Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 378
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    What? So keeping Jdr is? Real talk San Fran is playing better than us right now and looks like they will be closer to getting a ring than we are. And this is their FIRST YEAR! You canít tell me Lynch and Shannahan Are not better than Reggie and jack. At least if you compare this year they are doing much more with less! NO NO NO the answer is not to keep Jdr. The bengals were 15 years consistantly with Marvin Lewis who is without question by far better coach than jdr actually one of his mentors and what did it get them?
    Ya, Its hard to watch what is going on in San Fran. Fact is I have seen enough already. I just can't look.

    The Raiders need to clean house and it starts at the top. Everyone from Reggie to Derek. The three that Mark just extended. We will never win a ring with any of them.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Ya, Its hard to watch what is going on in San Fran. Fact is I have seen enough already. I just can't look.

    The Raiders need to clean house and it starts at the top. Everyone from Reggie to Derek. The three that Mark just extended. We will never win a ring with any of them.
    The Niners were better than us in the 80ís and passed us with five rings. They hired Harbaugh we hired Hue. They became better than us again. We were both bad after that with Dennis Allen and their coaching changes. We went 12-4 last year and they are not far off from us now and looks like they will be better. They definitely have a better GM and coach . People still saying stay the course give Jdr time. This is now six years into rm five year plan. First it was the tear down phase then the rebuild What is this the plateaue stage? SIX years and this is Jdr third. Doesnít take this long.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    The Niners were better than us in the 80ís and passed us with five rings. They hired Harbaugh we hired Hue. They became better than us again. We were both bad after that with Dennis Allen and their coaching changes. We went 12-4 last year and they are not far off from us now and looks like they will be better. They definitely have a better GM and coach . People still saying stay the course give Jdr time. This is now six years into rm five year plan. First it was the tear down phase then the rebuild What is this the plateaue stage? SIX years and this is Jdr third. Doesnít take this long.
    I hate Lynch. And its getting worse all the time. The Jimmy trade is just hard to take. He doesn't have much starting experience so we will see how it all works out, but he looks good.
    They will have to make up their mind on Jimmy pretty quick because he will be a free agent. Looks like he will get paid. High risk with the small sample size, high reward I guess. Maybe they will use a franchise tag on him?

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    Just know Jdr fired NINETEEN assistant coaches in Jacksonville 19!!! He has fired two here and going to be 3 if he stays Maybe some of yíall are ok with this and donít see a problem. But this is who he is. Some of us sound like Jacksonville fans. Just give Jdr a different dc. A different oc . Man, this guy is not a good head coach. Go look at the press conference vid when Carr got hurt oppose to Doug Pederson vid when Wentz did. You will see a striking difference! People on here complaining about a measurement. Man listen he just got out coached, beaten and lost at home without thier best player in Zeke. And KC beat us without one of thier best defendenders. Jdr would never be able to outcoach Reid, Tomlin or Belichek to get to the Super Bowl idc what team he has. For gods sake itís Jack Del Rio! There is no give him this and fire Downing. We will be nine years in like Jacksonville before we wake up and realize itís him. Btw he went 12-4 with Jacksonville (lost the division title like he did here ) went 8-8 the next year and missed the playoffs. Like this year we will likely go 6-10 and yes missed the playoffs and yíall talking about firing Downing???????? Smh. If Jdr was fired the most he would get is a dc position teams wouldnít even look at as a hc and we are justifying reasons to keep him? man o man we fell along way from our rich tradition. Commitment to mediocre!!
    Good points. Can't argue. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to see us hire someone better than JDR. Just don't hire someone worse. They do exist. Downing? He needs to go immediately, poor decision by Jack that should have been fixed by now. He destroyed this offense and Jack let him. The switch to ZBS ruined the running game, and in turn, ruined our happy feet QB. Carr can perform under the right circumstances. We HAD the right circumstances.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Altus, Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,467
    Imagine if JDR had fired KNJ and Downing in the off season, where we would be now...I'm willing to bet smooth sailing.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Imagine if JDR had fired KNJ and Downing in the off season, where we would be now...I'm willing to bet smooth sailing.
    Smh. The fact that he didnít shows how bad of a coach he is

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    12,773
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Was Downing responsible for changing blocking schemes to benefit Lynch? For all the drops? Isnít Carr supposed to be audibling into more ideal plays?

    Guess my point is...everyone sucked this year, there is a lot of blame to go around.

    No one gets a pass.

    -Stork
    I think you nailed it with this statement Stork. A lot of blame to go around from top to bottom, kind of eliminates the ol' scapegoat thing. No one gets a pass...they'd drop it anyway.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    16,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I think you nailed it with this statement Stork. A lot of blame to go around from top to bottom, kind of eliminates the ol' scapegoat thing. No one gets a pass...they'd drop it anyway.
    Just to jump in, because I was set to respond to Stork's post...

    Yes, I think we can blame Downing for changing the blocking scheme, not coordinating the offense better and for putting the brakes on Carr.

    I'm sorry, but the offense is arguably as talented / more talented than it was last year, but has dropped 15 places in terms of production. Should we go through the list of what, if anything, has changed since last year?

    JDR was an overachieving coach who got decent results in Jacksonville with middling QB performance. I had hoped he was the kind of guy who would get excellent results with excellent QB play -- and, in fairness, he did, in 2016.

    He could have built on that success and made the team better by keeping Musgrave and switching coordinators to boost production on defense. Instead, he fired his successful OC and kept his unsuccessful DC, which is the dumbest decision he could have made.

    How bad is Downing? The Raiders are undefeated when they score 10+ points in the first half a game. They've only done that 6 times all season. That's pathetic.

    How pathetic?

    In 2006 -- the legitimate low-point of this franchise -- the Raiders had 7 games with 10+ points in the first half, with Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo playing QB. (And, yes, the accursed Alvis F*ing Whitted was on that damned team!)

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    14,288
    Downing told Cook to not block Jeff Heath?

    Yeah, Downing sucks...but there is a lot more wrong with this team than just him.

    If the tree (that you love) in your front yard is dying, a pruning is in order. Painful decisions will need to be made.

    -Stork

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,449
    This tree is dead. They have 7 guys worthy of building the team around, everyone else should leave.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    More undrafted free agents are having a bigger impact then drafted players
    Yeah and that says a lot. I think he's a good man and Mark is loyal to him but I would like to see a whole new regime. Reggie has blown far too many high picks, and Jack needs to go as well. Carr can still be salvaged IMO, but I want a complete defensive rebuild, we do not have the talent on hand yet but it can be done.

    We're seeing a shift in the NFL back towards defense and rushing. An elaborate passing attack is wonderful and all but it doesn't travel well. Defense does. There's multiples examples of this from many teams across the league.
    Last edited by Ed Wang; 12-21-2017 at 06:14 PM.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Yeah and that says a lot. I think he's a good man and Mark is loyal to him but I would like to see a whole new regime. Reggie has blown far too many high picks, and Jack needs to go as well. Carr can still be salvaged IMO, but I want a complete defensive rebuild, we do not have the talent on hand yet but it can be done.

    We're seeing a shift in the NFL back towards defense and rushing. An elaborate passing attack is wonderful and all but it doesn't travel well. Defense does. There's multiples examples of this from many teams across the league.
    The defense is playing much better under Pagano. Suddenly top 10 in many categories since he took over.

    The offense can go right back up to top ten, top five even, with a competent OC. Downing proves game after game his complete idiocy, and utter disdain for our guys' strengths, and what works and what doesn't. He needs to go back to QB coach or hit the road. Jack needs to find a good OC or he can hit the road too.

    I strongly disagree. This team does NOT need to be blown up and start over.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    south OC
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    This tree is dead. They have 7 guys worthy of building the team around, everyone else should leave.
    lol

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    south OC
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    The defense is playing much better under Pagano. Suddenly top 10 in many categories since he took over.

    The offense can go right back up to top ten, top five even, with a competent OC. Downing proves game after game his complete idiocy, and utter disdain for our guys' strengths, and what works and what doesn't. He needs to go back to QB coach or hit the road. Jack needs to find a good OC or he can hit the road too.

    I strongly disagree. This team does NOT need to be blown up and start over.
    I'm with you Chi... The team has has the players, IMO. I think RM has done a great job building this team. Stud Oline, awesome tandem WR's, a serviceable QB, and accumulated a lot of talent on defense. Raiders lack cohesiveness.

    I think JDR needs to go along with his crap management. We saw what a coaching change did with the Rams, I believe the same can happen with the Raiders.

    Question is; Who is a coaching prospect that can deliver?

    Shanahan and McVay were genius moves and I don't know if there are any out there to emulate them.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,033
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    I'm with you Chi... The team has has the players, IMO. I think RM has done a great job building this team. Stud Oline, awesome tandem WR's, a serviceable QB, and accumulated a lot of talent on defense. Raiders lack cohesiveness.

    I think JDR needs to go along with his crap management. We saw what a coaching change did with the Rams, I believe the same can happen with the Raiders.

    Question is; Who is a coaching prospect that can deliver?

    Shanahan and McVay were genius moves and I don't know if there are any out there to emulate them.
    NFL panel recommends 12 potential head-coaching candidates

    I like a few of the names on this list. Josh McDaniels, Mike Vrabel, and Dave Toub.
    All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.



    krsonekth

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •