Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    So you would say we have top offensive talent then?

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    So you would say we have top offensive talent then?
    Thereís two positions in football that have a scarce amount of talent. QB and Pass Rushing.

So yea. We have elite talent on offense. With a solid group of an offensive line, a solid group of talent at WR and RB (two of the most saturated positions currently).

So yea. You give our offensive talent a real 2017 NFL scheme and they will be more successful than they are with MM.

Rewatch the panthers game. Make a note of how many times they ďschemedĒ players open. In a play where the players talent didnít get him open, but the play call was a correct choice against the defense.

This is simple man. Itís really simple. Watch the panthers offense against us, then watch the Vikings this weekend.

Those are two REAL offensive schemes, without a QB close to Rodgers level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itís such a trash double standard. Christian mccaffery is arguably the best route running rb in the league. He beats his guy and he was schemed open. Greg Olsen goes and sits in a soft spot in a zone, which is something heís done since he entered the league, and heís schemed open. I bet the scheme caused us to blow the coverage on Olsen for his touchdown too.

Randall Cobb takes advantage of his guy in the a lot and gets wide open. Great job cobb and Rodgers, scheme still sucks. Rich Rodgers scores on a busted coverage, just like Olsen did, and I bet you give Carolina credit for the Olsen td but say the rich rod one was luck.

But thatís everyone that hates the coaches. If we do well, the players made the plays. If we donít do well, the coaches didnít put the players in position to make plays. That happens all the time and has been happening for years.

And quite frankly, for a decent portion of the game, I thought Carolinas scheme sucked. Their first two drives were both well executed, then they went to stupid plays and play calls for a stretch. We have an awful defense and we forced 4 punts. Iíd hardly say they called some genius game. Plus, on more than one 3rd down, cam had to break a tackle to pick up the first on a designed pass. I reallly donít get how you watched that game a thought how great of gameplan carolina had from start to finish. They had moments and drives, but as a whole, it wasnít anything special, especially against our trash defense.

But whatever, Iím done with this coversation. Thereís nothing that will convince you that our offense schemes arenít bad. We are 10th in the league in points per drive despite Rodgers playing about half the snaps. Weíve actually played a fairly difficult defensive schedule as well. To me, thatís evidence of a solid scheme. To you, it isnít. Youíll use the eye test, which to me is deceiving unless youíre a trained scout who watched almost every snap of every game (even the non packers games). And watched the all 22 views and all that crap. Youíve probably seen like 3 panthers games this year and probably like 5 Vikings games. Maybe Iím wrong and maybe you watch all their games. But assuming you donít, of course their concepts are going to look fresh and different. Ours will always look stale because you see them week after week.

To be fair any OC we go up against will look like a freaking genius against our sorry *** defense. I mean Cam was literally laughing at our defense and specifically at one of our "stars" on defense.

With that said i do think MM needs to add some more wrinkles to this offense cause it looks damn near the same every single year. But i do give him a bit of a break cause our overall offensive talent is not where it should be.

I also think our OL needs to be worked on in the off-season. Bulaga can't be relied on to stay healthy and Evans was not a long term answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    To be fair any OC we go up against will look like a freaking genius against our sorry *** defense. I mean Cam was literally laughing at our defense and specifically at one of our "stars" on defense.

With that said i do think MM needs to add some more wrinkles to this offense cause it looks damn near the same every single year. But i do give him a bit of a break cause our overall offensive talent is not where it should be.
    But isnít that the point. We have a top 1/3 of the league offense this year with Rodgers only playing half the season.

Thatís part of the challenge and my frustration. People complain about our offensive scheme. People complain about our offensive talent. People talk about how poorly Hundley played. Yet we still had pro football outsiders 12th ranked offense. We still rank near the top 10 in a fair amount of metrics.

I donít hate adding wrinkles. We have some talent in the backfield. I would like to see them get more involved. But we canít have an above average offense with poor talent and a bad scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I also think our OL needs to be worked on in the off-season. Bulaga can't be relied on to stay healthy and Evans was not a long term answer.
    I sort of agree. I think it depends on how they think bulaga can bounce back. I think Evans will probably sit out a game or two towards the end here. McCray will get a chance at guard. He might be a decent option there.

I think we should consider drafting a lineman early. Iím not neccesarily married to it though. This is of course assuming we resign linsley. If heís gone too, then line is a big need.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345