Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Questions

To be honest, I think Webb's ceiling is on par with someone like say, Nick Foles. I don't know if he is a franchise QB. I guess we'll never know for sure unless he gets the chance, but I think that's the type of talent he has. Obviously with QB's it's tough because so much of the game is mental.

But if you were watching his highlights and you think his raw talent is comparable to Darnold, I don't know what you are watching.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-22-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    To be honest, I think Webb's ceiling is on par with someone like say, Nick Foles. I don't know if he is a franchise QB. I guess we'll never know for sure unless he gets the chance, but I think that's the type of talent he has. Obviously with QB's it's tough because so much of the game is mental.

But if you were watching his highlights and you think his raw talent is comparable to Darnold, I don't know what you are watching.
    Webb in a drew Bledsoe clone. Darnold has a lot of mobility. Can run an option. We can finally implement a QB sneak in our offense. I just don't trust his arm strength some reason. And he doesn't throw spirals when going deep

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    If you love Barkley, you'll love Rashaad Penny from SDSU more in the mid rounds.
    I don't get the love for Penny. There are usually mid round prospects that I understand people labeling underrated, and there are some for next year too, but I don't really see anything special with Penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I don't get the love for Penny. There are usually mid round prospects that I understand people labeling underrated, and there are some for next year too, but I don't really see anything special with Penny.
    He checks all boxes. 5'11-6'0, 220. Blocks, speed, catches. Never caught from behind. Everything Barkley does at a latter round. Barkley never performs vs real comp. so they basically face the same comp
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 12-24-2017 at 02:20 AM.

He checks all boxes. 5'11-6'0, 220. Blocks, speed, catches. Never caught from behind. Everything Barkley does at a latter round. Barkley never performs vs real comp. so they basically face the same comp
    You can't really just say he does everything Barkley does, given how one of them is considered to be a pretty much once in a generation type of talent, labeled by plenty a better prospect than say, Fournette, Cook, Gurley or Zeke were in recent years. He's an athletic freak, the equivalent of, I don't know, a Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones for the RB position, and if there was a close comparison to be made between him and a mid round prospect, we wouldn't be talking about that guy as a mid round prospect in the first place.

I'm not that familiar with what it is real competition at the college level because except for Draft season, I don't really follow it that closely. I know I've loved Barkley, and wondered how would he look like in the future as a Giant, ever since I was watching Ohio St. prospects his freshman year and he just looked like something else against that defense. I know he also put up a solid performance last year in the Rose Bowl.

LE: Also, I'll admit that I've watched some more of him, and I have to say I'm a bit intrigued and he's better than I originally thought him to be, but I still think the comparison between him and Barkley is a huge stretch.
    Last edited by Andrei00; 12-24-2017 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    You can't really just say he does everything Barkley does, given how one of them is considered to be a pretty much once in a generation type of talent, labeled by plenty a better prospect than say, Fournette, Cook, Gurley or Zeke were in recent years. He's an athletic freak, the equivalent of, I don't know, a Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones for the RB position, and if there was a close comparison to be made between him and a mid round prospect, we wouldn't be talking about that guy as a mid round prospect in the first place.

I'm not that familiar with what it is real competition at the college level because except for Draft season, I don't really follow it that closely. I know I've loved Barkley, and wondered how would he look like in the future as a Giant, ever since I was watching Ohio St. prospects his freshman year and he just looked like something else against that defense. I know he also put up a solid performance last year in the Rose Bowl.

LE: Also, I'll admit that I've watched some more of him, and I have to say I'm a bit intrigued and he's better than I originally thought him to be, but I still think the comparison between him and Barkley is a huge stretch.
    The difference in hype in one goes to PennState and the other was a walk on at San Diego state. Even if Penny is a slightly lesser talent, it's a better pick in rd3. With that all said I'm a Barkley fan too. I would hate taking him that high the same I did Engram but I'd get over it knowing the talent

The difference in hype in one goes to PennState and the other was a walk on at San Diego state. Even if Penny is a slightly lesser talent, it's a better pick in rd3. With that all said I'm a Barkley fan too. I would hate taking him that high the same I did Engram but I'd get over it knowing the talent
    I'm not saying that doesn't play a hand in it, but the main reason for it is just because Barkley is that freakish of an athlete and that talented. For example, I've seen Matt Miller calling Penny an 'underrated superstar' for a while now, but he still doesn't have him in his latest top 32, while 5 other RBs (including Barkley at #1) do make that list.

Also, I'm not arguing drafting Barkley here, necessarily. I've mentioned a bunch of times that if I had it my way, I really would draft Allen, and add a RB in the 3rd-4th (there are a few I like I guess would be available), but I do believe Barkley is 100% worth the hype and ultimately, if the future coaching staff/front office feel confident enough building around Webb, I definitely wouldn't mind him in the 1st round. Personally, I don't think he makes it past IND though (assuming they will end up picking ahead of us and will choose not to trade down).

I donít know what our first round selection will be,i mean you have the QBs, Barkley, Brad Chubb, etc and trading down is always a possibility, but i was watching Anthony Miller highlights the other day and i think he can become a force in our passing offense. I hate comparing prospects to the best players in the league(i prefer finding a 2nd or 3rd year pro to compare them with) but heís like a Antonio Brown-Steve Smith Sr. hybrid. He lines up everywhere, fights for the ball, is a great route runner and catches just about any pass even those outside his frame.

If he does well at the combine and comes with no red flags, i would strongly consider him for our 2nd round pick, especially if we trade down in round 1 and acquire a 2nd round pick which allows us to select a playmaker like Miller. Of course, if we do go WR in round 2, wouldnít be a bad idea to snag a bigger wideout like Courtland Sutton, if he falls to us. Heís basically a Martavis Bryant clone.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 12-26-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    I donít know what our first round selection will be,i mean you have the QBs, Barkley, Brad Chubb, etc and trading down is always a possibility, but i was watching Anthony Miller highlights the other day and i think he can become a force in our passing offense. I hate comparing prospects to the best players in the league(i prefer finding a 2nd or 3rd year pro to compare them with) but heís like a Antonio Brown-Steve Smith Sr. hybrid. He lines up everywhere, fights for the ball, is a great route runner and catches just about any pass even those outside his frame.

If he does well at the combine and comes with no red flags, i would strongly consider him for our 2nd round pick, especially if we trade down in round 1 and acquire a 2nd round pick which allows us to select a playmaker like Miller. Of course, if we do go WR in round 2, wouldnít be a bad idea to snag a bigger wideout like Courtland Sutton, if he falls to us. Heís basically a Martavis Bryant clone.
    No way in heck do we go WR rd1. Especially with this crop

No way in heck do we go WR rd1. Especially with this crop
    I never said round 1. I said i would strongly consider him with our 2nd ROUND pick. For the record, i want Bradley Chubb in round 1.

The first sentence of my post was just to say that we donít know who our 1st rounder will be but regarding our 2nd round pick, Miller is an intriguing player who i would consider. Heís not a big wideout, his measurables are similar to Sterling Shepard. One of the things going against him is that he plays in a pass-happy spread offense at Memphis in the American Athletic Conference so he doesnít go up against much heralded defenses like in the SEC, ACC or Big10. In fact, he plays in the same conference as Courtland Sutton who plays at SMU.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 12-26-2017 at 03:10 PM.

This Sunday's game is an important one for us. If we win and the Colts lose, we drop to the 3rd pick. The 2nd pick is more vauable. We could trade down with the Browns and get the 5th pick plus more. If Bucs and Colts keep their picks, neither would draft a QB . That said they probably also would trade down with the Jets or the Broncos .

If only we could solve our OL in FA I would draft Barkley with the 2nd pick. See what Turley and Elliot do for their offenses. Barkley as a RB and a threat as a receiver out of the backfield to go along with Beckham and company could be devastating.

WHAT IF
    Dave Gettleman became the General Manager for the NYG..
    His old Co-Worker and Current Buffalo GM Brandon Beane calls
    They want a QB.. They will do what it takes to get the next "Jim Kelly"
    So Beane Says
    2018: (Picks Subject to Change for playoffs)
    1st Round:18th & 25th
    2nd Round: 50th & 60th
    3rd Round : 96th
    CB: Tre'Davious White

In Return
    2018: 2nd Overall Pick (Franchise QB)
    CB: Eli Apple
    RB: Perkins

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    WHAT IF
    Dave Gettleman became the General Manager for the NYG..
    His old Co-Worker and Current Buffalo GM Brandon Beane calls
    They want a QB.. They will do what it takes to get the next "Jim Kelly"
    So Beane Says
    2018: (Picks Subject to Change for playoffs)
    1st Round:18th & 25th
    2nd Round: 50th & 60th
    3rd Round : 96th
    CB: Tre'Davious White

In Return
    2018: 2nd Overall Pick (Franchise QB)
    CB: Eli Apple
    RB: Perkins
    I would say: Get 'em, Gettleman.

For the record, I highly doubt anyone trades for Eli Crapple.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I would say: Get 'em, Gettleman.

For the record, I highly doubt anyone trades for Eli Crapple.
    The Eli Apple part is more so the Giants removing him from the locker room and White can play both inside and out both were a 1st round pick so the Cap hit evens out.
    Im sure they could get more picks then what i listed but White being worth more than a 1st rounder apple will give buffalo depth at CB and they can cut him after a year

So we have the GM now . Where is G with the Thread haha now pull the trade off !!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast