Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Did you guys notice how well the Panthers offensive scheming was?

Can you imagine if we could scheme open TEs and RBs like that? Jesus Iím jealous. Hell of a game scheme by the panthers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also have talent at tight end in particular. We were slow to adjust to Finleyís injury and finally thought we had it fixed with Bennett, who was an absolute trash.

Depressing loss

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    They also have talent at tight end in particular. We were slow to adjust to Finleyís injury and finally thought we had it fixed with Bennett, who was an absolute trash.
    Dude. Rewatch the game, dammit. Greg is not running one hundred percent, they attached soft zone coverage with great scheming, none of it had to do with his athleticism (which is lacking right now anyways).

Stop arguing everything I say with BS.

MM and DC got annihilated by their counterparts today, whether you like it or not.

It's zone or almost a prevent defense EVERY play!

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    TT ****ed up when he passed on cooks for Bennett. TT let Hayward walk and now he's still looking for competent CB's. He tries to get cute in the draft and trade back to stock picks but doesn't get players that elevate this team. Everything about this teams runs through Rodgers and if he doesn't play out of his mind we end up losing.

Capers has to go but look at the players he has to work with right now.

I think MM is a decent coach but he does nothing to elevate Rodgers or get all that creative in anyway. Every year our offense looks the same.

All it is anymore is lets see how far Rodgers can take us in a sport that's reliant on the TEAM not just one player.

Sick of this mediocre garbage.

Yea Richard Rodgers and lance Kendricks are just as talented as a banged up Greg Olsen. I donít know how I donít see that.

Dom capers got destroyed, no doubt about that. But I donít understand how mike got dominated as well. But I do understand, itís because everyone on here hates him. Rodgers first pick shouldnít have been thrown, thatís a bad ball and a bad play. But the other two picks had guys open, he just under threw the balls.

Iím not blaming Rodgers for the loss by any means, but mccarthys offensive gameplan wasnít bad at all. We punted twice against one of the toughest defenses in the league. We overcame the loss of our top offensive playmaker to put up a fight. We turned it over 4 times, but that had nothing to do with scheme or coaching. Rodgers was only sacked 3 times and one of those at the end was almost entirely because Cobb slipped and fell on a blitz. Rodgers had to eat it, because his primary receiver, who was probably going to break open slipped.

If Rodgers could have two throws back, which are throws he usually makes, we easily could have put up 38 on one of the top defenses.

Blame the defense all you want. They were awful today and rarely stepped up. But I do not understand how mike and the offense was the problem. Or how he was so anihilated by his counterpart.

MM is last on the list i want fired right now. But unlike most, i am not afraid of change.

I never said I was afraid of change, itís just that the assumption that change is always positive isnít true either.

I think mike is a good head coach. If we make a change at GM, then the GM should get to choose the coach. So in that case, Iím okay changing coaches. But ted firing mike to save his job would be dumb. Mike has been more impressive than ted lately in my mind.

Dom needs to go, no doubt about it. Iím still disappointed in the level of talent, particularly the lack of defensive playmakers. And some of that lies on ted. But our defense seems to be needlessly complex and we end up with guys out of position or major communication failures far to often not to lie a good chunk of the blame on our defensive coaches.

One thing I know is that mike and Aaron seem to work well together. As much as people want to say they donít, the stats back up the fact that we are consistently a top offense under mike with a healthy Aaron. And part of the reason Aaron looks so great is because he has an insane level of knowledge of this offense and is very comfortable with it. Is it fairly likely that Rodgers could run just about any offense? Yes, but that doesnít mean heíd have the same level of mastery. Itís possible weíd take a step back on offense with a coaching change. I wouldnít risk that when the current version of the offense can be great.

To me, it seems worth overhauling the defense and defensive staff to see if we can build an above average defense to pair with this offense.

First step is firing Dom. Question is who's that responsibility? Is TT giving MM that responsibility? Or is it up to TT? Either way one of them has to let this dude go. That's a start. Drafting defensive players hasn't been TT's strong suit it seems so i don't have much trust in him being to overhaul the defense just based of the draft alone.

I would agree with that assessment. But one counterpoint to that is if you look at guys drafted near our picks, itís not like we are missing on big time studs, especially early in drafts. And thatís especially true if you take a step back and look at our team at the time. Like Landon Collins was drafted shortly after Randall, but safety wasnít a need at the time, especially after just take haha.

Ultimately it doesnít matter. As the GM, your job is to acquire talent. If talent isnít there when youíre drafting, you need to get it elsewhere. I get that. But draft position hasnít done us a ton of favors either.

I just donít think anyone who has played in this scheme is getting a ďfairĒ shake.

I think weíve had a lot of players who would be successfull if utilized to their strengths.

I think we will see that...if we ever fire DC.

Itís as if MM and DC only know how to scheme against eachother. Lol.

Then game time comes, and they just stick to it, and donít adapt to what someone else does.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast