0 0%
  • Celtics in 5

0 0%
  • Celtics in 6

1 2.70%
  • Celtics in 7

7 18.92%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Rockets. Celtics. Who's your $ on in a 7 game series?

Both rosters fully healthy.

Who wins?

This year Rox. After that Boston.

Rox. They gonna be good this playoffs. Better than people think

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    This year Rox. After that Boston.
    If Tatum and Brown keep progressing as expected that team gonna be crazy

Rockets in 7. I know you said healthy but Hayward played 1 game so I can't really consider him healthy since I don't know how he'd gel with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Rockets in 7. I know you said healthy but Hayward played 1 game so I can't really consider him healthy since I don't know how he'd gel with the team.
    With or without Hayward it is Rockets in 5/6 with a sweep more likely than it going 7. They are on a far different level than Boston (who are a very, very good team). Only team that can **** with Houston on an equal playing field is Cleveland at full strength and the only team better is Golden State.

I'm going to go ahead and vote based on reality. Hayward's out. Let's see how he comes back before having that thread.
    The Rockets have a more supercharged offense, but the Celtics can throw some long, nasty defenders at Harden, Paul and Gordon. I can't wait to see Smart get sicced on Harden. Even without Hayward, I'm predicting a close, small-ball bloodbath that the Rockets pull out in six or seven games.

Celtics. Better defending team and if they are allowed to play physical in anyway they have the advantage.

I voted for Celtics because the Rockets always seem to choke in the playoffs

I feel like some of you are totally bought into the choking label and automatically disqualify the Rockets. It's a concern but let's not pretend Celtics are proven in the playoffs as well. Kyrie is probably the only proven player. Horford hasn't really shown up in big moments when needed and I'm not sure who else you can say has been great. I'd rather take CP3 over Kyrie and I'm not exactly sure how you can guard Harden these days.

"Rockets always choke in playoffs."

I guess losing to higher seeded team is now choking.

Rockets in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    "Rockets always choke in playoffs."

I guess losing to higher seeded team is now choking.

Rockets in 6.
    You guys lost to the Spurs. Game 6 at your home. Kawhi Leonard was out for the game. How much did you guys lose by? Like 35. Yeah, you guys absolutely choked. This was Rockets chance to even up the series and potentially even win because Kawhi was far from 100%, yet, Harden had like 10 points and looked like the worst superstar. Had everyone disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    You guys lost to the Spurs. Game 6 at your home. Kawhi Leonard was out for the game. How much did you guys lose by? Like 35. Yeah, you guys absolutely choked. This was Rockets chance to even up the series and potentially even win because Kawhi was far from 100%, yet, Harden had like 10 points and looked like the worst superstar. Had everyone disgusted.
    It was disgusting. No excuses (although there's a real belief out there held by a lot of folks that Harden suffered a concussion on a Gasol elbow late in Game 5). But nobody was picking Houston to win that series going in, and they still would have had to win Game 7 in San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    The word "choke" gets thrown around too much.

One team played like **** and got absolutely worn out. No excuses, they lost.

BUT "ALWAYS CHOKE IN PLAYOFFS" is not how I'd describe it.

Otherwise, Celtics choked in playoffs last year too being the 1 seed. It's hypocritical and narrative based to bash the Rockets yet give Celtics a pass for losing in playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    It was disgusting. No excuses (although there's a real belief out there held by a lot of folks that Harden suffered a concussion on a Gasol elbow late in Game 5). But nobody was picking Houston to win that series going in, and they still would have had to win Game 7 in San Antonio.
    I don't buy that concussion. Wouldn't he have to go through the doctors? I saw the same Harden that choked when he was in OKC. It was reminiscent of that except, this time, he was their superstar. I'm pretty sure people were waiting for a game 7. You would think Spurs sitting Kawhi was basically them trying to give Kawhi 2-3 extra days of rest and taking their chances to game 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    The word "choke" gets thrown around too much.

One team played like **** and got absolutely worn out. No excuses, they lost.

BUT "ALWAYS CHOKE IN PLAYOFFS" is not how I'd describe it.

Otherwise, Celtics choked in playoffs last year too being the 1 seed. It's hypocritical and narrative based to bash the Rockets yet give Celtics a pass for losing in playoffs.
    So what do you call James Harden's performance? Was he not your choice for MVP? When you have that bad of a game, it is a choke-job and that was worse than anything I've seen from even LeBron at 2011. This was Houston's opportunity to get practically a free win without Kawhi and they got smoked by 35. Harden was the leader so if he can't get his team going and can't do it himself, he really didn't perform the way he should. Celtics didn't choke. They were just beaten by a clear better team. Their #1 seed was a sham the entire season and everyone knew it. Some say Cavs purposely lost it because they wanted to avoid the Wizards. Anyhow, it wasn't like LeBron was injured. Kawhi was. You guys had a chance.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast