Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 424
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,248
    You guys that think Roquan justifies a top ten selection are crazy.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,338
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Unless we draft an edge rusher round 1 I dont think we are have the ability to upgrade from Irvin unless we spend even more then Irvin's 8.5M salary.
    Hubbard from Ohio state...
    Dogdaddy

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    12,902
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Hubbard from Ohio state...
    at least at this point in the draft process Hubbard is a late first early 2nd guy. 9/10 would be too high for him. Unless the Raiders trade down dont see Hubbard being a good option. Chubb is the main guy edge rusher that is worth a top 10 pick. I do like Key from LSU but not sure I want him top 10 either. My favorite rusher in the draft not named Chubb is Landry from BC. Big fan of his, another late 1st early second guy.

    Never Forget

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    at least at this point in the draft process Hubbard is a late first early 2nd guy. 9/10 would be too high for him. Unless the Raiders trade down dont see Hubbard being a good option. Chubb is the main guy edge rusher that is worth a top 10 pick. I do like Key from LSU but not sure I want him top 10 either. My favorite rusher in the draft not named Chubb is Landry from BC. Big fan of his, another late 1st early second guy.
    Hubbard is a day 2 day 3 guy no way a first rounder. He is not athletic enough.

    Add to your list of rushers Cellini Ferrell, Ogbonnia Okoronkwa, Arden Key, Austin Bryant.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,629
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post
    Hubbard is a day 2 day 3 guy no way a first rounder. He is not athletic enough.

    Add to your list of rushers Cellini Ferrell, Ogbonnia Okoronkwa, Arden Key, Austin Bryant.
    Arden Key is one I'd love to have if he fell to us. Maybe the best edge rusher in this draft. Some say he has character issues apparently because he took some personal time off from LSU at some point last year, but that's all the "dirt" I have found on him. Sometimes certain issues at home must take precedence over football. If he's clean otherwise, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    13,899
    Hereís a thought...letís take the best football players that are available. Guys who put football first and burn to win.

    I think it would be refreshing.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Hereís a thought...letís take the best football players that are available. Guys who put football first and burn to win.

    I think it would be refreshing.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have to say I agree with you on this one. High character, hard nosed football players is what we need right now.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,830
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Hereís a thought...letís take the best football players that are available. Guys who put football first and burn to win.

    I think it would be refreshing.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    By best football players, I'm assuming you mean talented too. So which of the top 15 players in this draft do you think put football first and burn to win?

    Just trying to figure out who your target is with our first pick... and who you want to avoid.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,629
    Sal Sunseri (our LB coach) just found work with the Florida Gators.
    (Subject to change...)
    Round 1: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
    Round 2: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn
    Round 3: Josey Jewell, ILB, Iowa
    Round 4: Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
    Round 6: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
    Round 6: Kahlil McKenzie, DT, Tennessee
    Round 6: Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State
    Round 6: Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma
    Round 6: John Kelly, RB, Tennessee
    Round 6: Godwin Igwebuike, FS, Northwestern
    Round 7: Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    13,899
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    By best football players, I'm assuming you mean talented too. So which of the top 15 players in this draft do you think put football first and burn to win?

    Just trying to figure out who your target is with our first pick... and who you want to avoid.
    Without being able to interview the candidates, we have no way to know.

    Truly, I donít know who the best guy would be. But philosophically, I can tell you Iíd weight actual game play and the interview far more heavily than the combine. Measureables are a nice supplement sometimes, but should not comprise the bulk of the decision making apparatus.

    I do like Vea and Nelson an awful lot. I was also impressed with that video of Taven Bryan that got posted.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    4,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    Help me out with a 3-4 defense question. If we move to a 3-4, does Irvin's skill set make the best sense? You can't rush 5 each play, and dropping Mack into coverage seems wrong. Wouldn't we be better served with an OLB that has better coverage skills? Perhaps a younger, cheaper option?
    I think every team needs that coverage backer as well as. To me the best Ds have moved beyond this base concepts quandary. To me you donít want Mack or Irvin in coverage the moment they arenít around the backfield the O has won the chess match. I get why Pagano decoyed Mack to drop a few times last week to see if Rivers threw a pass without checking but ultimately you want pressures tfl and sacks from these guys.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    LA 2 Da Bay
    Posts
    6,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    I think every team needs that coverage backer as well as. To me the best Ds have moved beyond this base concepts quandary. To me you donít want Mack or Irvin in coverage the moment they arenít around the backfield the O has won the chess match. I get why Pagano decoyed Mack to drop a few times last week to see if Rivers threw a pass without checking but ultimately you want pressures tfl and sacks from these guys.
    I think the trend you're seeing in the NFL right now w/ defenses' front-7 and offenses' WRs/RBs/TEs/QBs is similar to the trend that's going on in NBA basketball. More and more, the best big guys in the NBA are good 3-pt shooters because it keeps defenses off balance and spread thin by making them defend the entire court.

    For the Raiders, you want Mack, Irvin, and Bowman to play their traditional roles of DE, pass-rushing OLB, and MLB as much as possible, but changing things up keeps the offense honest. Like you said, the QB might throw it right at Mack. More importantly, it keeps the offense from selling offense from selling out to stop Mack's pass-rush if they feel that at any moment, Mack might drop into coverage and Bowman will pressure up the gut (for example). Even if it's the RB committing to blocking a Bowman (non-)rush for 1/2 second before he goes to chip Mack or Irvin, it can mean the difference between a sack and a completion.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    You guys that think Roquan justifies a top ten selection are crazy.
    Considering the Raiders have completely ignored the linebacker position for 15 plus years. Watching 1st round picks from last year H. Reddick, J. Davis, and Reuban Foster come in and take those teams defense to another level. Than no Roquan is not a reach at 10. He is by far the best prospect at that position and equivalent in talent to the guys drafted in the first round last year..

    Absolutely if Chubb or Saquan drop to us they should be the choice but I just don't see that happening. Trade back? Yea right the next time RM trades back to get a player might be the first time he has done that. Another player I would consider at our pick is Fitzpatrick the Alabama corner. He can ball why not pair him with Conley.

    Another good 2nd day pass rusher is Nwosu. Reminds me a lot of Barr from the Vikings. He reaked havoc all year

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Considering the Raiders have completely ignored the linebacker position for 15 plus years. Watching 1st round picks from last year H. Reddick, J. Davis, and Reuban Foster come in and take those teams defense to another level. Than no Roquan is not a reach at 10. He is by far the best prospect at that position and equivalent in talent to the guys drafted in the first round last year..

    Absolutely if Chubb or Saquan drop to us they should be the choice but I just don't see that happening. Trade back? Yea right the next time RM trades back to get a player might be the first time he has done that. Another player I would consider at our pick is Fitzpatrick the Alabama corner. He can ball why not pair him with Conley.

    Another good 2nd day pass rusher is Nwosu. Reminds me a lot of Barr from the Vikings. He reaked havoc all year
    I am just not as high on him as most are. Not that I donít like him, but with the holes on this defense I think another position will have a greater impact.
    Itís a tough pill to swallow but both starting corners are probably gone. The DL needs help everywhere. I think really an argument could be made for any position on defense. Itís a mess with all the second round busts.

    It doesnít look like Reggie will be running things this draft so anything is possible there. The scouting department might be turned over after the draft also. I suspect Jon will want to bring in his guys.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    12,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    I am just not as high on him as most are. Not that I donít like him, but with the holes on this defense I think another position will have a greater impact.
    Itís a tough pill to swallow but both starting corners are probably gone. The DL needs help everywhere. I think really an argument could be made for any position on defense. Itís a mess with all the second round busts.

    It doesnít look like Reggie will be running things this draft so anything is possible there. The scouting department might be turned over after the draft also. I suspect Jon will want to bring in his guys.
    Joe Arrigo@joearrigo

    Gruden's (soon to be officially completed) deal with the #Raiders will give some say in personnel decisions, but he and McKenzie will be working together on all personnel decisions (draft & FA)

    Never Forget

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •