Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97

Thread: Draft Questions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,450

    Draft Questions

    I am asking these to those on the Board who have more knowledge than I do about the Draft.

    If the Colts and Giants finish with the same record, 3-13 who would draft 2nd?

    If the Giants win their next 2 games, which is possible and finish 4-12 they could conceivably be tied with the Bears, Tampa Bay, and Houston ( if those 3 teams lose their final 2 games ) , would the Giants draft ahead of them or behind them ? If the answer is the latter , the Giants could fall to the 6th pick.

    If you had the choice, would you draft a QB like Darnald, Rosen , Allen etc. or would you draft Barkley from Penn State or the Pass rusher from NC STATE ?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,846
    Overall ties are then broken by strength of schedule, which is a calculation of the combined record of all of a team's opponents in that year, with divisional opponents counting twice.

    The next tie breaker would be record against conference opponents and then divisional opponents.

    Coin flip will occur if tie still exists

    After the first round, the order is determined by revolving the teams with the same records, with the team that just picked first of the group picking last in the next round.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post

    If you had the choice, would you draft a QB like Darnald, Rosen , Allen etc. or would you draft Barkley from Penn State or the Pass rusher from NC STATE ?

    Thank you
    If we acquire a LT prior to the draft, then i would be fine with Barkley. If we donít, then i like Bradley Chubb. Having three solid pass rushers is something we havenít had in a while and will greatly benefit the rest of our D, especially our secondary. Just look at the teams that have a great defensive unit, they all have multiple productive pass rushers (JAX, HOU, etc)who can get to the QB. I want us to emulate JAXís team, good ole smashmouth football with a front four capable of getting to the QB.

    Of course lots of things can happen between now and draft day that might affect where each player gets drafted(injuries, off the field issues, combine results, etc.)

    Would also like for us to draft a LB in this draft(as soon as the 2nd round). Someone like Micah Kiser or even Josey Jewell would be nice.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 12-19-2017 at 01:40 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,820
    Regardless of what we do in the FA, right now Josh Allen is the guy I'd like to pick up in the 1st.

    If I had it my way, I'd do something like sign Zach Brown to a 2-3 year contract, draft Allen in the 1st, Martinas Rankin in the 2nd, Nick Chubb (would complement Gallman best, but really there could be 2-3 other good choices if he's gone) in the 3rd. Add a couple of CBs in the mid-round range. If we were to let Marshall go, I wouldn't mind a Paul Richardson or Pryor in the FA.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    12,745
    Tie breaker goes to Indy due to strength of schedule

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    12,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Regardless of what we do in the FA, right now Josh Allen is the guy I'd like to pick up in the 1st.

    If I had it my way, I'd do something like sign Zach Brown to a 2-3 year contract, draft Allen in the 1st, Martinas Rankin in the 2nd, Nick Chubb (would complement Gallman best, but really there could be 2-3 other good choices if he's gone) in the 3rd. Add a couple of CBs in the mid-round range. If we were to let Marshall go, I wouldn't mind a Paul Richardson or Pryor in the FA.
    I love Chubb
    Also the other Chubb(brad) idky we're not hearing his name for our top pick. JPP n Vernon have no showed. Both are currently overpaid like a mofo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,820
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I love Chubb
    Also the other Chubb(brad) idky we're not hearing his name for our top pick. JPP n Vernon have no showed. Both are currently overpaid like a mofo
    Yeah, Bradley's real good. I'd love to add some young talent behind JPP and Vernon too, especially someone like Chubb, but that's a luxury I don't think we can afford right now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Tie breaker goes to Indy due to strength of schedule
    So we have to lose both games to insure the 2nd pick. The Colts will not pick a QB but probably will trade down to get OL help or they could take Barkley.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    So we have to lose both games to insure the 2nd pick. The Colts will not pick a QB but probably will trade down to get OL help or they could take Barkley.
    I see them taking Either the Tackle from Texas or Notre Dame at 2 or a trade down but not out of the top 7

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    I see them taking Either the Tackle from Texas or Notre Dame at 2 or a trade down but not out of the top 7
    Either one would be a reach for the number 2 pick. I would rather them go with Barkley and get a LT in FA . I know that our OL is not like Dallas or I guess the Rams, but if we could shore it up, you see what a difference maker Gurley and Elliot make. Barkley would do the same for the Giants .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    29,616
    If we decide to go for a QB, I actually prefer Darnold to Rosen. I think Darnold has the higher upside and has shown he can make plays while under duress.

    If we don't go QB, the options are to either draft Barkley who is considered the best overall player and fits a team need or we should trade down and try to get a team to overpay for Darnold/Rosen. If we could get an extra 1st rounder next season and still stay in the top 10 that would be ideal. We could take one of the OT's from Texas/Notre Dame or the really good OG from Notre Dame. Then with the 2nd pick of round 2, we could take a corner, double up with another O-lineman, or go with a RB. Hell, even that 3rd round pick could get us a legit prospect. So yeah, I'm all for the idea of trading down, getting an extra 1st for next year, and rebuilding the O-line with the extra picks.

    If another team in the top 10 is starving for a franchise QB and has their eyes set on Darnold/Rosen, I'm all for making that trade. Judging from past seasons, teams are willing to pay a large sum for a QB in the draft. We could get an extra 1st rounder for next year and perhaps another pick as well maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round.

    I'm a fan of Darnold, but I'm not against these other options at all. These QB's do have a chance to be really good, but they aren't flawless either. I think of guys like Darnold and Rosen in the same vein as the type of prospects that Winston, Ryan, and Stafford were. I don't dislike them, but I also don't think it's a bad idea to take best player available (Barkley IMO) or trade down to collect extra picks and rebuild the biggest weakness of our team (O-line). It might make more sense to rebuild the O-line before we take our next franchise QB.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-21-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    29,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Either one would be a reach for the number 2 pick. I would rather them go with Barkley and get a LT in FA . I know that our OL is not like Dallas or I guess the Rams, but if we could shore it up, you see what a difference maker Gurley and Elliot make. Barkley would do the same for the Giants .
    The argument against that is our O-line sucks and by taking Barkley in the 1st round, we would probably have to rely heavily on FA to build our O-line. Also another argument against Barkley is that this RB class is considered to be really deep and you could probably get a potential impact RB in the 2nd or even 3rd round.

    But I do really like Barkley and think he's a difference maker. If the Giants can re-sign Pugh and also sign a competent LT, maybe our O-line could make significant strides. We can move Flowers to guard and/or draft an O-lineman with our 2nd round pick too. This might be the best "win-now" plan. Barkley is the most likely candidate in this draft to make an immediate impact on day one and with the addition of a competent LT via FA, our O-line could be respectable enough to allow Barkley to show his immense talent.

    The Rams and Vikings both used FA to build their O-line significantly last offseason. Maybe we try to do the same. We still have Eli and with even an average O-line and talented players like Barkley, Odell, Engram, and Shepard... it could be a pretty quick offensive turnaround. The coach will matter a lot too obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    12,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    The argument against that is our O-line sucks and by taking Barkley in the 1st round, we would probably have to rely heavily on FA to build our O-line. Also another argument against Barkley is that this RB class is considered to be really deep and you could probably get a potential impact RB in the 2nd or even 3rd round.

    But I do really like Barkley and think he's a difference maker. If the Giants can re-sign Pugh and also sign a competent LT, maybe our O-line could make significant strides. We can move Flowers to guard and/or draft an O-lineman with our 2nd round pick too. This might be the best "win-now" plan. Barkley is the most likely candidate in this draft to make an immediate impact on day one and with the addition of a competent LT via FA, our O-line could be respectable enough to allow Barkley to show his immense talent.

    The Rams and Vikings both used FA to build their O-line significantly last offseason. Maybe we try to do the same. We still have Eli and with even an average O-line and talented players like Barkley, Odell, Engram, and Shepard... it could be a pretty quick offensive turnaround. The coach will matter a lot too obviously.
    If you love Barkley, you'll love Rashaad Penny from SDSU more in the mid rounds.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,105
    I've been watching a lot highlights of Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, Rudolph, and Jackson because everyone has been saying Giants are going to draft a QB. But I looked up Webb's highlights and they're comparable to me to all the others. I personally love Jackson Mayfield and Darnold in that order, but Davis Webb looked pretty damn good in college and after a solid year of learning from Eli, I really think they'll be going elsewhere at 2. Only thing changing that would be new GM and new coach wanting to pick their guy.

    Best option for the Giants in my opinion is 100% trading down to a team that wants either of the top QB's and draft a solid left tackle and get another 2nd this year and a 1st next year. A lot of people have been knocking on Barkley recently, but the idea of Webb, Barkley, Odell, Shepard and Engram as our core on offense sounds incredible to me. Spend more $$ than they did to help out the defense a few years ago on the O line this offseason and they are seriously set.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnPxCRvJhvQ

    I love the throw 50 seconds in off his back foot 40+ yards for a TD. We very well could already have a stud QB waiting for his chance

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Either one would be a reach for the number 2 pick. I would rather them go with Barkley and get a LT in FA . I know that our OL is not like Dallas or I guess the Rams, but if we could shore it up, you see what a difference maker Gurley and Elliot make. Barkley would do the same for the Giants .
    Still need someone to open up the holes and need someone to protect the QB..Really on the blind side.
    If we go with Jones at Center going forward we need to adopt a Zone / Trap Game which would work the the type of TE's. Gallman Fits the Zone style.
    Gallman follows blocks decent but in a zone scheme he just needs one cut back lane and he could be dangerous.
    Darkwa fits a with a Trap style.
    Darkwa runs down hill full speed every run, he'll never be a 20+ carry for 16 games back because of build but he is a really nice 1/2 punch
    We don't run power plays very well our Line isn't mobile enough and the Backs vision is poor.
    Perkins tip toes to much he thinks he can mimic the Bell style of run.

    Eli can Step up in the pocket when the Guards play well and the tackles lack
    Eli can Side step either way when one side is strong than the other
    But if he can't do either because the pocket collapses and we have Lineman not picking up Delayed rushers.. just adding a RB isn't enough.

    Zeke runs behind the best O-Line
    Best Center .. Best Guard .. Top 3 LT (Injuries knocking him) at RT La'el Collins can Run Block
    Can not Compare our run game to many
    Barry Sanders would barley break 1200 yards.. There are plenty of times our line has stopped on the field and basically caused the tackle.. For a while we didn't even push the pile. Spags has them playing with more energy.

    I will say though this last game i saw something that i dont recall seeing from the Giants in a long time
    We ran Screen plays to the Left

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •