View Poll Results: What happens?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lions win!!!!

6 100.00%
  • Lions lose

0 0%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Doesn't matter anyway ATL not gonna lose the last two.

That said, I'd rather win than lose. The bengals are a hot pile of poo.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Doesn't matter anyway ATL not gonna lose the last two.

That said, I'd rather win than lose. The bengals are a hot pile of poo.
    saints and panthers a lot better than ATL imo

THE START OF A NEW ERA #I.Q.W.T

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    it's funny because ur serious.. i thought u were gonna stop being a troll, didn't you PM me that?

Stafford is top 5 in every possible stat in the NFC while being sacked the 2nd most in the NFL and yet again his "TEAM" is dead last in the run game

damn you're right bruh it's a team sport. Didn't know Stafford could coach up his O-Line so he wouldn't be dead last with Jacoby Brisset in sacks... **** dude he should be traded for allowing his run game to be last in the NFL again.. he throws the ball to fast so when the running backs carry it the ball is just different than any other team

you do realize that our QB is the best player on our "TEAM" right?

you do realize that he's on pace to be sacked the most in his career right? you know what's funny about that... he's avoided 20 sacks by breaking tackles in the backfield... more than any QB in the NFL

GTFO. you act like you're bringing up something new. dead last in the run, dead last in sacks given up, same coach. any other QB in these circumstances would have a terrible record instead of a chance to be making the playoffs
    The thing is no matter how right or wrong it is. All QBs are looked at for their W-L record. Its a team sport, but QB is one of those positions that get head to a higher standard than any other position on the field. And its not all Staffords fault for that record.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

saints and panthers a lot better than ATL imo
    Maybe. Still don't think they lose both. Let's say the probability that they win each game (independently) is about 45%. That then means the probability they lose each game (independently) is 55%. The probability that they lose both games is the product of the independent probabilities. So the probability that they lose both is .55*.55 = .3025. So in a super simplistic way we've got about a 30% chance for the falcons to lose both. This of course is assuming the probabilities I've mentioned.

I got bored as I typed the first sentence so I decided to use the implied probabilities listed by the sports book that I use. The book I use currently has the Falcons +217 odds to beat the Saints. This translates to a 31.5% to win. Other way to look at it is this gives the Saints a 68.5% chance to win the game. Using this with my guess of .55 for the other game yields a probability of .685*.55 = .377. So, in a simplistic way we arrive at a 37% chance that the Falcons lose both games. This is pretty low. Of course not impossible, but not likely by any means. Even with the current odds.

Lions forum, Big Bang Theory style

go coitus yourself

any other QB in these circumstances would have a terrible record instead of a chance to be making the playoffs
    So you are basically implying that Stafford is the best QB in the NFL. Donít let your hard on get in the way of logical thinking.

That pathetic record vs winning teams isnít completely his fault but some of these Lions teams havenít been that bad. Some of the blame has to go to him. Heís the fín QB. A good one, not the elite one you seem to think. Elite QBís win games they arenít supposed to once in awhile. He doesnít......ever.

it's funny because ur serious.. i thought u were gonna stop being a troll, didn't you PM me that?

Stafford is top 5 in every possible stat in the NFC while being sacked the 2nd most in the NFL and yet again his "TEAM" is dead last in the run game

damn you're right bruh it's a team sport. Didn't know Stafford could coach up his O-Line so he wouldn't be dead last with Jacoby Brisset in sacks... **** dude he should be traded for allowing his run game to be last in the NFL again.. he throws the ball to fast so when the running backs carry it the ball is just different than any other team

you do realize that our QB is the best player on our "TEAM" right?

you do realize that he's on pace to be sacked the most in his career right? you know what's funny about that... he's avoided 20 sacks by breaking tackles in the backfield... more than any QB in the NFL

GTFO. you act like you're bringing up something new. dead last in the run, dead last in sacks given up, same coach. any other QB in these circumstances would have a terrible record instead of a chance to be making the playoffs
    I was trying to call a ceasefire for the sake of everyone else in the forum. But when, after consistently bashing anyone that brought up Staffordís record against good teams, you bring it up as a way to validate your distaste for Caldwell. Man, I couldnít let that **** go. Itís classic rocket. 100% comical and hypocritical at the same time.

Sorry everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Maybe. Still don't think they lose both. Let's say the probability that they win each game (independently) is about 45%. That then means the probability they lose each game (independently) is 55%. The probability that they lose both games is the product of the independent probabilities. So the probability that they lose both is .55*.55 = .3025. So in a super simplistic way we've got about a 30% chance for the falcons to lose both. This of course is assuming the probabilities I've mentioned.

I got bored as I typed the first sentence so I decided to use the implied probabilities listed by the sports book that I use. The book I use currently has the Falcons +217 odds to beat the Saints. This translates to a 31.5% to win. Other way to look at it is this gives the Saints a 68.5% chance to win the game. Using this with my guess of .55 for the other game yields a probability of .685*.55 = .377. So, in a simplistic way we arrive at a 37% chance that the Falcons lose both games. This is pretty low. Of course not impossible, but not likely by any means. Even with the current odds.
    And we still have to win out. It would be SOL to have ATL lose out so we can lose to a backup in GB to keep us out.

2015 SEASON STATS

CATCHES- 12
    YARDS- 122
    TD'S-

LIONS W/L 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    It would be SOL to have ATL lose out so we can lose to a backup in GB to keep us out.
    Likely what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I was trying to call a ceasefire for the sake of everyone else in the forum. But when, after consistently bashing anyone that brought up Staffordís record against good teams, you bring it up as a way to validate your distaste for Caldwell. Man, I couldnít let that **** go. Itís classic rocket. 100% comical and hypocritical at the same time.

Sorry everyone.
    except that Stafford is a top QB in the NFL and Caldwell is one of the worst coaches in the NFL.. is this not true?

there's nothing to argue about... once Stafford isn't asked to do as much as he does and has at least a middle of the pack run game/O-Line, then that team will be super bowl contenders

do you see what the Jags and Bortles are doing...

And we still have to win out. It would be SOL to have ATL lose out so we can lose to a backup in GB to keep us out.
    we already beat that back up in GB

we're at home vs GB... no way we lose it

Yes i realize we are at home but this is the lions we are talking about, so whatever you think will happen probably won't. Should we beat them, YES. Will we beat them I don't know, this is the lions we are talking about. The Matt Flynn game comes to mind. Hopefully Ford Field is rocking and the D can get a couple TO's.

2015 SEASON STATS

CATCHES- 12
    YARDS- 122
    TD'S-

LIONS W/L 0-2

It really would be. But we won't lose this week. It will be SOL if we lost next week AND have some crazy stupid calls helps us lose.

Marvin Lewisí last home game. It wonít be a cakewalk. Iíd bet $ that whoever scores first, loses. Could end up being a shootout.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast