View Poll Results: Who pulls it off?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bears

0 0%
  • Lions

2 100.00%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Lol, one more win isn't going to be the difference between FA's coming here or not. Pace is go to have to spend big no matter what. We're going to have to overpay, much like the Jags did the last couple offseasons.

As far as the next coach goes, the selling point is Trubisky. I doubt they look at the quality of losses and say "welp, they lost to the Browns, not interested".

I want a blue chip prospect, not a pointless win over the Browns and settling for a fringe top 10 prospect.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-22-2017 at 06:33 PM.

It's not about the prestige of beating the Browns that makes me want the win, it's the shame of losing to a total dumpster fire team that scares me more.

One could look at our strength of schedule wins right now, and reasonably conclude that we're actually a decently talented team that is under performing our talent level...

On the other hand, I don't think there's any way to spin a team that becomes the "1" for a 1-15 Cleveland dumpster fire.. If I was a FA, I'd look at the Bears as potentially being next year's Rams or Eagles right now.... I don't at all think it's the same situation if we lose to Cleveland. We'd go from "the bad team that had the talent to beat Pittsburgh" to "The dumpster fire team who couldn't even beat Cleveland".

It's not worth the minor draft position gain, particularly looking at how this draft board is shaking out right now....

Going to the game Sunday and got lucky to get pretty decent seats.

Can't wait to watch our dumpster fire and Cleveland's first win!
    2017 Chicago Bears Wide Receiver Corps

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    It's not about the prestige of beating the Browns that makes me want the win, it's the shame of losing to a total dumpster fire team that scares me more.
    We've lost to a couple dumpster fire teams already this season (TB, SF, GB without Rodgers). Why does it matter if we lose to another?

One could look at our strength of schedule wins right now, and reasonably conclude that we're actually a decently talented team that is under performing our talent level...
    Sure, and I agree with that. Have been saying all season that we'd probably be in the WC mix with a halfway competent HC and not such awful injury luck. I don't think another loss to a bad team changes that for prospective HC candidates or potential FA's.

You can make a similar argument for the Browns. They've played a ton of close games, several against good teams (PIT, TEN, JAX, LAC, GB). Much like the Bears are probably better than a 4 win team, the Browns are almost certainly better than a 0 win team and they quietly have an above average Defense and the #1 Run D in the league (according to DVOA). They're not a good team, but they're not a complete pushover either.

On the other hand, I don't think there's any way to spin a team that becomes the "1" for a 1-15 Cleveland dumpster fire.. If I was a FA, I'd look at the Bears as potentially being next year's Rams or Eagles right now.... I don't at all think it's the same situation if we lose to Cleveland.
    Meh, I don't really think it matters at all. FA's typically chase the money, especially in a sport like football where their careers are so short, and the Bears haven't been all that willing to pay recently while they've been rebuilding. Pace is going to have to overpay no matter what if he's going to improve this roster next year, similarly to what the Jaguars have done the past couple offseasons. They were a bad team, close to Browns territory, but have rebuilt their Defense with high end FA acquisitions (most of which they had to overpay...Jackson, Campbell, Bouye) and landed a pretty good HC in Doug Marrone.

It's not worth the minor draft position gain, particularly looking at how this draft board is shaking out right now....
    Strongly disagree here. We're talking about the difference in maybe the 4-5th pick and the 8-10th pick. Looking back at just our most recent drafts, it could be the difference between:

• Jalen Ramsey to Leonard Floyd
    • Amari Cooper or Leonard Williams to Kevin White
    • Aaron Donald or ODB to Kyle Fuller (not exactly the same pick range, but missing out on Donald really hurts)

We'll likely see 2 QB's go in the top 5, so being 5th would give us a shot at a couple of elite prospects (IMO there's probably 4-5 of them in this draft...Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Nelson, James, maybe Connor Williams). Moving down into the 8-10 range makes it more than likely that we're missing out on most of them and will probably have to settle for the 2nd tier guys. I think we all know that this team badly needs more elite talent, in several places, than just another solid player and IMO that's the risk you run here by winning an extra (completely meaningless) game.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-22-2017 at 10:21 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    To that last point Damn u gotta have the right guys to recognize talent too though. I think we do. But sometimes it also comes down to some luck

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Really i think you can make selling points to a potential FA. A win over the browns probablu does not come up. I mean. Anyone rememver man handling the Stealers. We have had a bunch of close games. Some bad ones too. But considering the fact that under Mitch we have yet to be dominated by an opponent in conference (the only exception was Glennons 3-4 TO game vs the packers. )

I think you can allways comvince a guy to come. Bring up the highlights of last season. Bring up mitches development. Nowhere do you mention 4-12 or 5 - 11 anyway. You point to the future. What's ahead. The OC who will get the ball in your hands via Mitch.

I mean. If Pace brings up a win against the browns. Your not pitching right anyway. The ability to pitch this year as a positive went out when we lost the chance to be at least a .500 team.

And again. Like Damn pointed out. FA chase money. Its why the jags got how many key FA over the years. AJ Bouye didn't sign because the jags won 3 games as opposed to 2. Malik Jackson was not impressed with 5 wins they had. They may have been pitched a vission of the future. But most of those guys went to the team with the most cap because they had the most money to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    The rush got to him today IMO. He was very aware of the players around him and he never threw on balance. The more I've watched, the more I say the problem for Trubisky has been throwing with bodies around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quite the opposite...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CHIBears/co..._fox_is_right/

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011