Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raider game

Raider game

Since no one's making game thread's anymore, I guess I am going to have to put this temp one here just to talk about the game.

Who made that call for Chris Jones to run on that punt on 4th and 11? That was inspired. In fact, the playcalling in that drive seemed to be bold and I think that punt/run and drive for a TD was the difference in the game....because it was very touch and go. I do feel like the Cowboy players are playing their arses off---no lazy players here. Even when they mess up, they are are going after it...you don't see guys taking plays off.

It was an interesting game. The PI on Lewis at the end of the game was questionable? Dak holds the ball to long in the pocket, he needs to make his reads quicker and get the ball out.

NFC

Division Leaders W L T DIV CONF

[xyz] Eagles 12 2 0 5-0 10-1
    [xy] Vikings 11 3 0 3-1 8-2
    Rams 10 4 0 4-1 7-4
    Saints 10 4 0 3-1 7-3

Wild Card W L T DIV CONF
    Panthers 10 4 0 2-2 6-4
    Falcons 8 5 0 2-1 7-2

In The Hunt W L T DIV CONF
    Lions 8 6 0 4-1 7-4
    Seahawks 8 6 0 4-1 6-4
    Cowboys 8 6 0 4-1 6-4
    Packers 7 7 0 2-2 5-5

Well, this is the playoff scenario.

Falcons play the Bucaneers, Saints and Panthers for the last 3 games.
    Lions play Bengals and Packers for their last 2 games. Panthers play Bucaneers and Falcons for their last 2 games.

It seems like the AFC is a lot easier to get into the playoffs. The Bills had a big slump and are still in the wildcard.

If Atlanta loses tonight we will have a really good shot to get in. I don't envision them losing to the Bucs who are terrible but it's a division game so you never know? I was hoping green bay would have beat Carolina this week and then lost to Minnesota next week. It's good they lost, but it it would have been more advantageous for us if they had won this week. We definitely need them to beat Detroit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    If Atlanta loses tonight we will have a really good shot to get in. I don't envision them losing to the Bucs who are terrible but it's a division game so you never know? I was hoping green bay would have beat Carolina this week and then lost to Minnesota next week. It's good they lost, but it it would have been more advantageous for us if they had won this week. We definitely need them to beat Detroit though.
    Yeah, I would have preferred the Packers beat the Panthers too. The Aaron Rodgers miracle worker storyline is a bit over stated anyway--he did it once, doesn't mean he can do it every time. I see much fiercer foes in the NFC. If the Saints have Kamara, they will be hard to defend. The Bucs are just dreadful, so that would be too much of a long shot. But, maybe the Falcons lose their last two games against Saints and Panthers? But, Panthers might rest their players? Also, is it an either or thing or do we need the Lions to lose also? The Cowboys really put themselves in this hole, where only the slimmest of margins do they get in.

It seems like that Falcons slot is the only one available, if at all. So, you have several teams aiming for that final slot....and the Falcons would have to implode for that to happen....they've had a resurgence of late.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Yeah, I would have preferred the Packers beat the Panthers too. The Aaron Rodgers miracle worker storyline is a bit over stated anyway--he did it once, doesn't mean he can do it every time. I see much fiercer foes in the NFC. If the Saints have Kamara, they will be hard to defend. The Bucs are just dreadful, so that would be too much of a long shot. But, maybe the Falcons lose their last two games against Saints and Panthers? But, Panthers might rest their players? Also, is it an either or thing or do we need the Lions to lose also? The Cowboys really put themselves in this hole, where only the slimmest of margins do they get in.
    Lions have to lose cause they have a tiebreaker over us for strength of victory (which I guess could shift if we beat Seattle and Philly)

Lions have to lose cause they have a tiebreaker over us for strength of victory (which I guess could shift if we beat Seattle and Philly)
    Do you think we will get in the playoffs?

The Falcons beat the Bucs, so the Cowboys chances are slim. What are the chances that the Falcons lose both games? Not very likely. And, I don't see any other realistic path. I think losing that Falcon game might come back to bite us---more specifically, failing to block for Dak. He spent most of that game being rushed or shoved to the ground.

The Falcons beat the Bucs, so the Cowboys chances are slim. What are the chances that the Falcons lose both games? Not very likely. And, I don't see any other realistic path. I think losing that Falcon game might come back to bite us---more specifically, failing to block for Dak. He spent most of that game being rushed or shoved to the ground.
    Best case scenario this next week is Saints win, Bucs win and Bengals win. Of course we need to win too. Assuming that happens, and we can beat Philly in week 17, then the loser of the Falcons-Panthers game week 17 would be out of the playoffs and we'd be in. We may not need Detroit to lose since we have two games with teams with winning records while they have games with teams with even or losing records.

We still have a decent chance since the Falcons have to play two good teams and both the Saints and Panthers also end with division games against the Bucs/Falcons so we've got a chance, just need to keep winning to keep those chances alive. Regardless of what happens this next week, if we win we will still have a chance at the playoffs in week 17.

Correction: Detroit actually needs to lose. I didn't think we had 4 common games, but we do. So that tie breaker would happen before the strength of victory (which I think we would win if we win out). Detroit, if they win out, would be 4-1 (2 wins over Green Bay, 1 over NYG and AZ, loss to ATL) in common games and Dallas would be 3-2 (2 wins over NYG, 1 win over AZ, losses to ATL and GB). So Detroit needs to lose to either Green Bay or Cincinnati. If Rodgers doesn't play for GB in week 17, then that could be a long shot.

Correction: Detroit actually needs to lose. I didn't think we had 4 common games, but we do. So that tie breaker would happen before the strength of victory (which I think we would win if we win out). Detroit, if they win out, would be 4-1 (2 wins over Green Bay, 1 over NYG and AZ, loss to ATL) in common games and Dallas would be 3-2 (2 wins over NYG, 1 win over AZ, losses to ATL and GB). So Detroit needs to lose to either Green Bay or Cincinnati. If Rodgers doesn't play for GB in week 17, then that could be a long shot.
    Green Bay already signed another QB, so it signals that they might likely sit Rodgers. If Rodgers is not playing, then the Lions should easily win unless something fluky happens.

Green Bay already signed another QB, so it signals that they might likely sit Rodgers. If Rodgers is not playing, then the Lions should easily win unless something fluky happens.
    Yup, Rodgers to IR. So dumb.

I definitely think we will win out but to be honest I think we have a better chance of the Falcons losing 2 games than the Lions losing 1 to either the Bengals or Packers. I think our chances are pretty slim but we have all seen some crazy things happen at the end of the season. If the Saints, Bucs, Bengals win this week then I Like our chances

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast