Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Questions

I think the Browns may just take Barkley 1st overall tbh and select baker Mayfield 4th. I like Mayfield a lot, he's very accurate, and is a winner. Idc about his size, look at drew brees and he does just fine.

I'd love if for some reason the browns traded with us to get the top 2 players and We get there 4th and what ever 2nd they want give over. Or something with the colts like the 49ers did last year 🤣🤣

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    The Giants need a lot of help in many areas....I don't see any one player early in this draft worth trading up for. When we drafted Eli in 04' I was in total agreement with that decision because I felt Eli could be a franchise QB.

I think if Barkely falls to us at #2, we should draft him. If the Browns take him first......then BAP after that.

I don't see a QB coming in right away and taking Eli's job from him because that's what it will take to get Eli from under center next year.

I had trouble excepting the new identity of a offensive minded football team but was willing to try and buy into it.....but it appears like DG wants to get back to LT, Strahan, Tuck , Osi days......I'm sure he's leaning towards drafting a DE first.

I'm beginning to want Barkley too, that is if he makes it past Cleveland with everything going on with Darnold and Rosen. I really like Gallman, but if we were to commit to a run-first type of offense, I would want a prospect like Barkley to become the featured back. I'm still very much intrigued of what kind of QB Josh Allen could develop into, but if they feel good about Eli playing for at least one more year, and Gettleman and the new staff like Webb enough to want to keep developing him, BPA at #2 (again, assuming he doesn't go to Cleveland before) should pretty easily be Barkley.

d

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I'm beginning to want Barkley too, that is if he makes it past Cleveland with everything going on with Darnold and Rosen. I really like Gallman, but if we were to commit to a run-first type of offense, I would want a prospect like Barkley to become the featured back. I'm still very much intrigued of what kind of QB Josh Allen could develop into, but if they feel good about Eli playing for at least one more year, and Gettleman and the new staff like Webb enough to want to keep developing him, BPA at #2 (again, assuming he doesn't go to Cleveland before) should pretty easily be Barkley.
    We have to get back to running the football. We were fun to watch with Jacobs, Ward and Bradshaw.

We need another Brandon Jacobs....but I think there is only one of those every 10 years or so.

Also, we have to get back to rushing the passer....to chase down, Dak and the ACL man in Philly. We need another LT, but those only come around once in a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    We have to get back to running the football. We were fun to watch with Jacobs, Ward and Bradshaw.

We need another Brandon Jacobs....but I think there is only one of those every 10 years or so.

Also, we have to get back to rushing the passer....to chase down, Dak and the ACL man in Philly. We need another LT, but those only come around once in a lifetime.
    This team absolutely needs to get back to smashmouth football. If we build this team through the trenches(which Gettleman is a firm believer of) weíll be good. Especially if a non-scrambling aging QB like Eli will be around next year, the first order of business in free agency should be to get some Oline help. The formula on both sides of the ball is simple: Run the ball to set up the pass, dominate time of possession, rush the QB.

As for the draft, if itís not Barkley, then letís at least get Bradley Chubb to boost our pass rush. Vernon and JPP havenít been consistent enough and are injury prone. Adding Chubb means having 3 good pass rushers which would be reminiscent of the JPP-Osi-Tuck days. Those 3 can be on the field at the same time or either one can come out to rest which would translate into using our DEs more efficiently and not exposing them to injuries by overusing them like we currently do.

I think that if we fix our Oline, another RB drafted after the first round like Rashaad Penny or Nick Chubb can be very successful in this offense.

I canít tell you enough how much i miss Jacobs. I wanted James Conner or Samaje Perine in last yearís draft because we needed a north-south type bruising RB who is hard to bring down and helps in short yardage situations . However, Gallman has surprised me and with an improved Oline, he can have a Tevin Coleman-like impact in both the running and passing game.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 01-03-2018 at 09:47 AM.

To have a Smash Mouth RB you need your line to get some type of push.. If your Big Back doesn't get a few steps in before contact you have no run game..

When Jacobs had his Two Good Season (1009yds & 1089yds) look who he ran behind
    David Diehl, Rich Seubert, Shaun O'Hara,Chris Snee, Kareem McKenzie
    Total Rushing Yards By Rb's
    2007:2076
    2008:2469
    Looks at our Rushers now
    2017:1481
    Darkwa is probably going to cash in and get a decent #2 Back Paycheck

We don't have big Maulers yet and Jacobs used to line up 7yds back to get that battering Ram going
    Remember Demarco with the Eagles they try to run him out of shotgun didn't work well..

Whoever picked Jacobs....had an eye for talent.

If we select Barkley #2....Darwka, Perkins are gone IMO. We would have Barkley and Gallman .....and we need another big back like Jacobs for those short yardage runs... LOL Brandon Jacobs could run you over then break away for 30 yards on you with his speed....That was my boy.

Shane Vereen should be released...damn waste

Now if The browns select Barkley #1.....then I wouldn't mind trading #2 to stock pile some picks but we have to rape them pretty good....

Say Cleveland wants Mayfield #2 to go with Barkley #1....we would get Cleveland #4....there 2nd round and 3rd round picks and next years first round pick.....just saying we could pull a RGIII trade for a desperate football team...look at the Rams now.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    If we select Barkley #2....Darwka, Perkins are gone IMO. We would have Barkley and Gallman .....and we need another big back like Jacobs for those short yardage runs... LOL Brandon Jacobs could run you over then break away for 30 yards on you with his speed....That was my boy.

Shane Vereen should be released...damn waste

Now if The browns select Barkley #1.....then I wouldn't mind trading #2 to stock pile some picks but we have to rape them pretty good....

Say Cleveland wants Mayfield #2 to go with Barkley #1....we would get Cleveland #4....there 2nd round and 3rd round picks and next years first round pick.....just saying we could pull a RGIII trade for a desperate football team...look at the Rams now.
    I don't think there's any realistic chance Cleveland trades with us like that. If they want Mayfield (or whatever QB), they like him enough to select him #1. As talented as Barkley is, there's no way they choose him 1st overall over any quarterback they feel can turn their franchise around.

Also, the RGIII trade has almost nothing to do with the state of the Rams franchise right now. The only two players that are still on roster (at least I believe they are the only two) are Brockers and Ogletree. Granted, one's their defensive captain and Brockers is a pretty solid player as well, but so much more has happened since then that the RGIII trade has almost no relevance anymore to Rams being what they are today.

Only viable trade options I could think of are the Jets, who may want to move ahead of Denver (and Cleveland's 4th), Washington, depending on what happens with Cousins, and Arizona, now that Palmer has retired. Ultimately, I think it depends on whether they believe we need an overhaul of the roster. Otherwise, I think it makes more sense to keep the #2 and draft either a better prospect to groom into Eli's heir, or BPA (which could really be Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick or Nelson).

I don't think there's any realistic chance Cleveland trades with us like that. If they want Mayfield (or whatever QB), they like him enough to select him #1. As talented as Barkley is, there's no way they choose him 1st overall over any quarterback they feel can turn their franchise around.

Also, the RGIII trade has almost nothing to do with the state of the Rams franchise right now. The only two players that are still on roster (at least I believe they are the only two) are Brockers and Ogletree. Granted, one's their defensive captain and Brockers is a pretty solid player as well, but so much more has happened since then that the RGIII trade has almost no relevance anymore to Rams being what they are today.

Only viable trade options I could think of are the Jets, who may want to move ahead of Denver (and Cleveland's 4th), Washington, depending on what happens with Cousins, and Arizona, now that Palmer has retired. Ultimately, I think it depends on whether they believe we need an overhaul of the roster. Otherwise, I think it makes more sense to keep the #2 and draft either a better prospect to groom into Eli's heir, or BPA (which could really be Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick or Nelson).
    My ideal draft would have the browns drafting a qb at 1 then trading their 4th pick and a 2nd to us for Barkley. We either draft Nelson at 4 or trade back with jets who want to jump ahead of denver. Iíd love to draft Nelson and get two extra 2nd rounders. With 3 2nd rounders we can pretty much re make our whole o line.

Both Darnold and Rosen officially declared for the Draft. Should be interesting.

Both Darnold and Rosen officially declared for the Draft. Should be interesting.
    Are they potential franchise QB's? Because if so, I don't think there's a way we can afford to not take one (even if we could really use an O-line).

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Are they potential franchise QB's? Because if so, I don't think there's a way we can afford to not take one (even if we could really use an O-line).
    I guess it depends on if the giants new front office and eventual new HC feel that they are. More so the FO, obviously. If so, I don't see how they can pass up such a chance. They never draft this high, Eli is 37.

Or, do they think Webb can be that guy?

Did the team ultimately not play Webb because they didn't want to show their hand on draft day? If Webb looked good/bad and the giants know he does or doesn't look good and the giants showed other teams his potential or lack of, it would tip their hand to their move on day 1 of the draft. I do feel this played into some of their decision not to play Webb as the season went on. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Analysts believe so, at least. Rosen has the tools to become a very effective pocket quarterback, and is likely the best bet to start day 1. His character is a bit of a concern, though, he has a way of speaking his mind people have been associated with not being a fit with NY media, there were rumors that some of his teammates don't like him and there was a situation created where reports started coming out about him not wanting to play in Cleveland if they were to take him #1.

As for Darnold, he has plenty of arm talent, he's more mobile, throws well on the run and is pretty good when plays break down and he needs to improvise. People fell in love with his leadership skills and the general consensus is he's very much a franchise QB material. However, he's been a little careless with the ball this year, and his mechanics are pretty concerning. He's generally regarded as a bit of a project rather than a day 1 starter, which is why most people think NY could be the right place for him.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast