Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Draft Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Analysts believe so, at least. Rosen has the tools to become a very effective pocket quarterback, and is likely the best bet to start day 1. His character is a bit of a concern, though, he has a way of speaking his mind people have been associated with not being a fit with NY media, there were rumors that some of his teammates don't like him and there was a situation created where reports started coming out about him not wanting to play in Cleveland if they were to take him #1.

As for Darnold, he has plenty of arm talent, he's more mobile, throws well on the run and is pretty good when plays break down and he needs to improvise. People fell in love with his leadership skills and the general consensus is he's very much a franchise QB material. However, he's been a little careless with the ball this year, and his mechanics are pretty concerning. He's generally regarded as a bit of a project rather than a day 1 starter, which is why most people think NY could be the right place for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I guess it depends on if the giants new front office and eventual new HC feel that they are. More so the FO, obviously. If so, I don't see how they can pass up such a chance. They never draft this high, Eli is 37.

Or, do they think Webb can be that guy?

Did the team ultimately not play Webb because they didn't want to show their hand on draft day? If Webb looked good/bad and the giants know he does or doesn't look good and the giants showed other teams his potential or lack of, it would tip their hand to their move on day 1 of the draft. I do feel this played into some of their decision not to play Webb as the season went on. But that's just my opinion.
    Well yeah those are the two main factors, I was just wondering whether you think they are talented enough? I don't watch college football so I don't know, but I don't think the Giants will go with Webb for years to come. Sure you show your hand, but if they really felt he might be their next QB they would've given him minutes I think. So either he's shown not enough yet or he's shown enough that he won't be the guy. Either way you draft a franchise QB if you get the chance.

And I agree, even though Eli is regressing I'm still convinced that with a solid offensive system and playbook we'd be able to roll with him 1 or maybe even 2 more years until the next QB is groomed...

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Whoever picked Jacobs....had an eye for talent.
    Ernie Accorsi .. That draft was just good Corey Webster with the 2nd round pick , Tuck in the 3rd and Jacobs in the 4th. He made the most out of only having 4 picks ..

If we select Barkley #2....Darwka, Perkins are gone IMO. We would have Barkley and Gallman .....and we need another big back like Jacobs for those short yardage runs... LOL Brandon Jacobs could run you over then break away for 30 yards on you with his speed....That was my boy.
    I love Jacobs but your memory seems to be on a highlight reel ..
    Jacobs broke 1000 Yds twice..
    Shane Vereen should be released...damn waste
    You don't released someone is a free agent
    Now if The browns select Barkley #1.....then I wouldn't mind trading #2 to stock pile some picks but we have to rape them pretty good....
    Really....
    Say Cleveland wants Mayfield #2 to go with Barkley #1....we would get Cleveland #4....there 2nd round and 3rd round picks and next years first round pick.....just saying we could pull a RGIII trade for a desperate football team...look at the Rams now.
    No....
    If your projecting the Browns Trade
    IT would be closer to the Bears-49ers Trade
    Which was The #2 Overall Pick for the 3rd..67th..111th.. and a 2018 3rd pick
    RG3 was the Redskins trading from 6th overall pick

Part of me really hopes we trade the pick and get a lot of assets. We are several players from contending so let's retool

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Part of me really hopes we trade the pick and get a lot of assets. We are several players from contending so let's retool
    A lot of this is maximized by poor QB play. If Giants beef up the line and take Rosen its a different story. You saw what the 49ers did once they had a QB. If the defense believes in the QB they will play harder. You could tell the defense didn't think they could win with Eli regardless of what they said.

Eli was bad because that offensive line was bad tho. And cause he had no receivers

I agree we wasted Vereen, but not if McDaniels comes. He knows how to use him

You talk about veeren like he is still on the roster..

Eli was not the issue this year.. look at the # of drops and who he had to throw too. Even the simple check down catches were dropped . Worst o line in the NFL ... we had two 3rd String players starting and a 2nd string Center . Most players on IR in the league again and We ended the year with WR from other Practice squads ..

We draft a QB we will make another David Carr..
    We need a successful draft. A Qb can wait you don't want to carry that much Cap space in a single spot with the Elite players we have coming up for resigning. To have Eli's contract a #2 overall pick and a 3rd round qb on the cap..

See if Webb is something.
    Build a mauling offensive line.
    Get a LB core who can tackle and play more than 8 games ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    You talk about veeren like he is still on the roster..

Eli was not the issue this year.. look at the # of drops and who he had to throw too. Even the simple check down catches were dropped . Worst o line in the NFL ... we had two 3rd String players starting and a 2nd string Center . Most players on IR in the league again and We ended the year with WR from other Practice squads ..

We draft a QB we will make another David Carr..
    We need a successful draft. A Qb can wait you don't want to carry that much Cap space in a single spot with the Elite players we have coming up for resigning. To have Eli's contract a #2 overall pick and a 3rd round qb on the cap..

See if Webb is something.
    Build a mauling offensive line.
    Get a LB core who can tackle and play more than 8 games ..
    No offense, I can tell you’re an older gentleman. Because Eli is never the problem to older guys. He can do no wrong

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    No offense, I can tell you’re an older gentleman. Because Eli is never the problem to older guys. He can do no wrong

"Older" Gentleman.. What age would that put me?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Last edited by eeek78; 01-08-2018 at 02:13 PM.

What do you guys think about trading down and drafting Connor Williams or Orlando Brown? Go all out to try and sign Norwell and bring back Pugh....move Flowers to RT. I feel the line would be vastly improved. We would get extra picks for the trade down, revamp the Oline and can always get a talented RB in round 2, maybe Love

It scary to plan on a rookie LT start again but I'd prefer this over drafting a QB with the 2nd. Depending on what we get . Guice is a viable rb might have to sneak back up to grab him but can run and catch and decent pass pro

This is just a thought for those of us that are hoping for Barkley to be the selection at #2. Wouldn't it make sense for Cleveland to draft Barkley at #1? They are picking again at #4. If they want a QB, one of Darnold, Rosen or Allen would still be there at #4. In this scenario they get the possible BPA and their possible franchise QB. I am thinking that trading down and stock piling picks may be the best option but do you think that someone falls in love with Barkley and we trade up? Its just a thought... I love the draft and I cannot wait to see who we select!

Quote Originally Posted by mightyplum View Post
    This is just a thought for those of us that are hoping for Barkley to be the selection at #2. Wouldn't it make sense for Cleveland to draft Barkley at #1? They are picking again at #4. If they want a QB, one of Darnold, Rosen or Allen would still be there at #4. In this scenario they get the possible BPA and their possible franchise QB. I am thinking that trading down and stock piling picks may be the best option but do you think that someone falls in love with Barkley and we trade up? Its just a thought... I love the draft and I cannot wait to see who we select!
    If Cleveland thinks that they found their QB of the future with either Allen, Rosen or Darnold and doesn’t want to risk losing him to the teams who are drafting at # 2 and #3 (i say “teams” because the Giants or Colts can trade down with a QB needy team), then they’ll select their QB with the first overall pick. Of course, the Browns can always select Barkley at #1 and then trade up with us.

I highly doubt our GM trades up to draft Barkley considering our Oline issues and question marks at other key positions. If anything, we might trade down to acquire more picks to address our roster needs.

Barkley is BPA. We should take him if he's available.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast