Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    N
    His ďgrindingĒ has not been a key factor in winning games games. 6 times times this year he has received 10+ carries and averaged less than 3 yards a carry. He gets only what our o-line gives him and thats it. He rarely makes defenders miss. Murray is not a very good back. Heíll be cut in the off season. McKinnon isnít a bell cow but he can actually make defenders miss and generate yards on his own.
    Yet murray has a higher ypc, more rushing yards, more total touchdowns, and is a better pass blocker. The only thing mckinnon does better is catch passes. He also has more fumbles on fewer runs. Murrayís running has been very important to this teams success over the weeks, whether you want to believe it or not. Not to mention he was horrible early on because he was recovering from ankle surgery, so his second half of the season in far better than his first. Watched every game this year and dude has been money in helping us during our 8 game winning streak. Mckinnon is too much of a scat back for my taste. Zimmer knows this, which is why murray gets more of the carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    Yet murray has a higher ypc, more rushing yards, more total touchdowns, and is a better pass blocker. The only thing mckinnon does better is catch passes. He also has more fumbles on fewer runs. Murrayís running has been very important to this teams success over the weeks, whether you want to believe it or not. Not to mention he was horrible early on because he was recovering from ankle surgery, so his second half of the season in far better than his first. Watched every game this year and dude has been money in helping us during our 8 game winning streak. Mckinnon is too much of a scat back for my taste. Zimmer knows this, which is why murray gets more of the carries.
    I do think we need to mix in Jet more than we did against the packers, but what you said is accurate for the most part. Murrary does what he is asked to do, tire out the D and block. When he has a good run its icing on the cake.imo

To be fair on this point, I believe they said something earlier this year to the effect that McKinnon had not fumbled previously in his career. His fumbles might be higher this year, but which is the true indication of his ability - career or season?

The YPC are basically the same but comparing rushing yards and TDs are not fair because Murray is given more touches. Murray has basically become a glorified Matt Asiata. He gives what the o-line blocks and thatís about it. McKinnon has fewer touches than Murray but has more broken tackles than Murray (38-27). Murray is money in short yardage and thatís about it. Heís a plodder. McKinnon can create on his own. Coming into the season, Murray was bottom 5 in missed tackles. Thatís why Oakland let him. Jalen Richard forced more tackles on about 100 less touches.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

The YPC are basically the same but comparing rushing yards and TDs are not fair because Murray is given more touches. Murray has basically become a glorified Matt Asiata. He gives what the o-line blocks and thatís about it. McKinnon has fewer touches than Murray but has more broken tackles than Murray (38-27). Murray is money in short yardage and thatís about it. Heís a plodder. McKinnon can create on his own. Coming into the season, Murray was bottom 5 in missed tackles. Thatís why Oakland let him. Jalen Richard forced more tackles on about 100 less touches. Dalvin Cook hasnít played since week 4 and only has 4 fewer broken tackles.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

The YPC are basically the same but comparing rushing yards and TDs are not fair because Murray is given more touches. Murray has basically become a glorified Matt Asiata. He gives what the o-line blocks and thatís about it. McKinnon has fewer touches than Murray but has more broken tackles than Murray (38-27). Murray is money in short yardage and thatís about it. Heís a plodder. McKinnon can create on his own. Coming into the season, Murray was bottom 5 in missed tackles. Thatís why Oakland let him. Jalen Richard forced more tackles on about 100 less touches. Dalvin Cook hasnít played since week 4 and only has 4 fewer broken tackles.
    Im actually including mckinnons reception tds as well as rushing tds. Combining those murray STILL has more tds. And guess how many games mckinnon has 3 yards or less per carry? 6 games. Murray has 8 total (and 4 of those are with 10+ carries not 6, not sure where you got the 6 from). Its actually harder to keep a higher average with more carries since you arent fresh when u come in and take a beating more. So yes it is fair in that regard. And if mckinnon can make people miss so much why is his yards per carry not higher? Does he get the benefit of the doubt and murray doesnt? Again, you arent factoring in murray coming back from injury earlier on in the season, when he looked terrible. Most of the low ypc games are before week 7. Heís been on a tear the second half. And saying murray is the same as asiata i think is absurd to say the least. Mckinnon is good in the receiving/change of pace game and murray is the grinder/pass blocking/more touches type of guy. Watching him gash the defense this second half of the season and control drives is great for this team and mckinnon can come in and give him a blow when its needed. Zimmer obviously feels the same and thats why the touches ate divided as they are ...
    Last edited by Wolfpac_101; 12-24-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Murray has been great, i dont even really miss Cook.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Don't miss Cook? He's light-years better than Murray and McKinnon. I can't wait to get him back next year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Murray has been great, i dont even really miss Cook.

Well now i wouldnt go that far. I think cook is gonna be a superstar in this league and cannot WAIT to have him back, but im sure glad we signed murray because heís really helped our ground game and controlled drives for us now that heís finally healthy. I think people hate on him just to hate (kinda like what they do with keenum) because the name isnt sexy but watching the way our team has looked when murray is gashing the opponents and controlling the clock is a breath of fresh air this last half of the season. I simply donít agree with people that ignore the fact heís a big part of our offense now.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Don't miss Cook? He's light-years better than Murray and McKinnon. I can't wait to get him back next year.

I agree but our running game has been great. Its comparable to keenum/bradford. Keenums play has missing bradford alot less.

If you cant beat them, join them

Im actually including mckinnons reception tds as well as rushing tds. Combining those murray STILL has more tds. And guess how many games mckinnon has 3 yards or less per carry? 6 games. Murray has 8 total (and 4 of those are with 10+ carries not 6, not sure where you got the 6 from). Its actually harder to keep a higher average with more carries since you arent fresh when u come in and take a beating more. So yes it is fair in that regard. And if mckinnon can make people miss so much why is his yards per carry not higher? Does he get the benefit of the doubt and murray doesnt? Again, you arent factoring in murray coming back from injury earlier on in the season, when he looked terrible. Most of the low ypc games are before week 7. Heís been on a tear the second half. And saying murray is the same as asiata i think is absurd to say the least. Mckinnon is good in the receiving/change of pace game and murray is the grinder/pass blocking/more touches type of guy. Watching him gash the defense this second half of the season and control drives is great for this team and mckinnon can come in and give him a blow when its needed. Zimmer obviously feels the same and thats why the touches ate divided as they are ...
    Of course Murray is going to have more TDs heís the goal line back lol I also meant to say 4 yards per carry in my original post.

Zimmer wants our ground game to be physical. Ground and pound. Thatís why Murray gets more touches. Itís the same reason Asiata would receive more touches than McKinnon. Murray has been solid for he has been asked to do but if he doesnít get a hole he doesnít create anything on his own. Heís more athletic than Asiata but he does basically the same thing. He runs straight up and down and will only get what is blocked. Rarely do you see him provide any splash plays where he generates big yards on his own. I mean last night he couldnít shake Lenzy Pipkins in space to get in the end zone. Thatís my point. Cook or McKinnon more than likely make him miss because heís Lenzy Pipkins.

Iím not saying bench Murray or anything because his role is important to the offense but McKinnon is the better play maker. In between the 20s he should get more touches. He needs more touches in space. Screens, sweeps, swing passes. Especially considering our line is athletic. Get these guys in space.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Of course Murray is going to have more TDs heís the goal line back lol I also meant to say 4 yards per carry in my original post.

Zimmer wants our ground game to be physical. Ground and pound. Thatís why Murray gets more touches. Itís the same reason Asiata would receive more touches than McKinnon. Murray has been solid for he has been asked to do but if he doesnít get a hole he doesnít create anything on his own. Heís more athletic than Asiata but he does basically the same thing. He runs straight up and down and will only get what is blocked. Rarely do you see him provide any splash plays where he generates big yards on his own. I mean last night he couldnít shake Lenzy Pipkins in space to get in the end zone. Thatís my point. Cook or McKinnon more than likely make him miss because heís Lenzy Pipkins.

Iím not saying bench Murray or anything because his role is important to the offense but McKinnon is the better play maker. In between the 20s he should get more touches. He needs more touches in space. Screens, sweeps, swing passes. Especially considering our line is athletic. Get these guys in space.
    I think itís safe to say they each do what they do well, and they complement eachother nicely.

Carolina is losing in the 4th gentlemen. If this holds up we get that first round bye!

Aannnndddd tampa bay blew it ...

****ing Tampa. Outplayed Carolina big time but failed to score in the red zone too many times then give up the game with 30sec left. Smh

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast