Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Questions

If you watch the effect that guys like Gurley, Zeke, Kamara, Bell have on an offense, it makes Barkley that much more interesting. If the Giants truly like Webb, the answer could be to draft Barkley then fix the O line. That type of running game with ODB and Engram would be tough to deal with. This decision will be interesting.

Also, I looooooove Lamar Jackson. I honestly believe when its all said and done, he could be the best QB in this draft. Arm strength and athleticism is off the charts. A young Mike Vick!

Quote Originally Posted by NYG91 View Post
    If you watch the effect that guys like Gurley, Zeke, Kamara, Bell have on an offense, it makes Barkley that much more interesting. If the Giants truly like Webb, the answer could be to draft Barkley then fix the O line. That type of running game with ODB and Engram would be tough to deal with. This decision will be interesting.

Also, I looooooove Lamar Jackson. I honestly believe when its all said and done, he could be the best QB in this draft. Arm strength and athleticism is off the charts. A young Mike Vick!
    That is not a great endorsement . You probably like RG 3 also and Vince Young .

Lamar Jackson is better than Wilson , RG3 , Cam etc in college. He just has a trash team. Has the highest % of dropped passes. Dude can ball. Let him sit a year behind Eli and learn. Getting him rd 2, trading trading Rd1 seems like the best plan

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Lamar Jackson is better than Wilson , RG3 , Cam etc in college. He just has a trash team. Has the highest % of dropped passes. Dude can ball. Let him sit a year behind Eli and learn. Getting him rd 2, trading trading Rd1 seems like the best plan
    He probably will not last until Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by NYG91 View Post

All are Very Good/ Great Backs but
    Zeke: Best Run Blocking O-Line in the League
    Bell: Almost never sees a 8 man box and Highly Under rated O Line, To Run the Style he runs he needs time
    Kamara: Schemed to work (Looks at Ingram Too)
    Gurley: May have the most creative HC in the league

Our OC's have not been creative enough.. The fact that McAdoos first season as hc we ran basically the same formation 90+% of the time is outrageous .. We have never Used Shane Vereen in an effective way

Our O line can't Run Power Plays...
    They can't get out of there own way.
    A RB in the top 3 would not be a good use we don't have enough to make him successful

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    All are Very Good/ Great Backs but
    Zeke: Best Run Blocking O-Line in the League
    Bell: Almost never sees a 8 man box and Highly Under rated O Line, To Run the Style he runs he needs time
    Kamara: Schemed to work (Looks at Ingram Too)
    Gurley: May have the most creative HC in the league

Our OC's have not been creative enough.. The fact that McAdoos first season as hc we ran basically the same formation 90+% of the time is outrageous .. We have never Used Shane Vereen in an effective way

Our O line can't Run Power Plays...
    They can't get out of there own way.
    A RB in the top 3 would not be a good use we don't have enough to make him successful
    Sometimes you are just that good that you can make your offenive line look better than it really is....see Barry Sanders and OJ Simpson, neither of whom had ALL Pro OLs. I am not comparing Barkley with either and from what I read about Gettleman he is a big believer in the Bill Parcell's theory of big , brutal OL and DL, so I would not be surprised to see Gettleman trading down to get the likes of Brown from Oklahoma, Williams from Texas or the 2 linemen from Notre Dame and rolling the vdice with Manning and Webb. That said though if he feels that he has the chance to draft the future QB of the future for the Giants then it is imperative that he hire as a HC an offensive minded guy who can mentor and develop the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Sometimes you are just that good that you can make your offenive line look better than it really is....see Barry Sanders and OJ Simpson neither of whom had ALL Pro OLs. I am not comparing Barkley with either
    You just listed IMO 2 of the Top 5 RB's of all time.
    If you think there is a RB in this draft that could even Sniff the top 5 ... Give the entire draft then.
    AP was amazing for the Vikings and he made his O line look better than they were. AP made a Guy miss at the line almost every runplay they did it so often they schemed the run game that way.

and from what I read about Gettleman he is a big believer in the Bill Parcell's theory of big , brutal OL and DL, so I would not be surprised to see Gettleman trading down to get the likes of Brown from Oklahoma, Williams from Texas or the 2 linemen from Notre Dame and rolling the vdice with Manning and Webb.
    Gettleman wants to get the Lines established.
    He mentioned that in his press conference

I want to trade back a handful of spots and pick up AT LEAST an early 2nd round pick
    and Draft a Tackle ( The FA Guard From Car i can see landing in NY Norwell )

That said though if he feels that he has the chance to draft the future QB of the future for the Giants then it is imperative that he hire as a HC an offensive minded guy who can mentor and develop the QB.
    I don't believe you need an OC to groom a QB.. It's who you have at OC or QB coach and the time you give them.
    You need to give your QB reps and good reps ... IF webb does play sunday chances are Flower is going to get him de-cleated . Webb will see front side pressure take 2 steps to many backwards flowers will get beat of the line and we will have a rookie qb looking through his ear hole

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    A watched the top QB draft prospects in their bowl games.....not impressed. We'll see what Baker Mayfield do Monday. Josh Allen and Sam Darnold need to stay in school another year. Josh Rosen didn't have to ball to play so couldn't evaluate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    A watched the top QB draft prospects in their bowl games.....not impressed. We'll see what Baker Mayfield do Monday. Josh Allen and Sam Darnold need to stay in school another year. Josh Rosen didn't have to ball to play so couldn't evaluate him.
    Yes if we go QB I want Mayfield

Darnold looks like heíll be a turnover machine in the NFL. I watched him in a few games this year and i saw a lot of Blake Bortles in him.

I'm not overly impressed with the QB draft class this yr, and I think we should just suck it up and finally get a stud OL with the number 2 pick. So many good prospects on the line this yr: Mcglinchey, Nelson, Williams, Brown....id pick one of these guys over any of the QBs. I like Barkley, but teams have been finding success with RBs in later rounds: Leveon Bell, Kamara, David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Freeman, Hyde, and McCoy were all drafted after the 1st round....Zeke, Fournette, Gurley, and Gordon are all great, but we must build a line to have a RB actually find holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    You just listed IMO 2 of the Top 5 RB's of all time.
    If you think there is a RB in this draft that could even Sniff the top 5 ... Give the entire draft then.
    AP was amazing for the Vikings and he made his O line look better than they were. AP made a Guy miss at the line almost every runplay they did it so often they schemed the run game that way.

Gettleman wants to get the Lines established.
    He mentioned that in his press conference

I want to trade back a handful of spots and pick up AT LEAST an early 2nd round pick
    and Draft a Tackle ( The FA Guard From Car i can see landing in NY Norwell )

I don't believe you need an OC to groom a QB.. It's who you have at OC or QB coach and the time you give them.
    You need to give your QB reps and good reps ... IF webb does play sunday chances are Flower is going to get him de-cleated . Webb will see front side pressure take 2 steps to many backwards flowers will get beat of the line and we will have a rookie qb looking through his ear hole
    Flowers is not playing Sunday. He and Hart packed up their things . Hart was cut, Flowers not. The spin is that he has an ankle injury .

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    I'm not overly impressed with the QB draft class this yr, and I think we should just suck it up and finally get a stud OL with the number 2 pick. So many good prospects on the line this yr: Mcglinchey, Nelson, Williams, Brown....id pick one of these guys over any of the QBs. I like Barkley, but teams have been finding success with RBs in later rounds: Leveon Bell, Kamara, David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Freeman, Hyde, and McCoy were all drafted after the 1st round....Zeke, Fournette, Gurley, and Gordon are all great, but we must build a line to have a RB actually find holes.
    If weíre going for a LT, it should be via trade or free agency. We canít keep drafting LTs (much less with the 2nd overall puck) hoping to find our franchise tackle. Too many tackles are drafted in the first round and never pan
    out or become guards or backup tackles. If Eli is our QB next year, we owe it to him to at least protect his blindside with a proven veteran LT. We donít know for how long heíll be a Giant, but for the time being we canít gamble on drafting another tackle. I understand if we had 2 first round picks(ex: trading with BUF and thus acquiring their other 1st round pick) then i would agree that we can spend our other pick on a tackle like Mcglinchey who i really like but not at # 2 overall. Although out of all the Olinemen in this draft, Quenton Nelson is the one i prefer the most and he looks to me like the most NFL ready lineman. But once again, if you intend to use the 2nd overall pick, youíre expecting a surefire excellent player/elite contributor/ future probowler type. Nelson looks like the real deal and he would be perfect for us IF we had an extra first round selection which can always happen. And If we acquire a LT prior to the draft and donít intend on trading down, then itís hard not to select Barkley because of his versatility and skillset. We can always select a tackle in the 2nd round, and guys like Connor Williams or Martinas Rankin might be available.

I agree that there are other RBs we can draft after round 1(Penny, Chubb, Freeman to name a few), but Barkley is a complete back who runs hard between the tackles, is incredibly shifty and has elite breakaway speed. He does a good job in pass protection and is the best receiving back in the draft. Itís not for nothing that scouts and analysts are calling him a generational player and the best RB prospect since adrian peterson. I hope that we fix our Oline issues before the draft because i donít want to go another year with question marks at the LT position during the draft. There were games where Penn Stateís Oline was horrible in run blocking and Barkley was still very impressive running hard and breaking tackles.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 12-31-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I think if we pass on Saquon Barkley, it would be a huge mistake.

I think if we pass on Saquon Barkley, it would be a huge mistake.
    I agree. Do you think the Browns would trade with us for their number 4 pick plus their number 2 especially if they want Barkley because the Colts might take him with the number 3 pick ?.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast