Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 15: MNF Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-9) VS Atlanta Falcons (8-5)

Gdt

2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

Leading up to this week it's obviously been hard to get excited about this team knowing we were going to play in a 'meaningless' Monday Nighter against 1 of 3 division opponents who are all probably going to make the playoffs (Hard to imagine our division representing half of the playoff teams in the NFC and us not being one of them).

Having said that, I want to see the boys play hard, if not for Koetter's job or Smith's job or for any other reason than just not embarrassing ourselves as bad as we already have this year.

I would like to see a game that showcases our franchise quarterback, wide receiver and hopefully tight end. A competitive game that forces Atlanta to work and fight for a playoff spot as opposed to us just handing them one. I would also like some kind of defensive game plan around stopping Julio Jones. Force other players to beat us but by god do not allow him to torch us for the 4th time in a row.

Now having said that, because of where our season has ended up, a close and competitive loss would be best in my opinion (In terms of possible draft position).

Right now, going into tonight we would pick #7 and having picked Mike Evans there a few years ago and seeing what he has done gets me just a tad excited to see what happens in April.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Leading up to this week it's obviously been hard to get excited about this team knowing we were going to play in a 'meaningless' Monday Nighter against 1 of 3 division opponents who are all probably going to make the playoffs (Hard to imagine our division representing half of the playoff teams in the NFC and us not being one of them).

Having said that, I want to see the boys play hard, if not for Koetter's job or Smith's job or for any other reason than just not embarrassing ourselves as bad as we already have this year.

I would like to see a game that showcases our franchise quarterback, wide receiver and hopefully tight end. A competitive game that forces Atlanta to work and fight for a playoff spot as opposed to us just handing them one. I would also like some kind of defensive game plan around stopping Julio Jones. Force other players to beat us but by god do not allow him to torch us for the 4th time in a row.

Now having said that, because of where our season has ended up, a close and competitive loss would be best in my opinion (In terms of possible draft position).

Right now, going into tonight we would pick #7 and having picked Mike Evans there a few years ago and seeing what he has done gets me just a tad excited to see what happens in April.
    I'm all in on Bradley Chubb. We need to find a way to get him. It looks likely they we could pick as high as #5, which could hopefully be good enough to get him, especially if there are 3 QBs in top 5

Doug Martin a healthy scratch for missing a team meeting. He's gone after this year, and I have been one of his biggest supporters.

Btw, if u wanna slow down Julio, simply put Grimes on him all game, but we won't do that because it makes too much sense

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I'm all in on Bradley Chubb. We need to find a way to get him. It looks likely they we could pick as high as #5, which could hopefully be good enough to get him, especially if there are 3 QBs in top 5
    Chubb is not worth anywhere close to that. His draft stock, at least in the eyes of some fans, has gotten way out of control.

When will people learn to stop reaching for needs and let the draft come to you.

Told you guys about A. Cross man. Dudes a player. Too bad TE's and LB's can't make up a while team, otherwise we'd be set. Definitely our 2 strongest positions. Looks like Barber may have fumbked and ruined the drive, of course

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Chubb is not worth anywhere close to that. His draft stock, at least in the eyes of some fans, has gotten way out of control.

When will people learn to stop reaching for needs and let the draft come to you.
    I don't agree with you.

This game is painful to watch. No pass rush, decent running game then we fumble, we're working with 3rd string everything. We've got a lotta work to do during the offseason.

I know this is one game and it ain't over yet but seriously with all these injuries and Jameis more healthy on primetime he has definitely shown up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    I know this is one game and it ain't over yet but seriously with all these injuries and Jameis more healthy on primetime he has definitely shown up tonight.
    Winston has played his butt off with less weapons this game.

We just got robbed on national tv. Brats held down by defender no delay of game penalty, then the ref falls down? Are they serious?

No matter who our coach is we need a overhaul on the Dline big time. If Dareus can be had for a 4th we should seriously consider seeing what vet we can get. I personally would see what the jets would be willing to take for Wilkerson.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    No matter who our coach is we need a overhaul on the Dline big time. If Dareus can be had for a 4th we should seriously consider seeing what vet we can get. I personally would see what the jets would be willing to take for Wilkerson.
    2 super expensive DTs who are both about to be past their prime and have off field issues and attitude problems.

That's pretty ridiculous.

I don't care who plays the other DT position. All I care about is finding edge rushers. Ours are by far the worst and we haven't had one in 10 years. For the love of god, edge rushers, edge rushers, edge rushers. Forget about everything else.

Well considering we already spend a good chunk of change on lazy Swaggy P not sure why that's so ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast