seasons of Caldwell tenure.

Do you remember how much more talented this team was in the Schwartz era but somehow performed worse than the Caldwell teams? Whenever you get your wish and the team gets worse because they hire a worse coach, I'll laugh my *** off. For some idiotic reason, people think once you fire a head coach you just instantly get better. Well let me tell you, Belichick, Reid, or Payton aren't getting fired next month, so good luck finding somebody better than Caldwell on the market. Caldwell isn't a great coach, hell I don't know if he's even good, but the difference between those guys that aren't top 5 coaches (AKA everybody not named Reid/Belichick/Payton/Carroll/Tomlin), and Caldwell is so minimal it's amazing. It almost ALWAYS depends on roster talent, and guess what? The Lions have middling talent and they're performing like a slightly better than middling team. Caldwell has had one bad season his entire HCing career and that's because he had one of the worst rosters ever assembled minus Peyton Manning.

I don't know what the **** Bortles has to do with this, but let's not ignore that he has A) The best defense in the league and B) 3 RBs that are all better than our best RB. Think about it, outside of QB, the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS, the laughing stock of the last decade who couldn't win the worst division in the sport, are better at EVERY SINGLE position on defense and offense than the Lions. WR they're better, RB they're better, LB they're better, CB they're better, S they're better, OL they're better, DL they're better. (hey! Look a front office who knew how to find talent!). Who do you blame for this? Caldwell? No, you blame Quinn, they guy who hasn't drafted or signed one good pass rusher or one good RB. The guy who's draft record is about as awesome as Mayhew's. Instead you trust Quinn to fire Caldwell and hire a new coach when he hasn't proven he can hire/sign anything better than special teamers. Gonna be funny when Quinn gets "his guy" and they become a less talented roster with an even worse coach, and we'll wonder where did it all go wrong...
    Last edited by Zspooner; 12-22-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Damn spoon. It's just football. Calm down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I just hate bad logic. It frustrates me. Especially when it's the Lions. We've never had anything merely decent for longer than a year (as long as I've been a fan, which given, hasn't been nearly as long as most of you), and now that we do, people just want to throw it away for...I don't even know.

My only problem with Caldwell is lack of challenging plays, a few weird what the **** are you thinking game time decisions, and his questionable staffing at lower levels such as running back coach and oline coach. His non emotional demeanor and handling of the media is pretty much the same thing seen over on the patriots side line without all the *****ing from their fan base.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    What stupid *** reasoning do you have for this? You know the reason Stafford doesn't blow dick anymore is because of Caldwell, right? Remember how bad he was in the Schwartz era?

From 2014-Now: Stafford is 64.7% comp, 2.34 TD/INT ratio, 270 YPG, 7.3 Yds/Attempt 4.2k yds per year, 26 TDs/11 INTs a year, 93.5 passer rating, 35-27 record.

I'll give you the 3 years before Caldwell, so I'll discount the 2 AWFUL rookie/sophomore years where he was flat out bad or hurt, with those included these following numbers would look even worse.

2011-2013: 1.73 TD/INT ratio, 305 YPG, 7.2 Yds/Attempt, 4.8k yds per year, 30 TDs/17 INTs a year 86.9 passer rating 21-27 record. So even if I give you that outlier MVP-level season Stafford had and include it with his 2 following years, he is STILL not better than Jim Caldwell Stafford on average.

Remember how bad he was in GWD situations in the Schwartz era? Stafford has had 26 career 4th quarter comebacks, he's had 13 (AKA HALF) of them in just 2 seasons of Caldwell tenure.

Do you remember how much more talented this team was in the Schwartz era but somehow performed worse than the Caldwell teams? Whenever you get your wish and the team gets worse because they hire a worse coach, I'll laugh my *** off. For some idiotic reason, people think once you fire a head coach you just instantly get better. Well let me tell you, Belichick, Reid, or Payton aren't getting fired next month, so good luck finding somebody better than Caldwell on the market. Caldwell isn't a great coach, hell I don't know if he's even good, but the difference between those guys that aren't top 5 coaches (AKA everybody not named Reid/Belichick/Payton/Carroll/Tomlin), and Caldwell is so minimal it's amazing. It almost ALWAYS depends on roster talent, and guess what? The Lions have middling talent and they're performing like a slightly better than middling team. Caldwell has had one bad season his entire HCing career and that's because he had one of the worst rosters ever assembled minus Peyton Manning.

I don't know what the **** Bortles has to do with this, but let's not ignore that he has A) The best defense in the league and B) 3 RBs that are all better than our best RB. Think about it, outside of QB, the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS, the laughing stock of the last decade who couldn't win the worst division in the sport, are better at EVERY SINGLE position on defense and offense than the Lions. WR they're better, RB they're better, LB they're better, CB they're better, S they're better, OL they're better, DL they're better. (hey! Look a front office who knew how to find talent!). Who do you blame for this? Caldwell? No, you blame Quinn, they guy who hasn't drafted or signed one good pass rusher or one good RB. The guy who's draft record is about as awesome as Mayhew's. Instead you trust Quinn to fire Caldwell and hire a new coach when he hasn't proven he can hire/sign anything better than special teamers. Gonna be funny when Quinn gets "his guy" and they become a less talented roster with an even worse coach, and we'll wonder where did it all go wrong...
    Nice write up spoon. I honestly think that if we finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs, which I think happens anyway, Caldwell won't be fired. I think this draft and off-season and draft is the make or break for Quinn. I honestly think if we had a between the tackles RB our play calling would be completely different. AA and Riddick are carbon copies of each other. I think Tion Green needs to start a game and see what we have with him. His NFL debut he did pretty good 11 carries for 51 yards and a TD and that was against a good Baltimore D. Don't know if he is the solution to our run game but why not give him a shot at least.

AAL: MATTHEW STAFFORD
    COMP: 371 ATT: 565 YDS: 4,446 COMP %: 65.7 TD: 29 INT: 10 FUMBLES: 11 QBR: 61.8
    RUSH ATT: 29 YDS: 98 TD: 0
    COMEBACK WINS: 2

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 17-16-7 Points: 41
    Detroit Lions 9-7 #INBOBQUINNWETRUST! Bye Caldwell!
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 12-3 ACC: 1-1
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 7-6 ACC: 3-5 #timeforthetaggartera

Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post

you wrote all of this to defend a guy who allowed his team to have 9 players on the field for a defensive play tf is wrong with you (lemme guess it was T.Austins fault)

Yeah Stafford sure "blew dick" with Schwartz but in his full season with him as the coach he threw for 40 TD's and 5000 Yards... i like how you left that part out. what a joke of a post. Dude got a hard on for Caldwell

Only a moron would try to say that Caldwell is a better coach than Stafford is QB...

the fact you actually got mad and defended Caldwell lmao!!!!!!!!! u said u graduated from FSU? man you must have gotten no ***** thru college

THE START OF A NEW ERA #I.Q.W.T

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    this
    ^^ currently playing^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    you take that back!

damnit rocket, I can't have your back when you respond like that

LFLOL was ahead of the game with the abe simpson gif lol

damnit rocket, I can't have your back when you respond like that

LFLOL was ahead of the game with the abe simpson gif lol
    i don't need no one to have my back

it's common sense. the fact he wrote all of that was embarrassing. while saying multiple false statements

1. The dude said Schwartz had more talent on his team... he took over an 0-16 team what Are u possibly talking about? the roster has gotten better each year since Caldwell has been the coach

2. Claiming that Caldwell is the reason Stafford is getting more Game winning drives now then he did before.... uhhhhh WHAT? he's matured as a QB and his roster got better...

3. Somehow the Jags WR's are better than the Lions

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    i don't need no one to have my back

it's common sense. the fact he wrote all of that was embarrassing. while saying multiple false statements

1. The dude said Schwartz had more talent on his team... he took over an 0-16 team what Are u possibly talking about? the roster has gotten better each year since Caldwell has been the coach

2. Claiming that Caldwell is the reason Stafford is getting more Game winning drives now then he did before.... uhhhhh WHAT? he's matured as a QB and his roster got better...

3. Somehow the Jags WR's are better than the Lions
    so prove it, that's what I'm saying, you did the "welp I've got nothing so I'll just make personal attacks" thing. Not that it isn't sometimes entertaining, but cmon man, make your case

so prove it, that's what I'm saying, you did the "welp I've got nothing so I'll just make personal attacks" thing. Not that it isn't sometimes entertaining, but cmon man, make your case
    i've already stated many reasons over the last couple years, I told you guys when Quinn retained Caldwell that we're not going anywhere so don't expect anything until we bring in a new coach. i'm not going to waste my time on someone who wrote a novel about Caldwell while bashing someone who is the only reason Caldwell still has a job

there's nothing more that i can say.. i went personal because he went at me for no reason. the entire post is a joke foh with all that

you take that back!
    I take it back. I dig it all said and done.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast