Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    If Downing isn't fired this offseason, **** the Raiders, **** the NFL, Fight On USC.
    Should have been done 8 weeks ago. Better late than never....I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Should have been done 8 weeks ago. Better late than never....I hope.
    The only way Downing survives is if Mark is satisfied with the team's performance this year. In that very sad scenario, the same coaching staff comes back next season. (Of course, we fans would stage an uprising and storm the castle, killing everyone...so maybe even then TD is gone. ) There will almost certainly be change. If JDR keeps his job, he'll need to fire Downing. (See JDR's track record at Jacksonville) If Mark decides to clean house, JDR and TD would be gone...along with a lot of other guys.

Its going to be an interesting offseason.

My #1 priority is to hammer out free agent deals for both Khalil Mack AND Navarro Bowman. Those are 2 key cogs to the Raiders defense.

As for the draft:

Round 1: CB
    Round 2: MLB
    Round 3: DT
    Round 4: Slot WR (I wish we never let Jaydon Mickens get away).
    Round 5: Swing tackle - Project and depth

Im not concerned with drafting a RB as we have the banger, the young kid out of UNC as a default power back.

We should have quite a few compensatory picks. The draft will be fun in the later rounds.

Sucks for Carr. He'll have another year of learning a new offense under a new coordinator. This will be an important hire. Im glad Im not making this decision. Its a huge one.

Sucks were talking offseason with 2 games to go. With that being said, I want to see Luani at safety, the big LT we drafted out of Florida play...Basically give our depth players a chance to prove themselves and show some hunger.

Raiders Mock 2018 Offseason

This is going to be my complete mock of what our 2018 offseason may look like. I won't be going over the coaching situation so just assume the coaching situation is whatever best pleases you.

Raiders 2018 Free Agents: (via overthecap.com)

Overall the list of Raiders free agents aren't that impressive. Aldon Smith who is at the top of the list isn't actually a free agent has he will not have incurred a year of play. Raiders will likely let most of these guys walk. A few players the Raiders will have interest in Resigning are Autry, Bowman, TJ Carrie. They will also bring several Exclusive Rights free agents back in Calhoun, Kirkland, Cowser, and Tavecchio. Not saying these ERFAís are going to make the roster but they will likely all be brought back to our 90 man roster.

Raiders 2018 Current Cap Space: (via overthecap.com)

[CENTER]
    The Raiders currently sit at 21.8M in cap for next season. This total does not include any potential cuts the Raiders will likely make. This puts us at 23rd in total cap space before any changes are made. This does not give the Raiders a lot of room to work with and improve our roster but this will improve after our rosters changes.

Raider Mock 2018 cuts:
    Now we will go on to the mock offseason part where I make actual projections and contracts to build our 2018 roster.

Sean Smith CB- Raiders signed Sean Smith to a 4 year 38M contract in March of 2016. Sean Smith has failed to live up to expectations since signing this deal. Part of this in on coaching but you can clearly see a decline in ability over the last two seasons. With Oakland parting ways with Sean Smith it opens up 8.5M in cap with no dead money.(new cap total:30.3M)

David Amerson CB- Raiders had picked up Amerson off the waiver wire in 2015. After the season he signed a 4 year 33M contract. Amerson has been very inconsistent player for the Raiders. He has been a top 5 player in pass deflections the past few season but has given up too many big plays. This season Amerson has missed a good portion of the season due to a concussion. There is a good chance Amerson is brought back but in this mock the Raiders let him go opening up 6M in cap space with no dead cap.( new cap total:36.3M)

Marshawn Lynch RB- This one is going to be more controversial. When used correctly he has played fairley well for us but is still hasn't put up numbers equal to what he is getting paid. An improved OC may fix this issue but thats still unknown for sure whether it will or not. Raiders will likely go after another young RB to pair with Washington and Richard in the draft. Lynchís contract is very incentive base but does have a base contract of 6M with no dead cap. ( new cap total: 42.3M)

Those are going to be the 3 main players cut in my mock offseason. There are a few others the Raiders may look at but they still put in this mock. If this mock would of been done 3 or 4 weeks ago Bruce Irvin likely would of been on this list. Over the last month though under Pagano Bruce Irvin has played extremely well. It is clear that Irvin can and will succeed in Oakland as long as we have a DC that can put in the in the right position to succeed. I know there are some out there that want Donald Penn cut as well but he continues to play well overall as shown by his Pro Bowl invite. Raiders did draft David Shape to be his successor and if Sharpe dominates in has last two games maybe the Raiders will look to move on.

Raiders Free agent Re-signings:

NaVorro Bowman ILB 3 year 18M- Since joining the Raiders Bowman has been the leader of our defense. He has called our plays and made audibles as needed. He has given us the veteran presence at middle linebacker that the Raiders have been looking for for a long time now. Bowmanís contract with the 49ers was just over 10M per season. I dont see him hitting that amount again. Bowman receiving a 6M per year average would still put him 8th overall in per year total at the ILB position.I believe this would we a fair value. (cap remaining: 36.3M)

TJ Carrie 2 year 8M- Carrie has been up and down for the Raiders. It is possible the Raiders let him walk in free agency but after cutting Amerson and Smith in this mock the Raiders may look to bring him back. At 4M per season it puts him in the Orlando Scandrick Captain Munnerlyn range as far as CBs go which would be a good range with Carrie. It gives him a pay raise over his 571k contract and is a short enough contract where he can still earn a big contract should he out perform this deal. ( cap remaining: 32.3M)

Denico Autry 2 year 6M- Denico Autry has shown he can be a good rotational defensive end/ defensive tackle. Autry is a player who its hard to say what his value may look at going into this offseason. I put his deal similar to what Ex Raider Benson Mayowa received back in 2016. At 3m a year it is worth bring Autry back. ( 29.3M remaining)

As stated above they will likely bring back their ERFA players back as well but those are 500k cap players only the top 51 players count against the cap. Raiders Aldon Smith isn't a FA but I also am not counting him against our cap either since he is still suspended. The Raiders are also going to look to extend Khalil Mack during this offseason. Similar to the Derek Carr extension I see them keeping cap room this season. With that said even if they resign Khalil Mack I don't see them effecting his cap this year since his contract for the 2018 season is already 13.8M.

Raiders NFL Free agent signings:

When it comes to free agency the Raiders aren't likely going to get a big name player. They will likely go after several mid level players who they feel are going to help our roster. As much as I would like to go after players like Demarcus Lawrence or a Trumaine Johnson just don't see them spending most of their available cap on a either of them. Keep that in mind when I do these signings that even though they would be big adds and a need just trying to be realistic.

Paul Posluszny ILB/OLB 3 year 15M- The Raiders go after another veteran linebacker here. Over the years Paul has shown he can be an efficient run stopping linebacker with the ability to play in coverage. Depending on what defense they are running Paul can play inside linebacker and outside linebackers allowing the Raiders to be able to use in no matter the formation. Paulís last contract was also a 3 year 15M deal but at his age I feel this is still a fair deal. ( cap remaining: 24.3M reaminging)

Sheldon Richardson DT/DE 1 year 8M- This is probably only real questionable signing Iíll have. Sheldon Richardson is a very talented player but also has a questionable character. His first 3 seasons with the Jets you can how well he can succeed on the field. Raiders were rumored to have been interested in trading for Richardson but didn't want to pay the draft pick. After having another down year but this time with Seattle he likely isn't getting the big contract he wants. Going after a middle sized 1 year deal like Poe and Logan last year is probably the best option if he wants to get the 15M+ deal he desires. (cap remaining: 16.3M)

Aaron Lynch DE/OLB 1 year 2M- Aaron Lynch has fallen out of favor in San Francisco. In his rookie and sophomore season he had 6.0 and 6.5 sacks respectfully. Last season and this season thus far he has 3 total sacks and only active half of each year. A change of scenery could do well for Lynch. Lynch reminds me of Jon Simon who signed with the Colts last year. Lesser known player stuck behind in the depth chart because of top draft picks and top tier players. (cap remaining: 14.3M)

Ross Cockrell 2 year 4M- The Raiders look to add depth at CB here. Ross has been able to find the ball in his career. He struggles actually making interceptions but has kept high pass deflections when he is on the field. Ross will likely be our slot CB or 4th corner. A two year deal gives us time to continue to teach him while giving him the ability to earn more later on. ( cap remaining: 12.3M)

The Raiders sign four players here. These signings may not be the exciting players most of us are looking for but this is probably realistic for what we will sign. Though we do have 12.3M in cap left likely 6M or so will got to the draft and Raiders like to keep around 6 to 8m around for UDFAís and mid season signings.

Oakland Raiders 2018 Mock Draft:

This draft will of course take into account the Mock offseason re-signings and free agent signings. The Raiders current draft position is 12th. That seems about right to where they are going to draft. The Raiders are also estimated to have 4 6th round compensation picks which will be included in this mock.

1st(12th overall)- Vita Vea, DT, Washington
    The Raiders go DT with the first round selections. This was a tough choice here. I considered going Denzel Ward CB who has been linked to the Raiders as of lately. I also considered Roquan Smith LB who could be a long term MLB for the Raiders which they need. The Raiders drafted Eddie V. in the 3rd round of last years draft. He has been inconsistent thus far. I still like his talent and feel he can improve but the Raiders need to top player at DT to push up the middle for our edge rushers Mack and Irvin. Vea has totaled 10 sacks over the last two seasons to go along with 6 batted passes. Vita Vea is a disruptive for on the inside and immediately replaces and starts over Justin Ellis who leaves as a FA in this mock.

2nd round- Josey Jewell LB Iowa
    The Raiders need to find a long term answer at LB. The Raiders did resign Bowman and did sign Paul P, but neither are long term answers. Jewell has been solid in the middle of the field with Iowa. Jewell gives the Raiders a lot of flexibility at the linebacker position. It allows them to focus Bruce Irvin as more of an edge rusher which is where his skills lay. Jewell gets to learn along side of pros Bowman and Paul eventually turn into a full time starter at inside linebacker.

3rd round-Quenton Meeks CB Stanford
    The Raiders go right up the road to select this pick. Raiders look to improve their CB roster after cutting loose David Amerson and Sean Smith. Meeks will compete with current roster players McDonald and Hamilton to go along with free agent signing Ross Cockrell.

4th round- Bo Scarborough RB Alabama
    Bo has been part of a committee his entire time at Alabama. He has done well this season in his limited touches. With being part of a committee and not being the feature back at Alamaba his stock hasnt risen like some would have thought. He is considered a mid round back at this point. Bo at 6ft2 228 gives the Raiders the replacement they need after moving on from Lynch in this mock. Bo would be the big back compliment and allow to to fill the same role with Oakland as his role at Alabama has been.

6th round-Damon Webb S Ohio State
    The Raiders have young starters in Obi and Joseph at safeties but behind them really only Launi is there. Webb gives them more depth at the position with Nelson and McGill leaving in free agency.

6th round(from Seattle)- Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson
    Renfrom has a smaller build based on NFL standards but he plays tough. Seth Roberts has been the Raiders primary slot WR but has been inconsistent. Renfrow will compete with Roberts for slot WR snaps.

6th round(1st comp pick)-Joe Ostman DE Central Michigan
    With the Raiders having 4 comp picks and 2 other 6 rounders the Raiders going to fill a lot of depth with these picks. Ostman gives more depth at DE and will likely compete with Cowser and Calhoun for a roster spot.

6th round(2nd comp pick)- DeAndre Goolsby TE Florida
    With the Raiders not resigning Lee Smith they will look to add another TE to their roster. Goolsby isnt the blocker that Smith is but gives the Raiders a better handed TE the Walford.

6th round(3rd comp pick)- KC McDermott G/T Miami
    Donald Penn and Marshall Newhouse are likely only here after this year. David Sharpe and Jaylen Ware are considered the two tackles at the moment to replace them in the future but then they will need depth behind them. McDemott gives them that plus has experience at guard.

6th round(4th comp pick)- Jack Cichy LB Wisconsin
    Cichy is a probably your typical late round Raiders linebacker pick. Not overly talented but plays strong for his lack of athleticism.

7th round-Jake Browning QB Washington
    EJ Manuel is a FA and that leaves them with Connor Cook as the QB2. Its still unknown how the Raiders really feel about Cook so taking a late round QB with one of their late round picks seems logical.

Raiders 2018 Mock Offseason Projected Roster:
    QB: Derek Carr/Connor Cook/ Jake Browning
    RB: Bo Scarborough/ Jalen Richard/ DeAndre Washington
    FB: Jamize Olawale
    TE: Jared Cook/ Clive Walford/ DeAndre Goolsby
    WR: Amari Cooper/ Michael Crabtree/Cordarrelle Patterson/Johnny Holton
    Slot WR: Seth Roberts/ Hunter Renfrow
    OT: Donald Penn/David Sharpe
    G: Kelechi Osemele/ KC McDermott
    C: Rodney Hudson/ Jon Feliciano
    G: Gabe Jackson/Vadal Alexander
    T: Marshall Newhouse/ Jylan Ware

DE:Sheldon Richardson/Jihad Ware
    DT:Vita Vea/Eddie Vanderdoes
    DT:Mario Edwards Jr/ Treyvon Hester
    DE:Khalil Mack/Aaron Lynch/ Joe Otsman
    OLB:Bruce Irvin/ Cory James
    MLB:Navorrow Bowman/ Josey Jewell/Marquel Lee
    OLB:Paul Posluszny/ Jack Cichy
    CB: Gareon Conley/ Antonio Hamilton
    CB2:TJ Carrie/ Dexter McDonald
    Slot CB:Quenton Meeks/ Ross Cockrell
    FS:Obi Melifonwu/ Damon Webb
    SS: Karl Joseph/ Shalom Luani
    P: Marquette King
    K:Giorgio Tavecchio
    This puts the roster at 53 players. There are things of course that could change. Dont see Raiders carrying 10 OL so KC likely to the PS as a rookie. Same could be said for Joe Otsman and Jack Cichy. Raiders also may not keep 6 CBs so Raiders could move on from Hamilton or Dexter McDonald. This could open up spots for Nichola Morrow who has had a positive rookie year despite being a division 3 UDFA rookie or open a spot back up for rusher James Cowser.

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome. As I said before this is more of what I think is more likely to happen vs what I actually want to happen.
    Last edited by HunterNRoss; 12-23-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Never Forget

^ Is it feasible to extend Mack and have zero impact to this years cap? Is that not a dangerous game to play for the future?
    Last edited by BoKnowsRaiders; 12-23-2017 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    ^ how does Mack factor into all of this? Are you proposing that we donít extend him this offseason?
    In the write I did mention in during the Raiders free agent signings. Khalil Macks contract for this season is 13.8M. Thats still under his value but much more then Carr had in his final season(1.5M) when they extended him. The early estimated cap room for 2019 is 71M. That's with having free agents of Khalil Mack, Amari Cooper, Jared Cook, and Mario Edwards Jr as the big name Raiders free agents in 2019. If they leave dont push money into 2018's total they should be fine cap wise moving forward without feeling as they are squeezing cap to sign Mack.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post

This is going to be my complete mock of what our 2018 offseason may look like. I won't be going over the coaching situation so just assume the coaching situation is whatever best pleases you.

Overall the list of Raiders free agents aren't that impressive. Aldon Smith who is at the top of the list isn't actually a free agent has he will not have incurred a year of play. Raiders will likely let most of these guys walk. A few players the Raiders will have interest in Resigning are Autry, Bowman, TJ Carrie. They will also bring several Exclusive Rights free agents back in Calhoun, Kirkland, Cowser, and Tavecchio. Not saying these ERFAís are going to make the roster but they will likely all be brought back to our 90 man roster.

[CENTER]
    The Raiders currently sit at 21.8M in cap for next season. This total does not include any potential cuts the Raiders will likely make. This puts us at 23rd in total cap space before any changes are made. This does not give the Raiders a lot of room to work with and improve our roster but this will improve after our rosters changes.

Raider Mock 2018 cuts:
    Now we will go on to the mock offseason part where I make actual projections and contracts to build our 2018 roster.

Sean Smith CB- Raiders signed Sean Smith to a 4 year 38M contract in March of 2016. Sean Smith has failed to live up to expectations since signing this deal. Part of this in on coaching but you can clearly see a decline in ability over the last two seasons. With Oakland parting ways with Sean Smith it opens up 8.5M in cap with no dead money.(new cap total:30.3M)

David Amerson CB- Raiders had picked up Amerson off the waiver wire in 2015. After the season he signed a 4 year 33M contract. Amerson has been very inconsistent player for the Raiders. He has been a top 5 player in pass deflections the past few season but has given up too many big plays. This season Amerson has missed a good portion of the season due to a concussion. There is a good chance Amerson is brought back but in this mock the Raiders let him go opening up 6M in cap space with no dead cap.( new cap total:36.3M)

Marshawn Lynch RB- This one is going to be more controversial. When used correctly he has played fairley well for us but is still hasn't put up numbers equal to what he is getting paid. An improved OC may fix this issue but thats still unknown for sure whether it will or not. Raiders will likely go after another young RB to pair with Washington and Richard in the draft. Lynchís contract is very incentive base but does have a base contract of 6M with no dead cap. ( new cap total: 42.3M)

Those are going to be the 3 main players cut in my mock offseason. There are a few others the Raiders may look at but they still put in this mock. If this mock would of been done 3 or 4 weeks ago Bruce Irvin likely would of been on this list. Over the last month though under Pagano Bruce Irvin has played extremely well. It is clear that Irvin can and will succeed in Oakland as long as we have a DC that can put in the in the right position to succeed. I know there are some out there that want Donald Penn cut as well but he continues to play well overall as shown by his Pro Bowl invite. Raiders did draft David Shape to be his successor and if Sharpe dominates in has last two games maybe the Raiders will look to move on.

NaVorro Bowman ILB 3 year 18M- Since joining the Raiders Bowman has been the leader of our defense. He has called our plays and made audibles as needed. He has given us the veteran presence at middle linebacker that the Raiders have been looking for for a long time now. Bowmanís contract with the 49ers was just over 10M per season. I dont see him hitting that amount again. Bowman receiving a 6M per year average would still put him 8th overall in per year total at the ILB position.I believe this would we a fair value. (cap remaining: 36.3M)

TJ Carrie 2 year 8M- Carrie has been up and down for the Raiders. It is possible the Raiders let him walk in free agency but after cutting Amerson and Smith in this mock the Raiders may look to bring him back. At 4M per season it puts him in the Orlando Scandrick Captain Munnerlyn range as far as CBs go which would be a good range with Carrie. It gives him a pay raise over his 571k contract and is a short enough contract where he can still earn a big contract should he out perform this deal. ( cap remaining: 32.3M)

Denico Autry 2 year 6M- Denico Autry has shown he can be a good rotational defensive end/ defensive tackle. Autry is a player who its hard to say what his value may look at going into this offseason. I put his deal similar to what Ex Raider Benson Mayowa received back in 2016. At 3m a year it is worth bring Autry back. ( 29.3M remaining)

As stated above they will likely bring back their ERFA players back as well but those are 500k cap players only the top 51 players count against the cap. Raiders Aldon Smith isn't a FA but I also am not counting him against our cap either since he is still suspended. The Raiders are also going to look to extend Khalil Mack during this offseason. Similar to the Derek Carr extension I see them keeping cap room this season. With that said even if they resign Khalil Mack I don't see them effecting his cap this year since his contract for the 2018 season is already 13.8M.

When it comes to free agency the Raiders aren't likely going to get a big name player. They will likely go after several mid level players who they feel are going to help our roster. As much as I would like to go after players like Demarcus Lawrence or a Trumaine Johnson just don't see them spending most of their available cap on a either of them. Keep that in mind when I do these signings that even though they would be big adds and a need just trying to be realistic.

Paul Posluszny ILB/OLB 3 year 15M- The Raiders go after another veteran linebacker here. Over the years Paul has shown he can be an efficient run stopping linebacker with the ability to play in coverage. Depending on what defense they are running Paul can play inside linebacker and outside linebackers allowing the Raiders to be able to use in no matter the formation. Paulís last contract was also a 3 year 15M deal but at his age I feel this is still a fair deal. ( cap remaining: 24.3M reaminging)

Sheldon Richardson DT/DE 1 year 8M- This is probably only real questionable signing Iíll have. Sheldon Richardson is a very talented player but also has a questionable character. His first 3 seasons with the Jets you can how well he can succeed on the field. Raiders were rumored to have been interested in trading for Richardson but didn't want to pay the draft pick. After having another down year but this time with Seattle he likely isn't getting the big contract he wants. Going after a middle sized 1 year deal like Poe and Logan last year is probably the best option if he wants to get the 15M+ deal he desires. (cap remaining: 16.3M)

Aaron Lynch DE/OLB 1 year 2M- Aaron Lynch has fallen out of favor in San Francisco. In his rookie and sophomore season he had 6.0 and 6.5 sacks respectfully. Last season and this season thus far he has 3 total sacks and only active half of each year. A change of scenery could do well for Lynch. Lynch reminds me of Jon Simon who signed with the Colts last year. Lesser known player stuck behind in the depth chart because of top draft picks and top tier players. (cap remaining: 14.3M)

Ross Cockrell 2 year 4M- The Raiders look to add depth at CB here. Ross has been able to find the ball in his career. He struggles actually making interceptions but has kept high pass deflections when he is on the field. Ross will likely be our slot CB or 4th corner. A two year deal gives us time to continue to teach him while giving him the ability to earn more later on. ( cap remaining: 12.3M)

The Raiders sign four players here. These signings may not be the exciting players most of us are looking for but this is probably realistic for what we will sign. Though we do have 12.3M in cap left likely 6M or so will got to the draft and Raiders like to keep around 6 to 8m around for UDFAís and mid season signings.

This draft will of course take into account the Mock offseason re-signings and free agent signings. The Raiders current draft position is 12th. That seems about right to where they are going to draft. The Raiders are also estimated to have 4 6th round compensation picks which will be included in this mock.

The Raiders go DT with the first round selections. This was a tough choice here. I considered going Denzel Ward CB who has been linked to the Raiders as of lately. I also considered Roquan Smith LB who could be a long term MLB for the Raiders which they need. The Raiders drafted Eddie V. in the 3rd round of last years draft. He has been inconsistent thus far. I still like his talent and feel he can improve but the Raiders need to top player at DT to push up the middle for our edge rushers Mack and Irvin. Vea has totaled 10 sacks over the last two seasons to go along with 6 batted passes. Vita Vea is a disruptive for on the inside and immediately replaces and starts over Justin Ellis who leaves as a FA in this mock.

The Raiders need to find a long term answer at LB. The Raiders did resign Bowman and did sign Paul P, but neither are long term answers. Jewell has been solid in the middle of the field with Iowa. Jewell gives the Raiders a lot of flexibility at the linebacker position. It allows them to focus Bruce Irvin as more of an edge rusher which is where his skills lay. Jewell gets to learn along side of pros Bowman and Paul eventually turn into a full time starter at inside linebacker.

The Raiders go right up the road to select this pick. Raiders look to improve their CB roster after cutting loose David Amerson and Sean Smith. Meeks will compete with current roster players McDonald and Hamilton to go along with free agent signing Ross Cockrell.

Bo has been part of a committee his entire time at Alabama. He has done well this season in his limited touches. With being part of a committee and not being the feature back at Alamaba his stock hasnt risen like some would have thought. He is considered a mid round back at this point. Bo at 6ft2 228 gives the Raiders the replacement they need after moving on from Lynch in this mock. Bo would be the big back compliment and allow to to fill the same role with Oakland as his role at Alabama has been.

The Raiders have young starters in Obi and Joseph at safeties but behind them really only Launi is there. Webb gives them more depth at the position with Nelson and McGill leaving in free agency.

Renfrom has a smaller build based on NFL standards but he plays tough. Seth Roberts has been the Raiders primary slot WR but has been inconsistent. Renfrow will compete with Roberts for slot WR snaps.

With the Raiders having 4 comp picks and 2 other 6 rounders the Raiders going to fill a lot of depth with these picks. Ostman gives more depth at DE and will likely compete with Cowser and Calhoun for a roster spot.

With the Raiders not resigning Lee Smith they will look to add another TE to their roster. Goolsby isnt the blocker that Smith is but gives the Raiders a better handed TE the Walford.

Donald Penn and Marshall Newhouse are likely only here after this year. David Sharpe and Jaylen Ware are considered the two tackles at the moment to replace them in the future but then they will need depth behind them. McDemott gives them that plus has experience at guard.

Cichy is a probably your typical late round Raiders linebacker pick. Not overly talented but plays strong for his lack of athleticism.

EJ Manuel is a FA and that leaves them with Connor Cook as the QB2. Its still unknown how the Raiders really feel about Cook so taking a late round QB with one of their late round picks seems logical.

DE:Khalil Mack/ Joe Otsman
    This puts the roster at 53 players. There are things of course that could change. Dont see Raiders carrying 10 OL so KC likely to the PS as a rookie. Same could be said for Joe Otsman and Jack Cichy. Raiders also may not keep 6 CBs so Raiders could move on from Hamilton or Dexter McDonald. This could open up spots for Nichola Morrow who has had a positive rookie year despite being a division 3 UDFA rookie or open a spot back up for rusher James Cowser.

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome. As I said before this is more of what I think is more likely to happen vs what I actually want to happen.

Sheldon Richardson is not a 43 de

Awesome Hunter!

Hunter, you said this is what you think is more likely to happen. Iíd love to see what you wish would happen.

Hunterís personal wishes.....

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post

[CENTER]

Raider Mock 2018 cuts:

DE:Khalil Mack/ Joe Otsman

Maybe I missed it but I didnít see one of the 53 spots for a long snapper.

Great offseason mock up though hunter. I also donít see the Raiders making a huge splash in the off-season. If they do it would be at the CB position IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    Sheldon Richardson is not a 43 de
    It depends on what defense you are playing imo. In a 3-4 I would play him at DE in a 4-3 I would play him at DT mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    It depends on what defense you are playing imo. In a 3-4 I would play him at DE in a 4-3 I would play him at DT mainly.
    Yes but in the lineup above he is playing a 43 de which he not

Problem with firing Downing, is it's not guaranteed to fix anything. I remember quite a few people were furious with Musgrave, now we're looking to fire the next guy.

I'm not sure anyone out there that's markedly better would be willing to sign up for a rather tenuous position, with pressure to win now and a coach on the hot seat.

Unless we fire Del Rio, which we should do but won't, we'd be better off running it back and continuing to upgrade the defense, our biggest weakness.

Seeing Hunters realistic projection shows how much our coaching needs to improve for this team to have any success. Potential Talent upgrade wonít fix our issues

Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    Yes but in the lineup above he is playing a 43 de which he not
    I'm not disagreeing with that. Just pointing out that there is a scenario where he can play DT, where your statement was pretty emphatic, you didn't clarify by the way that it pertained to that lineup specifically.
    All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.

krsonekth

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast