Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should there be an NBA Legends game during NBA All Star Weekend

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 88.89%
  • No

1 11.11%

Should the NBA have a Legends game during NBA All Star Weekend

If anything I was thinking to myself that you know how NBA All Star Weekend has all of these events but what they don't have is a Legends game where you have past legends playing against each other in a game. Now I thought to myself that wouldn't the NBA All Star Weekend generate more interest if you have past legends coming back to play a game against their fellow legends? I think it would be pretty damn cool and what is the NBA All Star Weekend all about? Giving back to the fans but it is also all about entertainment as well

The problem is, these guys aren't going to do it for free. A bunch of them probably will never touch a basketball again and would never risk some sort of injury. I would like to see recently retired players such as Kobe, Duncan, etc., but there is no incentive for them to do it at all.

I think the only solution for all-star weekend is the NBA investing huge money in it. So it's doomed.

Until the players care about rivalries and having a conference bragging rights, the ASG is trash in every way and every thing associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If anything I was thinking to myself that you know how NBA All Star Weekend has all of these events but what they don't have is a Legends game where you have past legends playing against each other in a game. Now I thought to myself that wouldn't the NBA All Star Weekend generate more interest if you have past legends coming back to play a game against their fellow legends? I think it would be pretty damn cool and what is the NBA All Star Weekend all about? Giving back to the fans but it is also all about entertainment as well
    Retired players play in the celebrity game. It's the only thing that makes it bearable.

Hell, I'd settle for a legends game of HORSE. Imagine a field of 6-8 elite retired Hall of Famers trying to outdo each other, and inevitably betting thousands of dollars on the side on every shot. Would the guy shooting in front of Shaq show him up by just shooting a free throw? Would Jordan try to dunk from the free throw line? Can Hakeem still Dream Shake in his 50s?

Seriously, how much fun would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉

Better than the dunk contest.

Apparently, these guys want to make the official ASG competitive again. That's all we can ask for, tbh.

It would be mostly underwhelming/sad and filled with players no casual fans remember.

MTM did you just ask if Jordan would try to dunk from the FT line? Lol. Jordan can probably barely dunk, and if he has a hip issue (very well could), he can't.

I still think the ASG should decide who gets home court in the NBA finals. Players would give a damn if it meant an extra home game

No, it will suck regardless, they should cancel the weekend and give these babies some of the rest they like to cry about not getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Hell, I'd settle for a legends game of HORSE. Imagine a field of 6-8 elite retired Hall of Famers trying to outdo each other, and inevitably betting thousands of dollars on the side on every shot. Would the guy shooting in front of Shaq show him up by just shooting a free throw? Would Jordan try to dunk from the free throw line? Can Hakeem still Dream Shake in his 50s?

Seriously, how much fun would that be?
    first good idea I have heard. Let them play horse and talk as much **** and bet as much of there own cash as they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    Better than the dunk contest.
    I know right and it would bring in ratings for that alone