Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Question Could injuries cost the Warriors a title this season?

Steph's ruled out of the Christmas game with his well-known ankle problems, and the Warriors have been playing hot-potato with 'which star sits out this game' so far this season. Draymond's shoulder injury, as well, and Durant being off/on with ankle/thigh problems. Looks like only Klay has avoided the injury bug so far this season.

Do you have a gut feeling on who's gonna win this year? I'd like to see a different team win for a change. It's been cool to see rivalries again, but the East is picking up and lots of power shuffling in the west so far, too. I could see the Rockets maybe making the Finals and taking on the Cavaliers, or the Celtics if Hayward were to come back or if Isaiah Thomas has injury complications.

I personally hate injuries in the NBA, as I feel they've affected too much in the Finals, leading up to the Finals, etc, especially when injuries happen to impact players (e.g. stars). I feel like if any year could be it, it's this one. Durant's career has already been affected by injury, and Steph luckily dodged a lot of early ankle problems, before his last "not 100%" Finals loss to the Cavaliers.

I guess that's how things work sometimes, since the Cavaliers were hurt that one season as the Warriors feasted on the advantage. I hope the Warriors are all good to go, but if they lose Curry, Draymond or Durant for a substantial amount of time in the playoffs, they could get upset by another strong team out west.

Coach Kerr says he's not worried, and I'm sure they'll sit them for the first round/second round somewhat like they've been doing so far this season, no longer worried about "best record ever" kind of stuff. It's kind of a neat season in that regard, seeing teams show that wisdom (Spurs, too). I guess only Cleveland is allowed to tempt fate with LeBron playing crazy minutes all the time.

I mean, I could see the Rockets knocking out the Warriors if they're down a star, based off Houston's scoring prowess alone. Even the Thunder could upset the Warriors at that rate, and of course the Spurs could pull it off. Seeding is important, if these injuries keep being a problem. Right now, they're #1 but Rockets have been strong too lately and that's mostly without Chris Paul. Right now, looks like Pelicans and Nuggets are separating themselves from the lesser teams. So Warriors could draw Pelicans or the Thunder unless OKC gets their act together. If OKC works it out, they'd make for a fun matchup in the first round. Pelicans would be worth watching too, see how their two bigs work against the Warriors and put Rondo on Curry. Klay's shooting has not been its best lately, either, as they barely beat the Lakers with both Curry & Draymond out.

Overall, I feel like the league is getting good again and this year's finals may reflect that change. Every team falls off eventually, no matter how great they once were. Adjustments need to be made to stay in the mix.

Well, they definitely don't have any serious injuries right now, and Curry/Green being able to sit out for an extended period of time during the easiest stretch of the year for them is a major blessing in disguise. But yeah, some of these other teams are definitely no joke. The Spurs were on a 60 win pace WITHOUT a top 5 player in the league, and the Rockets look like complete world beaters and definitely can create enough variance to win a 7 game series against anyone if they go lights out for a few games (they can). The Cavs are also doing nothing but racking up wins and are about to add a top-5 MVP candidate and the best 4th quarter closer from last season. The league is in a great space, despite everyone here crying to the moon 3 months ago that it was ruined by KD and there was no point to watch the regular season.

That said, the Warriors are absolutely still the team to beat and have given me no reason to believe otherwise (I think this is their best team).

There are a lot of great teams this year... all rendered moot by GS, who are still vastly superior to the rest of the league.

They could lose one of their top 3 players to a season ending injury, and still be favorites to win the title. So sure, to answer the OP question. However, it will take massive injury concerns imo, for GS to not win it all. That or complete underperformance.

The Warriors are the best team in history. They have the largest gap between them, and the rest of the league, I can ever remember.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Yes

No

They have 1 guy out who will return in a week or so lol. so right now no.

But i do think injuries will catch up to them eventually. They have been very lucky. 3 years ago Irving ans Love go down they beat cavs. Next year cavs are healthy Cleveland wins. So Injuries hit most teams but have evaded Warriors. The thing is with GS stacking their team they are still one of the best in the league even without one of Curry or Durant.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    The league is in a great space, despite everyone here crying to the moon 3 months ago that it was ruined by KD and there was no point to watch the regular season.

That said, the Warriors are absolutely still the team to beat and have given me no reason to believe otherwise (I think this is their best team).
    I agree the league is on the rise. But Just image if KD was not on the Warriors lol. The league would be even better with no clear cut favs. Spurs, GS, Rockets, Cavs, Boston etc... Would all have shots. I just don't see how anyone can beat GS in 7 games. or even 6. You made a nice case but Warriors went dirty and got KD for a reason. To dominate and not be challenged.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    They could lose one of their top 3 players to a season ending injury, and still be favorites to win the title. So sure, to answer the OP question. However, it will take massive injury concerns imo, for GS to not win it all. That or complete underperformance.

The Warriors are the best team in history. They have the largest gap between them, and the rest of the league, I can ever remember.
    Well said.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I agree the league is on the rise. But Just image if KD was not on the Warriors lol. The league would be even better with no clear cut favs. Spurs, GS, Rockets, Cavs, Boston etc... Would all have shots. I just don't see how anyone can beat GS in 7 games. or even 6. You made a nice case but Warriors went dirty and got KD for a reason. To dominate and not be challenged.
    Just because you don't lose doesnt mean you were not challenged.

Just because you lost doesnt mean you were not the best team in the series.

Games are played for a reason.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Anything can happen but nah

Isnít EVERY team trying to dominate?

Could injuries cost the Warriors a title this season?

It's unfortunate but an injury to a top gs player is the best way to get a competitive playoffs at this point. Like others have mentioned the gap is so big right now in the league they could still be favorites.

I really doubt most teams would have tried to assemble talent at the level it has been without KD joining the dubs.

They're definitely not the favorites over the Cavs if any of the big 4 get injured imo, especially KD or Curry. It's just that adding one of those guys is a HUGE boost.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast