Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    So basically you guys are saying trade a protected 1st for Parker, locking in our 1st this year, but likely losing our 1st in 2019. I think I'd rather not spend 20+ million on a guy that tore his ACL twice, and bring in 2 young players to build with our young core. Not that Jabari isn't young, but those knees are an issue obviously.

If we are going to take risks, lets take a risk on Porter this year, bring him slowly and lock in another top 10 pick. Get some depth with the pick we land for Niko. We would have a 4 deep core, with a top 10 and top 20 pick in the next 2 draft to pair with guys like Bobby, Denzel, Nwaba on the bench. That team would be ridiculously deep and cheap. It'd give us flexibility to trade some of our bench youth, and use our cap on veterans in 2020 similar to how GSW brought in Iggy and Livingston.

Yeah i dont have any interest in Parker right now

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    So basically you guys are saying trade a protected 1st for Parker, locking in our 1st this year, but likely losing our 1st in 2019. I think I'd rather not spend 20+ million on a guy that tore his ACL twice, and bring in 2 young players to build with our young core. Not that Jabari isn't young, but those knees are an issue obviously.

If we are going to take risks, lets take a risk on Porter this year, bring him slowly and lock in another top 10 pick. Get some depth with the pick we land for Niko. We would have a 4 deep core, with a top 10 and top 20 pick in the next 2 draft to pair with guys like Bobby, Denzel, Nwaba on the bench. That team would be ridiculously deep and cheap. It'd give us flexibility to trade some of our bench youth, and use our cap on veterans in 2020 similar to how GSW brought in Iggy and Livingston.
    I agree that I wouldnít give up a first for Parker, even a protected first. I think weíre gna be better next year tho. Dunn/Lavine/Lauri plus r draft pic for whole year. Iím expecting playoffs next year. Thatís why i want us to tank and capitalize on this great draft class. I donít see the lottery too much in r future, nows the time to capitalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    I agree that I wouldnít give up a first for Parker, even a protected first. I think weíre gna be better next year tho. Dunn/Lavine/Lauri plus r draft pic for whole year. Iím expecting playoffs next year. Thatís why i want us to tank and capitalize on this great draft class. I donít see the lottery too much in r future, nows the time to capitalize.
    Bucks wouldn't accept a top 10 protected first from you guys anyway. Cause that's where Bulls will be next 3 or 4 years. It be pointless. He has more value to us. Also he trimmed down. Ya can see it in shoot arounds during pregame warm ups.

Neither did the Cavs, I'm sure, and now they have Brooklyn's pick. Teams can find their way into the lottery for a variety of reasons. The best bet is to try to be good and develop your players as well as possible. Teams that get in the "tank" mindset" often end up there regularly. Trading for Parker is assinine and not trading Niko and ROLO is equally as assinine. But, we should be happy we are winning games because it ultimately means that the players who are actually in a Bulls uniform are improving. Even a high draft pick in a good draft isnt a guarantee. Even the best drafts, historically, have one or two total busts in the top 6-7 players and non-busts have a varying degree of success. This year will be no different. At this point, I think all the top 3-4 talk for the bulls is wishful thinking. This is now 20+ games of pretty consistent basketball.

Itís not like the dude was expected to be great, heís getting paid peanuts. Heís been a useful floor spacer, which helps players like Dunn, and Lauri. Heís been very good given his contract IMO. Is he a guy Iím opposed to trading of course not, but I think he could be a useful bench player to a contending team this year. No reason to hate on him, is my point.
    I feel the same way. It is important to have players who work effectively with the guys you most want to see progress. Holiday is cheap, competes hard, and spreads the floor. He doesn't chuck up shots at nearly the rate he did early in the season, and is hitting shots. Im fine if we trade him, but am also happy to have him stick around for another year.

I think we could engage the Pelicans in a deal for Holiday. They are starting Rondo/Jrue/Moore at the 1/2/3 but have crap depth behind all those spots. Add Holiday, and now you have a guy that can back up the 2 and 3, and hit shots and play some defense. They are in a dangerous spot of missing the playoffs and that wouldn't look good for them keeping Cousins around. Holiday should give them a nice push to stay in the playoffs.

I really want the Bulls to trade Niko to the Jazz for there 1st rounder, then weíd have a decent shot at two lottery picks, that could be huge!

It is possible to make trades involving Mirotic with ESPN trade machine at last! There are tons of teams that could be interested in Niko but I doubt any of them are willing to give a first round pick to us, because picks are very overrated currently, more even if we considered this is not a deep draft and we are asking for a 20th-30th pick.

Consequently, if we donít include any draft pick, we should be able to make our trades cleanly through ESPN tool, and this is what I want to do just right now, few hours after this trade restriction expires. If any of these teams include a first pick, my grade would improve a lot.

Detroit Pistons:
    Stanley Johnson is that kind of player who our FO enjoy signing. He is not a draft pick but is something similar, because he is a third year player who hasnít proved what everybody expected yet. He could turn into a good asset (Dunn), decent asset (Grant) or a calamity (Payne). Jon Leuer is just a decent player who would fight against Felicio in order to get the fourth spot as big man, but his contract is even worst.

Bulls get: S.Johnson + Jon Leuer
    Pistons get: Mirotic
    Grade: C+

If Pistons doesnít include a first round (15th protected maybe) I would consider other market options. There are a lot of cheap contracts in our team, so we can absorb this kind of garbage contracts, but we could sign short contracts in the next free agency (something like 76ers made with Reddick) to players who make a difference.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd8ooxx2

Portland Trail Blazers:
    Evan Turner doesnít fit very as well in Portland as he did in Boston. Maybe only Stevens knows how to make him play properly. Blazers have already regretted to sign him 17 millions a year for 3 more years, and the same situation with Felicio in Chicago.

However, Felicio earns 10 millions less than Turner, and the other pieces involved in the trade are Mirotic and Ed Davis. I consider Mirotic better player than Ed Davis, so Portland should provide us with a first round pick. In case they wouldnít, I don't press the trigger either.

Bulls get: Ed Davis + Evan Turner
    Blazers get: Mirotic and Felicio
    Grade: B-

Dunn and Nwaba are ideal PG to play with Valantine and LaVine at SG spot, but they lack of creative ability. With Turner or Valantine on the floor Bulls would make up for that lack. Ed Davis would be an interesting improvement as fourth big man in the rotation and we could re-sign him for a moderate amount of money.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybb8ogs5

Utah Jazz:
    As long as we donít trade Robin Lopez, Favors is a redundant player, because he can only play as center in the current NBA, and any team want two relevant centers in the roster in this versatile NBA. But he is a really good player. I donít know if he would adapt to this team as well as Robin did, but he is better player. Rodney Hood is also a wonderful player, who would provide us defense and score at SF spots.

They are better than Mirotic and Holiday, there is no doubt, but there are some problems that maybe allow us to make this trade with Jazz:

1.Favors is a expiring and Hood will become restricted agent next year, and it seems both of them want to go out of Utah.
    2.There are other players like Gobert and Mitchell who eclipsed these players and make them expendables.
    3.Mirotic has said Utah is his favorite option and Europe connection with Rubio and Gobert would be intriguing.

Bulls get: Hood + Favors
    Jazz get: Holiday + Mirotic
    Grade: A

Utah would space the floor better, they would improve this year and the next one, because both Holiday and Mirotic have 2-years contracts, while Favors wonít be in Utah next year. Maybe we cannot re-sign Favors, but Hood could fit our team very well. I would even trade a first round pick (2018 top 10 protected, 2019 top 5 protected, 2020 unprotected) or 2 second picks to make this deal happens.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7qe4ehl
    I'm NBA fan who write from Spain so... I'm sorry for my spelling mistakes

Hopefully they deal Holiday too.

I wouldn't hate it if they dealt Lopez either, but don't just give him away. He's a good player and fits pretty well with this group.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'd love to see Holiday and Grant traded as well as Niko as long as the Bulls don't take back a long term crap contract. It'd be great to deal Felicio too but don't see that happening.

Jazz lost Sefelosha for the season, maybe Favors and a protected first round pick for Niko and Holiday would be fair? Then trade RoLo and the tank is back on.

With the way our young Core of Dunn/Lavine/Lauri has looked, and the fact that we have more money than anyone to spend, are we quickly becoming a destination for FA's?

I can see players on the outside looking in taking notice of what's going on. This isn't the same situation when we had Rose/Deng/Noah. We were strapped for cash that entire era. We had a ball dominant superstar, and not much athletic allure. Now we have 2 young players that look like stars in the making under 23 years old. We move the ball as good as any team in the league. Our 2 star potential players don't have egos.

Some other teams that have bright futures are:
    Indiana: Dipo/Turner/Sabonis
    Phoenix: Booker/Jackson/Bender/Warren
    Denver: Murray/Harris/Lyles/Jokic (Probably the deepest young core)
    Philly: Fultz/Simmons/Embiid
    Knicks: Porzinginis/Ntilikina
    Atlanta: Shrodes/Prince/Collins
    Lakers: Ingram/Ball/Kuzma
    Mavs: Smith Jr.
    Kings: Fox/Stein/Hield

I'd say our core stacks up with all of those. Only Denver and Philly have more talent.

Dont forget that Lavine is up for a contract this summer. A lot of our cap will be attributed to him

Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast