Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

I now fully expect him to be gone

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    I agree r depth is a big part of r recent success.

Just talking bulls plan and future:
    I dno if Mirotic is just on an extended hot streak, but he seems legit. I donít think we can trade him, unless weíre getting a lottery pic back. Im excited he stopped using the head fake so excessively it has seemed to make his shot a lot smoother. Iíve never seen him play w this much confidence. His defense has also impressed me. Everyone hated that signing, looks like a genius move by Garpax now.

I donít hate Lopez, but I think heís the guy we should trade. I dno how much weíd get back, but maybe something ok. Iíd also consider trading Holiday, but unless weíre getting a late first rounder whatís the point? Could also trade Portis, but what would be bring back?

If we trade Lopez, at the end of the year we have a starting 5 of Dunn, Lavine, Holiday, Mirotic, Lauri that looks pretty solid. If we sneak in the playoffs will give someone fits and gain valuable experience or we miss the playoffs and get a lottery pic. Either way the bulls look a lot better then we expected. For the first time since Rose was a stud Iím actually excited about the Bulls.
    When it comes to Niko it's a fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. We can't be fooled into thinking he is a part of our future. We need to trade him while he's hot to a team that's on the fringe of the playoffs and desperate to get in. Lauri and Bobby are controllable young assets that do what Niko does for us. His value will never be higher than it is now.

Anybody trade Niko, RoLo to GSW for Bell and a 1st? Thatíll be a interesting move. Niko would be sick on that team. Or we trade then to OKC for a young player and a 1st.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Anybody trade Niko, RoLo to GSW for Bell and a 1st? Thatíll be a interesting move. Niko would be sick on that team. Or we trade then to OKC for a young player and a 1st.
    Wtf is this...... And how the F does GS wariors. A team way above cap. Take in nearly 25 mil. In cap space.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Wtf is this...... And how the F does GS wariors. A team way above cap. Take in nearly 25 mil. In cap space.
    Whoa.... Easy big boy.... 😂

Itís really fun watching this bulls team play. I do think we should strongly consider trading RoLo, Holliday, and Mirotic tho. RoLo and Holiday no brainers trade them just to help the tank. Mirotic id trade for maybe 2 first rounders or a first rounder and talented young player. Getting a lottery pick for Mirotic unfortunately doesnít seem possible. However I donít think we have to trade Mirotic, I think if we trade RoLo and Holiday thatís enough where weíre garaunteed a lot of lottery balls.

These next couple of weeks r really important for the bulls n Mirotic. Hopefully he keeps playing well n creates a higher trade value for himself. Hell if he keeps this up maybe he could be part of r future, heís still kinda young and has the potential to be one hell of a 6th man even on a championship type team. Granted him keeping it up is a big ďifĒ. Ultimately, Iíd lean towards trading him, but only for a good deal. I wouldnít just give him away just so we loose more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    Itís really fun watching this bulls team play. I do think we should strongly consider trading RoLo, Holliday, and Mirotic tho. RoLo and Holiday no brainers trade them just to help the tank. Mirotic id trade for maybe 2 first rounders or a first rounder and talented young player. Getting a lottery pick for Mirotic unfortunately doesnít seem possible. However I donít think we have to trade Mirotic, I think if we trade RoLo and Holiday thatís enough where weíre garaunteed a lot of lottery balls.

These next couple of weeks r really important for the bulls n Mirotic. Hopefully he keeps playing well n creates a higher trade value for himself. Hell if he keeps this up maybe he could be part of r future, heís still kinda young and has the potential to be one hell of a 6th man even on a championship type team. Granted him keeping it up is a big ďifĒ. Ultimately, Iíd lean towards trading him, but only for a good deal. I wouldnít just give him away just so we loose more games.
    I agree with trading all 3 guys but there is no way in hell Niko is getting you back 2 first rounders or a first and a talented young player... These next two weeks are crucial bulls need to start trading away guys ASAP

I'm all in on the tank but now I'm not as inclined to just dump Niko as I was. I'd trade him but for the right deal. We need a 1 and possibly a mid first. Niko could be a valuable asset for next year team. I don't want to tank next year. I'd love to see what Niko, Lauri, Dunn, Zach could do on the court at the same time. Niko skillset is similar to Lauri who we're all high on. I understand his history of inconsistency but it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_BullsChris View Post
    I agree with trading all 3 guys but there is no way in hell Niko is getting you back 2 first rounders or a first and a talented young player... These next two weeks are crucial bulls need to start trading away guys ASAP
    Trade Dunn and lavine. Rolo, niko, holiday doesnít make us worse than the bottom 5-10 teams. We gotta be really bad, draft Ayton and championship.
    The pelicans and kings have a bunch of rings
    Last edited by benny01; 01-01-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Trade Dunn and lavine. Rolo, niko, holiday doesnít make us worse than the bottom 5-10 teams. We gotta be really bad, draft Ayton and championship.
    You really dont think trading rolo and Niko puts us in a spot for a top 5 pick? Besides the Hawks, all the teams are pretty similar. Not saying its a lock but I would still like the bulls chances. Losing Rolo and Niko means Felicio has to play and he is just plain booty this year. Teams would abuse the bulls down low with starting Portis and Lauri and no one off the bench. Mavs are starting to play better, grizzlies will get conley back eventually and Magic were injured during their recent streak. Bulls were 3-20 before Niko came back and were the worst record in the NBA by multiple games. I believe this team has the tank in them....

I get the sarcasm but I only want to keep Lauri, Dunn, Lavine and Nwaba for the future the rest are playing out of their mind and arent really that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_BullsChris View Post
    You really dont think trading rolo and Niko puts us in a spot for a top 5 pick? Besides the Hawks, all the teams are pretty similar. Not saying its a lock but I would still like the bulls chances. Losing Rolo and Niko means Felicio has to play and he is just plain booty this year. Teams would abuse the bulls down low with starting Portis and Lauri and no one off the bench. Mavs are starting to play better, grizzlies will get conley back eventually and Magic were injured during their recent streak. Bulls were 3-20 before Niko came back and were the worst record in the NBA by multiple games. I believe this team has the tank in them....

I get the sarcasm but I only want to keep Lauri, Dunn, Lavine and Nwaba for the future the rest are playing out of their mind and arent really that good.
    Iím sure that wouldnít effect lauriís development. Bump him out of position. Iím sure heíll excel. Wonít hurt Dunn or lavine either. If you get lucky and it doesnt become a wasted season developmentally, your still not a bottom 5 team. The team was better than the 3-20 record prior to niko coming back.
    What is the nwaba fascination? You can get high-motor floor ceiling guys without a position anywhere.

Well, we already are a bottom 10 team. Take away Robin Lopez and we have a definite loss in defense. Trade away Holiday, it hurts our depth assuming we don't get a player back that would be in the rotation. Trading Niko definitely kills depth, and would inhibit our ability to space the floor.

If we trade all 3 of those guys, and not get anything back that is substantial, we are definitely worse off. Even with Lavine coming back.

Dunn/Grant
    Lavine/Nwaba
    Valentine/Pondexter
    Markannen/Zipser
    Portis/Felicio

is exciting starting 5, but the bench would really really suffer and blow leads

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Well, we already are a bottom 10 team. Take away Robin Lopez and we have a definite loss in defense. Trade away Holiday, it hurts our depth assuming we don't get a player back that would be in the rotation. Trading Niko definitely kills depth, and would inhibit our ability to space the floor.

If we trade all 3 of those guys, and not get anything back that is substantial, we are definitely worse off. Even with Lavine coming back.

Dunn/Grant
    Lavine/Nwaba
    Valentine/Pondexter
    Markannen/Zipser
    Portis/Felicio

is exciting starting 5, but the bench would really really suffer and blow leads
    I think weíll be picking 5-9 regardless. My point is one that you made. We hurt ourselves by trading them just to trade them. I donít even think we need 1sts, give me young althetic upside guys that canít find time where they are. Oubre types.

Iíd rather get a real center back also(not a good one mind you). Iím for the idea of moving these guys, but we also need to have a functioning unit with the guys weíd like to keep so that they can continue to play the type of basketball we want moving forward.

I also think Rolo serves a much bigger role than his play alone with the young players. Iíd like to get a guy like that back as well. Doesnít have to be the player rolo is though, but a positive veteran presence.
    Last edited by benny01; 01-01-2018 at 07:04 PM.

I think weíll be picking 5-9 regardless. My point is one that you made. We hurt ourselves by trading them just to trade them. I donít even think we need 1sts, give me young althetic upside guys that canít find time where they are. Oubre types.

Iíd rather get a real center back also(not a good one mind you). Iím for the idea of moving these guys, but we also need to have a functioning unit with the guys weíd like to keep so that they can continue to play the type of basketball we want moving forward.

I also think Rolo serves a much bigger role than his play alone with the young players. Iíd like to get a guy like that back as well. Doesnít have to be the player rolo is though, but a positive veteran presence.
    There is a significant difference between picking 5-9 though. So where we are now, call it 9, versus where we would be minus those three players, call it 5, is significant. You shouldn't downplay that.

And sure, the package might be better with draft pick A or player B. I wasn't arguing that, but this team does need to trade at least one of those guys. However, you can easily get a young athletic player with a draft pick that has more years of control than just trading for a young athlete on a team not getting any burn.

I don't think the Bulls nor most fans want to keep Robin Lopez or Justin Holiday. I don't think most fans want to keep Mirotic either. So why not trade them when they have value, and let Bobby/Markkanen play 35 minutes a night next to each other.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast