Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Embiid out two more games; dealing with back issues

First off, I would be posting this for any other decent top 30 player. So before I get reported, realize that I am posting this because it is a major NBA news story. And effects an entire franchise that has mortgaged so much thus far.

If I wanted to troll this thread I would actually troll it. But I am taking the high road from now on unless provoked.

Hopefully Philly has a christmas miracle and he is able to play, otherwise the game vs. NYK could lack him or KP

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=493731
    The Philadelphia 76ers are hoping a bit of holiday magic will help fix Joel EmbiidĎs back. The forward is dealing with a back injury, but the expectation is that he will be OK in time for the teamís Christmas Day showdown against the New York Knicks.

That does mean that Embiid is expected to miss a home-and-home against the Toronto Raptors on Thursday and Saturday, a big two-game stretch against one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference.

Philadelphia is in a bit of a skid, though only a portion of that skid has occurred with Embiid on the shelf. He last played in a barnburner last Friday, a triple-overtime loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder at home.

But a healthy Embiid seems more important than two regular season games, especially after the time heís missed over the course of his young NBA career. Adrian Wojnarowski reported the injury update on Embiid early Wednesday and said thereís optimism Embiidís back is better in time for the Sixersí noon tip against the Knicks.

Embiid, 23, sat out consecutive losses to Chicago and Sacramento in recent days. The Sixers have lost seven of eight games, dropping to 14-16 on the season.

Embiid, averaging 24.1 points, 11 rebounds and 1.9 blocks, has emerged as one of the NBAís most dominant players this season. He missed his first full two seasons with foot injuries and played 31 games in 2016-17.

Philadelphia is clearly a better team with Embiid healthy, and the league as a whole is more fun when heís on the court. Every season has its rough patches, and this is clearly a bad stretch for the Sixers, but back issues can be killer for big men. That Philadelphia seems optimistic at all feels like a really good sign here.

You and Embiid have a lot in common now that you're on a minutes restriction too!
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

I donít know how this man is going to hold up into his 30s and itís a damn shame

bad knees and now bad back...oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I donít know how this man is going to hold up into his 30s and itís a damn shame
    People said the same thing about Grant Hill and he had a long career.

What a shame. This guy can be great but his health will never let him. If he crashes and burns, It will hurt the Sixers for 5+years.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Very true but he was definitely not ďGrant Hill drinks Sprite!Ē He was a decent shell of himself. Really hope Embiid can stay healthy even if itís a shell.

He wonít last more than 5 years. This game takes a tole on him. Heís been playing a lot lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    You and Embiid have a lot in common now that you're on a minutes restriction too!
    I know. but I can post on back-to-back days/games. And I won't go two years via a "24 month ban". I mean at that point, they'd probably slap a perma.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    People have said the same about a hell of a lot more people that they were right about though. Also, GHill was never the same as the one on the path for greatness, and he's also not anywhere near the size of Embiid.

It is extremely tough for me to imagine Embiid in the NBA in 10 years time, and in all likelihood we will probably never see his true prime. That's just the ****** reality of a player of his size and injury history.

I didn't see this coming

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

it was shocking that brett brown let him continue in that double overtime loss to the thunder, he was clearly not right. their organization hasn't been the same since Sam left, sad!

Washed.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

I was going to make a post and figured I'd get another ban due to targeting. so I'll just quote a few posts from others

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Embiid is going to need to sit out 3 weeks after that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Sixers are 1-5 past six games.. I am jumping off the bandwagon. Embiid played 50 minutes last night. We won't be seeing him till next month. He might not even be able to play the ASG... watch him get voted and then have to be replaced.

So, let me get this straight... The guy is expected to miss two more regular season games, which would make that only four consecutive games missed. But overall, he'll still have played 23 of 32 possible games, putting him on pace to play about three quarters of the season, or about 59 games.

Why is that a surprise to anyone, and why is this thread-worthy? If I told Sixers fans before the season that they'd get 31+ minutes of night for 60ish games of Embiid posting stats this impressive, they'd be absolutely ecstatic. Yeah, the guy has back problems, and he may throughout his career. But if he can consistently give them 60-70 games a season plus the playoffs playing this well for 30+ minutes a night, the kid absolutely still has a chance to be a Hall of Famer.

Can we please just get through a full season of this kid before we totally crap on him for not staying healthy? Given his remarkable talent and everything he's done so far this season, I think he's earned that. And, Giannis, you can hide behind other posters all you want, but posting a thread about Embiid missing four whopping games of basketball is absolutely trolling. You couldn't be more obvious if you tried (which you often do... way too often).

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast