Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dodgers acquire Matt Kemp

From the Braves For Brandon McCarthy, Scott Kazmir, Charlie Culberson, Adrian Gonzalez, and cash considerations.

They should have just went after Stanton if this was the case. Regardless, Dodgers get big money off the books.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-16-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

the dodgers think they are getting harper & machado but they dont know that it will be the yankees.

Not smart for Braves. Helped LA in salary dump and picked up their garbage as well.

Can't understand why The Braves would do this. I think The Dodgers would have just assumed get rid of these guys for nothing. Not that Kemp is a great return but they only guy I thought they had an outside shot of trading without eating all the salary was McCarthy. Not sure how much money they ate but I'm hearing this will get them under the tax so it couldn't have been too much.

wow... that is a TON of money....

McCarthy - 10 million
    Kazmir - 8 million (plus 3 more years of deferred 8mil each year... I assume the Dodgers still pay most of that)
    Gonzalez - 21.5 mil

for

Kemp - 21.5 mil but for 2 more years.

So... the total amount of money is pretty close, but the Braves are paying it all this year, instead of both years. Interesting move. If Gonzalez or Kazmir have bounce back years... they could be moved as the season goes, and then the Braves would clearly be the "winners" of this trade. I like this for both teams. The Dodgers are trying to position themselves under the cap. The Braves are trying to rebuild using assets (and money is a good one).

I wonder if the Braves will consider dealing Freddie Freeman now.

Rumor on twitter is AGon is going to get released by the Braves and Kemp won't play for the Dodgers so they're either trading him somewhere else or releasing him, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    I wonder if the Braves will consider dealing Freddie Freeman now.
    Not a chance. A-Gon already got DFA'd already. This was about the Braves getting Kemp off the books next year and Dodgers getting cheaper this year.

Aren't the Dodgers still paying 2.75M each year for Kemp? lol

Good dump since we're still paying Kemp anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25:32046634
    Aren't the Dodgers still paying 2.75M each year for Kemp? lol
    3.5 mil minimum

Makes sense for both teams. Dodgers get under the cap although now they’re handicapped by another 20MM next year.

Makes much more sense from the Braves perspective. You get Culberson for nothing, you hope that McCarthy and Kazmir are healthy and can be lottery tickets, maybe they move them in July. Plus it takes a load off their young starters.

More importantly, Braves have an extra 20MM to spend next year with the stacked FA pool.

They also free up a spot for Acuna. Braves are only year away from contention so I like this a lot for them. A lot less from a Mets fan POV.

This makes a lot more sense knowing that Gonzalez and Kemp are going to be dumped. I was actually kinda fired up to get Kemp back lol.

Kemp for Gonzalez, Kasmir, and McCarthy. What year is it?

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013 • 2015

Yea we pretty much moved Kemp's two years at 20M to one year at 40M+. If one of McCarthy or Kazmir could be an Ok starter that helps even more. Had to open a spot for Acuna and it being Kemp over Markakis is huge being he can atleast field in the OF and get on base even though his power is gone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast