Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bills vs dolphins game day thread

Well here we are. Itís that time to say, that if we lose today, we are out of the playoffs and the drought continues.

We are at home. We have our playoff lives hanging by a thread. This should be a game we win. However, we donít have to worry about Tyrods performance today. All eyes should be on Drake and our run defense. If Miami can control the clock, keep our defense on the field by running for 5 yards every attempt, this game will be decided by that.

Great opening drive.

McDermott didnt ruin the drive by putting Tolbert in there and Cadet got us a first down by gaining yards as he always does.

We will have to hope the run defense holds up.

Great first half. As I said before this game started, this game will not be a loss based on Tyrods performance.

In the second half, pay attention to the coaches now. McDermott has a tendency of trying to lose games for us, by abandoning the pass and run run run punting the game away for us by giving the opponents every chance in the world to come back.

Got to love McDermotts decision making. 4th and goal at the 1 and Tolbert comes in and doesnít even come close. Thankfully Groy lines up wrong for the false start and we get 3 points out of it.

Can someone explain to me what McDermott sees in Tolbert, that makes him feel that Cadet and McCoy should take a back seat to him in these short yard situations.

Are we ever going to hold these idiots accountable for their stupid penalties? What kind of moron walks over to a player 10 yards out of bounds and slaps the ball out of hands right in front of the ref??

This team is ridiculous.

Adolphis Washington isnít a smart player. Never was in college and still stupid in the NFL.

Iím still trying to figure out why McDermotts time outs today have killed plays for Buffalo but have helped Miami to get more opportunities.

Meh. It's a win. You guys complain but really it's amazing this team wins. The talent level is so low on this squad. We shouldn't be close to the playoffs. If this was the talent level with rex, what do you think our record would be? A lot of McDermott hate here but really what he's done is impressive. We have bottom 5 talent overall.

What has he done impressive. Heís screwed this team way more than help it. First half we were killing them. Just like we were killing KC in the first half. Then he goes into this rediculous shell, Tolbert then enters the game and we allow these teams to creep back into games. He is not a good coach.

Last week punting in overtime on 4th and 1. This week instead of kicking 50 yarder going for it on 4th and 7. Heís put us in very bad situations all year long. Letís just be thankful of Cutlers int Christmas gift. That was more helpful than McDermotts coaching. Never forget Carolina and Cincinnati. Tyrod should be 10-4
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-17-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    What has he done impressive. Heís screwed this team way more than help it. First half we were killing them. Just like we were killing KC in the first half. Then he goes into this rediculous shell, Tolbert then enters the game and we allow these teams to creep back into games. He is not a good coach.

Last week punting in overtime on 4th and 1. This week instead of kicking 50 yarder going for it on 4th and 7. Heís put us in very bad situations all year long. Letís just be thankful of Cutlers int Christmas gift. That was more helpful than McDermotts coaching. Never forget Carolina and Cincinnati. Tyrod should be 10-4
    His point is that Rex and Marrone had more talented Bills teams and they weren't this good, especially under Rex. This team now has very little talent, but somehow they are 8-6. I agree. He's definitely not perfect, but that doesn't mean you can't acknowledge the good as well.

I don't think any of us can see the things that he's done to get us to 8-6 in a rebuild year. The preparation, the motivation ect. You can hate but color me impressed.

We are talking about coaching. If you think Rex and Marrone had more talent when they were here, I can possibly agree with that. However, we are talking about Coaching loosing games, not talent. There were several losses with Marrone, that we can blame on him. Marrone punted from the opponents side of the field, 4 times in games we lost by one score. Rex hired his brother then changed the best defense in the league and teams ran wild against us. Several Bills players complained that Rob Ryan ruined this team. That again is all on coaching. Not talent.

What we see here this year was not a rebuild. McCoy and Tyrod would have been history if this was a rebuild. There is no such thing as a half rebuild as someone said before. Your all in, or your not.

McDermott felt he can get the defense back to the way it was and that with Tyrod and McCoy, the result we see was the results they could get. Unfortunately, he doesn't know how to coach in the meantime.

Carolina and Cinci, were both wins for this team that McDermott lost. I will not stop repeating that fact. Think about what our record would be and the shape this team would be in now, if just one of those games gave us a win. All he had to do against Cinci is kick a field goal with 12 seconds left in the half. But he wasn't smart enough for that. In Carolina, all the announcers were wondering what the hell is McDermott doing, in a field goal game, kneeling it at our 40 yard line in the first half with 1:30 left to play.

don't forget in a close game in Atlanta, McDermott calls a time out, then sends 10 guys onto the field. Yes, we then get lucky, But If Sunu and Julio Jones were on the field, there shouldn't be a doubt in anyone's mind, that McDermott looses us that game for his error.

We then get killed by the Jets, however, in our comeback attempt, Tyrod throws for 280 gets us 4tds. The next week, New Orleans is handing us the same beating, but in the 2nd half, he only lets Tyrod throw 5 passes. And we settle for the loss at halftime, by running 23 times for 36 yards.

Against New England, look at my game day thread. I said McDermott hasn't coached all year long, but hopefully today, in order to beat NE, we see a new bag of tricks that maybe he was saving. First drive, the Wild Cat was all he can come up with. Having Tyrod line up as WR, Webb at QB, running, throwing, that lame attempt was the only game he coached all year. Can you ever remember a season that the Bills not once did an end around? A reverse, flee flicker? This is that year. At least Marrone and Rex did that once in a while. Our coaching game plan doesn't have any wrinkles in it, for the other teams to worry about in preparation of playing us. Some of you guys can be impressed, but I am embarrassed for the team. Which is why I wont even comment again about the putrid LA QB decision, that made this team the laughing stock of the NFL, throughout every single media venue.

Name me a game this team won because of McDermott's coaching. Even the games we win, it seems he is trying hard to coach those into losses, with his second half, curl up in a fetal position mentality, then pray we run out the clock and win. Again as I said before, we were destroying KC and Miami in the first half of each game. Why he continues to allow teams to hang on baffles me. This is why Bellichick has no problem running up scores. Good coaches wont take a chance at losing.

That's your opinion. Mine is different.

This team is definitely built to get a lead and run out the clock. The fact we have had so many 1st half leads is baffling in itself. That shows good coaching.

How do you know we win those games if we score a field goal before half time? Did you visit that dimension of space time? It's amazing we we're even competitive against Carolina.

That being said... My expectations if this team are dirt. This team is legitimately bottom 5 in overall talent. Possibly bottom 2. If we make the playoffs then it is my opinion we should thank the coaching staff for somehow getting this ragtag bunch of misfits there - while also accumulating draft picks. It would be nice to make the playoffs and end the drought but I have bigger aspirations. Rather than squeak into the playoffs I think a better outcome from this season would have been to go winless and pick the QB of the future 1st overall. I couldnt care less about adding a playoff loss to the season.

I think it's safe to say McDermott has changed the culture and that is what we hoped from this season.

Fans are not going to agree 100% with every move a coach makes. Ever. If the head coach of the Buffalo Bills was Pete Carroll, or Sean Payton, or Mike Tomlin, or whomever you want to name, the same fans that complain about McDermott are going to complain about them too.

The bottom line is, we haven't seen the Bills in a playoff game since January of 2000. We could see that change this year under a first year head coach. That's the end of discussion to me. McDermott has us in a good position to make the playoffs. I'm just going to enjoy that.

He coaches our team to lose. We have not once seen him coach to win. Nobody here, who are fans of him, can tell me one game where we can say, if it wasn't for McDermott, we would have lost that game. In Car. and Cinci, we can put those losses solely on him. Chargers, same thing.

Please tell me, just one game we can all look back at, and then be thankful McDermott was coaching this team over any other coach in the league.

And when people here are happy that we have held plenty of first half leads, you proved my point, by the coach then losing, or nearly losing those games in the second half. He doesn't get credit for winning a half of football. Is our fan base that beaten down that we now celebrate mediocrity? The Bills path to the playoffs is still incredibly difficult. We only hold the 6th seed over Baltimore on a technicality. If we both finish with the same Record, the real tie breaker will be put in place that gives Baltimore the spot over the Bills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast