Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1168
    If Iím Portland, I look to deal Lillard over CJ. I think CJ is a better player personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Kemba was more athletic and a bit bigger/stronger. Also turned it over 5x less than young. But either way, was just answering the question.
    Trae's a lil lighter than walker but he is taller by a bit. Also kemba might not have turned it over as much cause he actually had team mates in college!

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I like McCollum but LaVine has the potential to be that caliber of player if not better, and Portis is rock solid and on a rookie deal. I'd pass.
    Portis is way overated, when we brought vonleh in off the street and played him the same mins as portis their production was nearly the same. Vonleh with his extra wingspan of a couple inches is prob even more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrove View Post
    Portis is way overated, when we brought vonleh in off the street and played him the same mins as portis their production was nearly the same. Vonleh with his extra wingspan of a couple inches is prob even more valuable.
    Actually Iíd say that Portis is unbelievably underrated on this forum for some reason. I like vonleh too but heís not anywhere near as good as Portis. Would love to keep both though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    If Iím Portland, I look to deal Lillard over CJ. I think CJ is a better player personally.

In what capacity is CJ better?

Id make that trade tho (lavine and portis for CJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    In what capacity is CJ better?

Id make that trade tho (lavine and portis for CJ)
    Lillard is more efficient, yes, so I guess looking at the numbers Iíd be wrong on him being worse.

I do think McCollum would put up similar numbers if he had the ball in his hands almost of the time though. Plus heís probably a better defender than Lillard at this point. Lillard is really bad on defense.

Blazers fan here (second to my Bulls, of course) - I definitely would not trade Lavine for CJ, let alone throwing in our best bench player. I love CJ and I think he's a great player, but I don't think he's a top 2 guy on a championship contending team. He's just too limited athletically and a big time defensive liability. He's probably better than Zach is right now, but Zach has the athletic ability and shooting range to be a legit offensive superstar.

As far as CJ vs. Lillard, Lillard is the better player because he's more athletic, has slightly better vision, and has a ridiculous clutch gene. It's not all that close to me, but I can understand the argument for CJ. He's probably the smarter and more well-rounded player, but the NBA, especially at guard these days, requires a pretty high level of athleticism to be elite. Oh, and they're both awful on defense. They're literally 207 and 208 out of 209 on nba.com defensive win shares from last year: https://stats.nba.com/players/defens...=DEF_WS&dir=-1 Mind boggling who is dead last though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aapox View Post
    Blazers fan here (second to my Bulls, of course) - I definitely would not trade Lavine for CJ, let alone throwing in our best bench player. I love CJ and I think he's a great player, but I don't think he's a top 2 guy on a championship contending team. He's just too limited athletically and a big time defensive liability. He's probably better than Zach is right now, but Zach has the athletic ability and shooting range to be a legit offensive superstar.

As far as CJ vs. Lillard, Lillard is the better player because he's more athletic, has slightly better vision, and has a ridiculous clutch gene. It's not all that close to me, but I can understand the argument for CJ. He's probably the smarter and more well-rounded player, but the NBA, especially at guard these days, requires a pretty high level of athleticism to be elite. Oh, and they're both awful on defense. They're literally 207 and 208 out of 209 on nba.com defensive win shares from last year: https://stats.nba.com/players/defens...=DEF_WS&dir=-1 Mind boggling who is dead last though.
    Agreed.

I think if you separate CJ from Lillard, he could blossom into a 25+ ppg scorer. If you have a guy like Dunn and Mikal, I doubt CJ's defense would be an issue. I like Lavine, and I see the potential, but we don't know if he will ever fully harness that. I know with CJ, we will have exactly what we need. CJ is also a playoff performer.

I see Lavine is clearly underrated in this forum. I get the fact heís terrible defensively but I hope people arenít judging him off 20 games or so coming off a major knee surgery. Time will tell but I saw him in route to stardom before he got hurt. He has everything in his repertoire to be a stud offensively. Heís elite at everything on offense besides maybe getting to the line. He has a Dawg like mentality and super competitive. I remember how he showed up and performed at the draft combine when most top guys either didnít show up or were limited in their participation but he did everything including participating in the games that he dominated. Mock my words heíll be the top 3 SG for the east for
    The next 5-8 years

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    I see Lavine is clearly underrated in this forum. I get the fact heís terrible defensively but I hope people arenít judging him off 20 games or so coming off a major knee surgery. Time will tell but I saw him in route to stardom before he got hurt. He has everything in his repertoire to be a stud offensively. Heís elite at everything on offense besides maybe getting to the line. He has a Dawg like mentality and super competitive. I remember how he showed up and performed at the draft combine when most top guys either didnít show up or were limited in their participation but he did everything including participating in the games that he dominated. Mock my words heíll be the top 3 SG for the east for
    The next 5-8 years

I think most of us like him. I just worry with him. I would have zero worries with a guy like CJ Mac and I think he's a perfect fit on this team in this offense. I think he would take a ton of pressure off of Dunn too. I wouldn't do this trade right now though. I'd at least give Lavine some time to improve his value next year.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    The next 5-8 years

I completely agree. Guys from UCLA also tend to be very good in the nba as well. But beyond that, not sure how anyone could form any negative opinions about him coming off an ACL injury. To me, he actually looked very good considering the circumstances. If he stays healthy I believe he becomes better and more valuable than McCollum.

You have to sign Lavine, work it out somehow, but he can't just walk away. Give him some time, he's going to do alright.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

It's very hard for guys who can't play defense to all of a sudden, years later, have a switch go on and become good defenders. Also, the fear with Lavine for me, is that 2 or 3 years from now, we'll still be talking about his potential. It'll be like the Timberwolves, who are still waiting for Wiggins to hit his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    It's very hard for guys who can't play defense to all of a sudden, years later, have a switch go on and become good defenders. Also, the fear with Lavine for me, is that 2 or 3 years from now, we'll still be talking about his potential. It'll be like the Timberwolves, who are still waiting for Wiggins to hit his potential.
    Wiggins, by most Twolves posters' account, is a coaster that doesn't care. I'm not sure if Lavine is in that same group. But, I don't know if Lavine becomes a star. I still want to see him one more, full season where he's healthy

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast