Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Portis must go.

Preferably for Terrance Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    There is a significant difference between picking 5-9 though. So where we are now, call it 9, versus where we would be minus those three players, call it 5, is significant. You shouldn't downplay that.

And sure, the package might be better with draft pick A or player B. I wasn't arguing that, but this team does need to trade at least one of those guys. However, you can easily get a young athletic player with a draft pick that has more years of control than just trading for a young athlete on a team not getting any burn.

I don't think the Bulls nor most fans want to keep Robin Lopez or Justin Holiday. I don't think most fans want to keep Mirotic either. So why not trade them when they have value, and let Bobby/Markkanen play 35 minutes a night next to each other.
    Iím not downplaying the difference between 5-9, or at least not intentionally. Iím just pointing out that I donít think top 5 is likely even if we trade niko and Lopez. Everyone seems to be hooked on 4-5 guys in this draft or bust.

Iím all for trading niko, and ok with moving Lopez. I just donít want us to start giving away assets. We need to get something useful back is all, whether it be a young player with potential or a late 1st round pick. I just donít want to move them for second rounders and bad contracts for the sake of losing. As for the rest of the team, excluding Dunn/lavine/ Lauri, they can and will likely all go before we are contending. If we can move any of those guys for value we should.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Iím not downplaying the difference between 5-9, or at least not intentionally. Iím just pointing out that I donít think top 5 is likely even if we trade niko and Lopez. Everyone seems to be hooked on 4-5 guys in this draft or bust.

Iím all for trading niko, and ok with moving Lopez. I just donít want us to start giving away assets. We need to get something useful back is all, whether it be a young player with potential or a late 1st round pick. I just donít want to move them for second rounders and bad contracts for the sake of losing. As for the rest of the team, excluding Dunn/lavine/ Lauri, they can and will likely all go before we are contending. If we can move any of those guys for value we should.
    I dont think anyone is disagreeing with you then

I dont think anyone is disagreeing with you then
    I donít think we are far apart. Unfortunately guys like Ayton, doncic, bagely wonít be available to us, so its just time to re-evaluate and do whatís best for the guys we have and put ourselves in a spot to jump on THAT guy when/if we get that shot.
    Hopefully porter will drop enough that we can grab him, or scare someone enough we can move up a spot or two to grab him.

FWIW to the guys that have more extreme positions, Iím disappointed that we arenít going to pick in that top 5 group. I donít think this is a case of our front office not making us bad enough for the tank though, I think itís an issue with guys developing quicker and more than we maybe thought. We need to keep the momentum with development going. If we can lose games and keep developing thatís all the better.
    Last edited by benny01; 01-02-2018 at 12:56 AM.

I donít think we are far apart. Unfortunately guys like Ayton, doncic, bagely wonít be available to us, so its just time to re-evaluate and do whatís best for the guys we have and put ourselves in a spot to jump on THAT guy when/if we get that shot.
    Hopefully porter will drop enough that we can grab him, or scare someone enough we can move up a spot or two to grab him.

FWIW to the guys that have more extreme positions, Iím disappointed that we arenít going to pick in that top 5 group. I donít think this is a case of our front office not making us bad enough for the tank though, I think itís an issue with guys developing quicker and more than we maybe thought. We need to keep the momentum with development going. If we can lose games and keep developing thatís all the better.

I think there is still a damn good chance we pick in the top 5

I think there is still a damn good chance we pick in the top 5
    That would be rad. Weíre gonna have a decent chance with the lottery, even if we canít get there with our record. Iím still a bulls fan, if I wasnít pessimistic about something Iíd be doing it wrong.haha

Alot of people on here act like we arent just 2.5 games out of last place.

That would be rad. Weíre gonna have a decent chance with the lottery, even if we canít get there with our record. Iím still a bulls fan, if I wasnít pessimistic about something Iíd be doing it wrong.haha
    We completely still can get a top 5 pick, especially if we trade a piece or two. This teams has been playing lights out and have been getting lucky missing teams star players. Thatís unlikely to continue. I donít think we HAVE to trade Niko tho, in the next couple of weeks the bulls should continue to evaluate Niko and decide if his play has been legit and base that off the return we would get by trading him. If we traded Lopez I think it would really hurt this team and might help the tank more then loosing Mirotic, bc they would be loosing there veteran guy or captain. Trading Holiday would hurt too, heís played better then I expected and obv gives us depth. I think he could help a contending team.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    We completely still can get a top 5 pick, especially if we trade a piece or two. This teams has been playing lights out and have been getting lucky missing teams star players. Thatís unlikely to continue. I donít think we HAVE to trade Niko tho, in the next couple of weeks the bulls should continue to evaluate Niko and decide if his play has been legit and base that off the return we would get by trading him. If we traded Lopez I think it would really hurt this team and might help the tank more then loosing Mirotic, bc they would be loosing there veteran guy or captain. Trading Holiday would hurt too, heís played better then I expected and obv gives us depth. I think he could help a contending team.
    Yep!! Trading Lopez will hurt more than people believe. After how well the bulls have played the past month they are only 1.5 games behind the 2nd pick!!! Trade for sure Rolo, Holiday and Niko and this tank should be back on. None of those guys are in the bulls long term plans. I dont care how well Niko has played last few weeks. He does this once a year where he catches fire and plays well. I am not going to believe he has changed now... let some other team gamble on him. Bulls lose those 3 and their depth is brutal.. Bench play would blow every lead bulls build so it would be great!! Get me Ayton or Porter baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_BullsChris View Post
    Yep!! Trading Lopez will hurt more than people believe. After how well the bulls have played the past month they are only 1.5 games behind the 2nd pick!!! Trade for sure Rolo, Holiday and Niko and this tank should be back on. None of those guys are in the bulls long term plans. I dont care how well Niko has played last few weeks. He does this once a year where he catches fire and plays well. I am not going to believe he has changed now... let some other team gamble on him. Bulls lose those 3 and their depth is brutal.. Bench play would blow every lead bulls build so it would be great!! Get me Ayton or Porter baby!
    I think trading Lopez will hurt these young guys more than people think too. Im worried about lauri being left with felicio and Portis to help guide him through this rookie year. I donít think he adds enough wins to need to move him. If they do great, but like I said before, get a veteran who is a good teammate and positive presence back.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    That's honestly astonishing to me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    That's honestly astonishing to me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3-20 is a deep hole to climb out of! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    But also only 1 game away from the 10th spot.....

I probably missed it, but has anyone talked about a deal that would send say Mirotic + cap filler (say Holiday or something minor) to the Lakers for (gulp) Deng + Ingram? Of course, after Jan 15th.

Obviously Ingram is the blue chip piece in this deal, with the Lakers getting the cap relief they want to get ready for their big summer. We'd also get the "tank" back on track a bit, getting our shot at Ayton possibly and rolling into next season with Dunn, Lavine, Ingram, Lauri, Ayton in the starting lineup.

What do you think? Any kinda shot at this type a deal?

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by bnreves View Post
    I probably missed it, but has anyone talked about a deal that would send say Mirotic + cap filler (say Holiday or something minor) to the Lakers for (gulp) Deng + Ingram? Of course, after Jan 15th.

Obviously Ingram is the blue chip piece in this deal, with the Lakers getting the cap relief they want to get ready for their big summer. We'd also get the "tank" back on track a bit, getting our shot at Ayton possibly and rolling into next season with Dunn, Lavine, Ingram, Lauri, Ayton in the starting lineup.

What do you think? Any kinda shot at this type a deal?
    Lakers have stated they will not use picks or young assets to move Deng. Unless a FA is coming in the offseson. It will only happen in the off season for team with cap and they won't give up Ingram for it.

So absolutely no shot IMO. I all ways considered a Niko for Deng and a future pick likely and reasonable. But it won't happen. The Lakers won't give up a pick on the chance they might get somebody. It would have to be a lock and they are ready to sign. . Meaning in the off-season. And meaning Niko is useless to them.

Fwiw. Bill proposed something like it a long time ago like they would give up Ingram to move him. And i still think its implausible to think that could happen.

Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast