Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill4Real View Post
    Portis must go.

Preferably for Terrance Ferguson.
    Trading Portis makes zero sense. He is 22, cheap for a couple years, and a great bench piece.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Trading Portis makes zero sense. He is 22, cheap for a couple years, and a great bench piece.
    I tend to agree. But would not put it off the table either. Bobby essentially only has 1 year till he needs to get paid.... And yoy have to weigh how much you like hin or plan on keeping him

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Lakers have stated they will not use picks or young assets to move Deng. Unless a FA is coming in the offseson. It will only happen in the off season for team with cap and they won't give up Ingram for it.

So absolutely no shot IMO. I all ways considered a Niko for Deng and a future pick likely and reasonable. But it won't happen. The Lakers won't give up a pick on the chance they might get somebody. It would have to be a lock and they are ready to sign. . Meaning in the off-season. And meaning Niko is useless to them.

Fwiw. Bill proposed something like it a long time ago like they would give up Ingram to move him. And i still think its implausible to think that could happen.
    Yea as much as I would love this deal I cannot see the lakers giving up Ingram to move deng. They can stretch Deng if need be or they can wait until the summer to move Ingram if they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I tend to agree. But would not put it off the table either. Bobby essentially only has 1 year till he needs to get paid.... And yoy have to weigh how much you like hin or plan on keeping him
    That's not accurate. He has 2 full seasons of control left after this season, unless the Bulls decline his 5th year option (which makes no sense).

Sure, once he needs to be paid that's a decision the Bulls will have to make, but it's 2.5 seasons away.

I don't agree with that other guy that posts about trading him (nearly every day, lol). He's a good role player that costs next to nothing. It's not like you're getting anything great in return for him either. It's a trade for the sake of making one that probably has little to no impact on both the present and future of this team.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was done with Jimmy Butler and now I'm done with Bobby Portis.

It's that simple.

I'd like to see the latter receive the same fate as the former.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    That's not accurate. He has 2 full seasons of control left after this season, unless the Bulls decline his 5th year option (which makes no sense).

Sure, once he needs to be paid that's a decision the Bulls will have to make, but it's 2.5 seasons away.

I don't agree with that other guy that posts about trading him (nearly every day, lol). He's a good role player that costs next to nothing. It's not like you're getting anything great in return for him either. It's a trade for the sake of making one that probably has little to no impact on both the present and future of this team.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I thought rok contracts were 4 years???? Next year is his 4th. Unless your refering to his QO. Which is rarely used. The 5th year option your referring to does not exist.

QO only allows us to match making hin a RFA. And match. Plus that awful poision pill provision makes that something that rarely ever happens.

Either way we will have to decide after next year. Either pay hin or give the chance to walk
    Last edited by Kyben36; 01-03-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Fwiw. I think Holiday needs to go. I far more like what Denzel brings to the offense. As in actually seeming to be running it. As opposed to holiday who seems to be looking to jack shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill4Real View Post
    I was done with Jimmy Butler and now I'm done with Bobby Portis.

It's that simple.

I'd like to see the latter receive the same fate as the former.
    What’s wrong with Bobby?

Seen an interesting trade idea involving pistons and bulls which makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Pistons get: Mirotic (option picked up)and Grant

Bulls get: Stanley Johnson, Jon Leuer, 2018 1st round pick lottery protection. Mid 20s pick.

Great trade for both sides I think and Pistons realistically could look at Mirotic as a great fit

Quote Originally Posted by Linkels View Post
    Seen an interesting trade idea involving pistons and bulls which makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Pistons get: Mirotic (option picked up)and Grant

Bulls get: Stanley Johnson, Jon Leuer, 2018 1st round pick lottery protection. Mid 20s pick.

Great trade for both sides I think and Pistons realistically could look at Mirotic as a great fit
    That trade does work for both teams but not sure the pistons would give up a first round pick and/or need grant. Maybe Holiday and Niko for that package could work? Id like to give Stanley Johnson a shot off the bench.

Also try to trade Lopez for a bag of chips if you have to just get him out of here.

Dunn/Payne/Bring back Felder
    Lavine/Nwaba
    Valentine/Johnson
    Lauri/Leuerer
    Portis/Cris

let them all develop and lose because everyone above bnesides leurer n payne might have a future here unlike what is going on now.... PERFECT SCENARIO

Why grant I think should be included is because Jackson for them just got injured and is out 6 weeks. They are a team that desperately needs to make the playoffs and start building something and grant would be a great stop gap with Ish Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkels View Post
    Why grant I think should be included is because Jackson for them just got injured and is out 6 weeks. They are a team that desperately needs to make the playoffs and start building something and grant would be a great stop gap with Ish Smith.
    Completely forgot about RJ's injury, ok yes I would love a young player on a rookie deal and mid to late first round pick

Yea i think the pistons trade makes sense for both teams. I would do Niko, holiday, and grant for leuer, Johnson, moreland, and a lottery protected first. then I would trade robin to Cleveland for shumpert, zizic and there first. your team then is.

Dunn/Nwaba/Pain
    Lavine/Shumpert
    Valentine/Johnson
    Markkanen/leuer/Moreland
    Portis/Felicio/Zizic

You will then hopefully get a top 6 pick with this team and take 1 of Ayton, Bamba, Porter. Then you could possibly trade those 2 other first you acquired from the previous trades and try to move back up into the lottery. Come off-season depending on if you drafted a big or a SF i think you offer ether restricted free agent Clint Capela or Jabari Parker a big contract. I think both of these players could be had even though they are restricted. Houston all ready has a lot of money tied up and they might be going after lebron. Milwaukee on the other hand already has a lot of good young talent at the 3/4 and might not want to take the risk at tying up more money into those positions on someone coming off 2 ACL injury's.
    Last edited by drj152152; 01-04-2018 at 03:33 PM.

As a Pistons fan thats a tempting offer. Very fair. But Stanley is a great defender and alot of us think he would thrive away from SVG.

We neee a PF in the worst way.

Luer at 10m, Galloway at 7m, Boban 7m are all out of the rotation most nights.

Id gladly accept.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast